AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-30, 05:28   Link #141
Wolfsbane68

Hmm, Tomomasa is definitely one of 8 on the official site. So, when and how does he receive the jewel since
Spoiler:
And a question for someone familiar with the manga, just how big a shot the flutist's elder brother is exactly?
Wolfsbane68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 07:18   Link #142
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Wow, I'm loving episode 7! The ending was very heartwrenching yet beautiful at the same time. I wonder what that song's name was? But the ending was sad too... Gragh, so much emotions combined.

Ive been wondering about that song for a week now. I really like it a lot.
Lady_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 07:35   Link #143
Shinkun
Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsbane68
Hmm, Tomomasa is definitely one of 8 on the official site. So, when and how does he receive the jewel since
Spoiler:
And a question for someone familiar with the manga, just how big a shot the flutist's elder brother is exactly?
Eisen's brother is the emperor of Japan. Can't get anymore big shot than that ^_^.
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 10:46   Link #144
Wolfsbane68

Originally Posted by Shinkun
Quote:
Eisen's brother is the emperor of Japan. Can't get anymore big shot than that ^_^.
Umm, yes. I understand now where his traumatic flashbacks in the "evil stringed instrument" episodes come from ;-\
Old 2004-12-31, 01:55   Link #145
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

WELL thank goodness for Aoi-Anime! ep 8 is ready for dl!! yippie!

edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cammie; 2004-12-31 at 04:27.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 13:02   Link #146
ppiglette

episode 8!

wow this series just keeps getting better and better! Since someone mentioned episode 12 to be loved by yasuaki fans, i can't wait ! lol but right now I'm following the sub 8 lol. The subs are updated so often now! yay. I guess its to filll in for the long timethat they paused. before.
ppiglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 16:30   Link #147
domino
デレデレ

It seems the series is really starting to get exciting starting with episode 7! That episode was really moving... I was sad for the rest of the day after watching it. The feathers were beautiful! I really want the song that played at the end. I don't know the name of it, but I'm certain that Yorihisa (Miki Shinichiro) was the singer. I looked through all of the Yorihisa songs/singles that I have, and none of the songs were the song from that episode... I wonder if it's a brand new song, then...

Episode 8 was great too! Inori is probably my favorite character. His brotherly personality, his cool voice, and unique design are all so great!! I was disappointed that he didn't get a song at the end of the episode like Yorihisa did in episode 7, because Inori can sing really really well! (he sang the Opening song, after all)

But two things have been annoying me. Akane's weakness wasn't so bad at first, but now I just want to yell at her. Especially when she
Spoiler for Akane's stupidity in ep6 and 7:
Her tendency to stand there and do nothing in the face of danger is annoying me. Especially when she seemed so much stronger in the games... at least she would call out and help during fights in the games, but anime Akane is so stupid. >_< I had my hopes for her, too...

And the other thing that annoys me... am I the only one who wants to strangle the little winged Kotengu? His voice is the most annoying thing I have EVER heard. Aghhh....
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 00:46   Link #148
burnttoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino

And the other thing that annoys me... am I the only one who wants to strangle the little winged Kotengu? His voice is the most annoying thing I have EVER heard. Aghhh....

YA let's get the axes out or the nets and catch the sucker and end his misery.

He doesn't quite fit in the series. The drama is belittled by his presence.

And YES Akane is being a little wimpy.
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 05:02   Link #149
burnttoast

13 ep

OH wow!!!
I just saw ep 13 RAW and it's utterly delicious!!!

Tomomasa [sp?] - let just say - yummmy!! [smile]. We all know he's a hachiyou, but he get's his stone in a really nice scene.

[and yes, i'm a girl and i'm smiling ear to ear!!]

Anyway, there's lots of action an Akane begins to look determined instead of a wimp! YEAH! Finally some GIRL power.

And of course, Temna-kun still has that chip on his shoulder concerning Tomomasa-sama.

