http://a.scarywater.net/fob/

But not many leechers
those dramas should get more popular
Even more than animes ....mukakakakka
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 00:17   Link #22
jonjon87

Korean/Japan Drama movies

HI everyone...i hope i didn't post wrong thread here.....just need some help in searching for Korean and Japanese Drama/Movies torrents.I'm currentlt looking for My Sassy Girl (korean)..can someone help me...
jonjon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 12:35   Link #23
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Anyone willing to provide a brief description on Korean or Chinese or Japanese drama? Any similarities to the drama one might watch out where I live (USA)? I might want to check some foreign shows out, mainly because I like to get a taste for all forms of entertainment and see what I like best
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 12:51   Link #24
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Well, while I was in Korea, I watched quite a few. Given I couldn't understand a word, it was slightly entertaining to try to understand what was going on. They seem like typical love triangles and stuff like that. They aren't like American soups though with all the backstabbing and totally ficticous stories from what I watched. I think I saw an episode of Days of Our Lives with aliens in it. I did get to watch some movies on the flight there with English subtitles. They make some cool movies. I saw some movie called Oh! Happy Day or something like that. The main character was totally hot as a bitch. Matterfact, alot of girls there were hot as a bitch. I think I want to move there. It's alot like Japan I think except minus alot of wierdness. And they lack any great sports cars. I guess I'll have to import some car if I do move there. They have some huge tariff though. On the plus side, they do drive on the left-hand side of the car like sane people.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 01:48   Link #25
br0wnied

Re:

how'd you get to dl the full house epis? did you use bt? if you didn't..then how??? cause bt is way too slow for me...
br0wnied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 11:06   Link #26
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Hey guys it been a while! I know we are talking about Korean dramas. I'd like to put my two cents in. Have any of you watched "Meteor Garden" aka Hana Yori Dango? Its a Taiwanese drama. I got addicted and started watching Peach Girl Taiwanese drama and Orange Jam Boy (Marmalade Boy).
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 16:16   Link #27
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Hey guys it been a while! I know we are talking about Korean dramas. I'd like to put my two cents in. Have any of you watched "Meteor Garden" aka Hana Yori Dango? Its a Taiwanese drama. I got addicted and started watching Peach Girl Taiwanese drama and Orange Jam Boy (Marmalade Boy).
Yeah, I recently saw "Meteor Garden" aka Liu Xing Hua Yuan. It's pretty good, although I have to admit that the 2nd part to it was kind of crappy for a few particular reasons:

SPOILER

1.) Tsuyoshi's character got too close to the princess and they had such great chemistry towards the end .

2.) Hua Zhe Lei got hurt too much, I just wanted him to end up with ShanCai.

3.) Not enough of the other 2 F4 members.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 17:52   Link #28
Hanbok
nahmoo

None of you guys have seen Yi Shoon-Shin?! Have you guys are missing out =P
Hanbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 18:19   Link #29
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Yeah, I recently saw "Meteor Garden" aka Liu Xing Hua Yuan. It's pretty good, although I have to admit that the 2nd part to it was kind of crappy for a few particular reasons:

SPOILER

1.) Tsuyoshi's character got too close to the princess and they had such great chemistry towards the end .

2.) Hua Zhe Lei got hurt too much, I just wanted him to end up with ShanCai.

3.) Not enough of the other 2 F4 members.
I agree! The music wasn't to bad either for MG1 and MG2. I have to say thats the first time I've seen Jerry Yan! hes got the sweetest dimples

Spoiler:
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 04:59   Link #30
aeolian

InterpidAKP nice avartar, why don't you make an animated one with the next few frames in it.

Quote:
Anyone willing to provide a brief description on Korean or Chinese or Japanese drama? Any similarities to the drama one might watch out where I live (USA)? I might want to check some foreign shows out, mainly because I like to get a taste for all forms of entertainment and see what I like best
As for chinese dramas, they are not as good as the Japanese and the Korean dramas IMO, they are tend to be short, some times as short as 20 episodes, the Chinese dramas that people mainly watch are mostly from Hong Kong and Taiwan, because they always feature 1 or 2 superstar as the main characters. The chinese dramas from mainland are mostly based on Chinese lengends or the Chinese history, which makes it less popular. One of the Tawainese company always make shows that are based on manga or comic books(i.e. Meteor Garden), but they are not always good.

Korean dramas are always about relationships, because the Koreans really enjoy this kind of drama, so you might find it boring since almost every single serie is about the same thing. Korean movies, however, is totally different. Korean movies are comedies and they always fun to watch.

Japanese dramas are the most enjoable amongst the three. Japanese dramas are known for love stories again, but they are hilarious also, unlike the Korean dramas that only focus on the relationships between the characters. Sometimes they make shows that base on popular mangas.

If you want to start watching foreign show(especially asian shows), I strongly recommend you to watch the Japenese dramas, they are fun to watch(with translations and subtitles of course) and some of them have a really good storyline to follow. i don't recommend Chinese dramas/shows as they are short and the main selling point of them are the superstars. I do not know as much about Japenese and Korean dramas as Chinese dramas, so I might be wrong, please correct me if I made a mistake.
aeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 18:19   Link #31
sbf47

korean historical dramas

I read the post from Qwerty1092. I agree that "Tears of the Dragon" was spectacular. Does anyone know if it is possible to get that series on DVD or even VHS?
sbf47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 05:01   Link #32
Chanterelle
Thermodynamics > me

I don't want to dissect aeolian's post but I disagree with him on a few points. Maybe its because I mainly watch Korean and Chinese(or to be specific, Hong Kong dramas) as opposed to him mainly watching Japanese dramas.

I have watched quite a few Korean dramas that would adhere to most sterotypes of the typical weepy Korean drama ridden with heroines that are either blind or cancer striken and I'd like to point out there that I dislike such drama and refrain from watching them.

Most of the KDrama I watch are romantic comedies, and when they do get weepy it is not overdone.

Series I highly recommend:
My Girl
Totally hilarious at the beginning. The heroine is extremely engaging due to convincing and natural acting. The plot is alright but its the acting and comedy that shines. If you are a girl, there is a high probability that you will fall in love with the second male lead. As I did.

Resurrection
Intrigue. Its a slow paced drama, so if you're the impatient and the all out for action type it might not be for you. The acting is good but the romance can get draggy. I love how well the drama is filmed, the colour is vivid and crisp.

Don't kill me for this but I've actually become more interested in kdrama than anime.

I'm not sure whether posting the DL site for dramas is allowed... if anyone is interested please PM me.
Chanterelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:18   Link #33
johnd

go check out www.tokiemedia.com last time i was there i was pretty sure i saw full house in the korean drama section, they have subtitles too (well for all the shows and movies i've downloaded so far) im sure they'll have it for full house too
http://www.tokiemedia.com/tv-shows/korean-drama/
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:38   Link #34
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

crunchyroll thats your source, all the licensed show are not avaliable, but the non-licensed show are in decent quality, if u donate to the webaite u can ge better quality version
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 17:25   Link #35
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb View Post
2. Full House isn't a Korean drama, but a comedy starring Bob Saget made in America. It's still on TV on Nick-at-Nite.
There actually is. It's based on the Japanese manga by the same title.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:33   Link #36
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Full House was based on a manhwa (same title but was created by a korean author) by Soo Yon Won.

*Facepalm*

Okay, that was a bit of misinformation that I had. (No wonder I suck at K-Dramas: I don't watch any dramas)
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 18:07   Link #37
XekeXander

Location: Louisiana (Pronounced Lousy-ana ... LOL) in the USA
Greetings and Felicitations to One and All,

I’m Xeke Xander, and I’m new to this forum. This is the second time to try this post or this is the re-write of my first post, I could say. I don’t mean to be rude or to change the subject but … Before you cast dispersions on all Korean drama/sci-fi anime-like live action series in general … Might I suggest, "She Came Back."

I recently came across this series while searching for anime. Admittedly, the only reason I even gave it a look at all was the incredibly beautiful leading lady ... I didn’t get her name. The show didn’t harp on the sci-fi or science aspects of cryogenics ... Which remain controversial at best, but instead they concentrated on the human aspects. What would the “ice lady’s” problems be once revived ... as fart as being “out of her time” and all. The only film maker that comes to mind that could make a “tear-jerker,” (not quite the right term), like this was Mike Landon. I can’t get this show out of my mind …

Now don’t get me wrong the subs are really bad and at times down right infuriating but despite that the casts and the acting kept me coming back and wanting to know what will happen next. Will she get back together with her, (now 25 years older than her), ex-fiancé … or … get together with his son (what a nightmare situation!)… Will she self-destruct … Decide to just start over or what? I have found the premise, the writing, the acting and the cast simply captivating. I would have given good odds against it just from the promo. I would give it a 3 ½ star rating … That’s down from 4 stars because of the lousy fansubing.

Like I said, this is my 2nd and last attempt at talking about this show … An unexpected find, to be sure but good none the less. I hope that one or more of you will at least check it out … Or give me a recommendation for a show that you liked because I enjoy discussing anime and Asian films in general.

As always …

Good Journey,
Xeke Xander
XekeXander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:37   Link #38
LeoXiao
思想工作

You should watch Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the palace). At first I thought it would be pretty lame since my mom told me to watch it, but no, it was actually pretty really good.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 10:33   Link #39
Langknow

Hi,

You should be able to get all the popular Korean Dramas at :

d-addicts

Just type that in Google.

http://www.youtube.com/langknow
Langknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 12:52   Link #40
XekeXander

Location: Louisiana (Pronounced Lousy-ana ... LOL) in the USA
Thankx ... I'll give them a look. By the bye, have y'all checked out Rideback 12? It is fraggin awesome. I've just gotta have one of the Ridebacks ... That would be soo cool! LOL

Good Journey ...
Xeke
XekeXander is offline   Reply With Quote