Just LOVE this series!!!

he he
burnttoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 08:19   Link #150
Wolfsbane68

Ep. 8: So Yasuaki chose Tomomasa when he went and start caring for other people's opinion about him?
A small niggle, I wonder why they decided to choose violet over purple as the color of royalty?
Old 2005-01-02, 12:05   Link #151
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

uh.. huh! see I told ya ep.13 was the best by far! I really didn't want to give any details till now.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-03, 04:57   Link #152
Wolfsbane68

Ep 13:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-01-03, 05:38   Link #153
ato
Oups...

Hmmm, there seems to be several people here that want to discuss the raws... Maybe separate threads for the manga and the raw anime is in order?

Anyways, is it just me that's hoping for a victory of the "demons"? The good guys are just so...generic, hehe. On the other hand, I actually find this anime to be fairly entertaining. It'll be fun when all the character introductions are done and we can get on with the story.
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 15:22   Link #154
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato

Anyways, is it just me that's hoping for a victory of the "demons"? The good guys are just so...generic, hehe. On the other hand, I actually find this anime to be fairly entertaining. It'll be fun when all the character introductions are done and we can get on with the story.
ato: Hi! lol... you would have to say something like that. I'm glad you find it entertaining.
Old 2005-01-03, 15:58   Link #155
Shinkun
Fansubber

Quote:
Ep. 8: So Yasuaki chose Tomomasa when he went and start caring for other people's opinion about him?
A small niggle, I wonder why they decided to choose violet over purple as the color of royalty?
Traditionally 'murasaki' or violet has been the color of royalty in Japan. For those of you who watched The Twelve Kingdoms, the color of the imperial flag or the 'Dragon Flag' is also 'Murasaki' ^_^
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 22:43   Link #156
ggzone2000
Que Sera Sera

I'm up to episode 12 for this series and I like it for all the handsome anime guys >.< I esp. loved the episode with Nue.

I've been pretty annoyed with Akane's weak character and that she seems to be doing next to nothing and yet I am hoping for character development on her part.

I think the series is developing better and reading the info from previous comments about episode 13 seems interesting ^^ I can't wait.
ggzone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 23:33   Link #157
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Ep 13:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 13:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 12:12   Link #158
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I already read the synopsis in Anime News Network for this series, which quite sparked interest on me.

Quite resembling Fushigi Yuugi in its roots: high-schooler girl from Japan mysteriously summoned into an Ancient Chinese world, proclaimed to be a 'miko' that hides within her a mythical power, and eight guys assigned to act as her guarding angels.

I'm fond of those types of genre where ordinary girls get summon into fantasy or medieval worlds:
-Fushigi Yuugi, -Magic Knights RayEarth, -InuYasha, -Himiko Den, -Eien no Aseria, etc.

What I want to know if anybody here would like to recommend me this anime?

Is it worth a few minutes of my time?

And how long is it? Thirteen or twenty-six episodes?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 15:21   Link #159
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I already read the synopsis in Anime News Network for this series, which quite sparked interest on me.

Quite resembling Fushigi Yuugi in its roots: high-schooler girl from Japan mysteriously summoned into an Ancient Chinese world, proclaimed to be a 'miko' that hides within her a mythical power, and eight guys assigned to act as her guarding angels.

I'm fond of those types of genre where ordinary girls get summon into fantasy or medieval worlds:
-Fushigi Yuugi, -Magic Knights RayEarth, -InuYasha, -Himiko Den, -Eien no Aseria, etc.

What I want to know if anybody here would like to recommend me this anime?

Is it worth a few minutes of my time?

And how long is it? Thirteen or twenty-six episodes?

I love those kinds of stories too (especially stories with the "four gods" Byakko, Genbu, Suzaku, and Seiryuu). If you liked things like Rayearth and Fushigi Yuugi, you'll like Haruka -- it's better than those series. The character designs and music are amazing, too. It's slow at times, but you'll be glad you kept up with it. It's a really good series!

It's twenty-six episodes long. There is also a 2 episode OVA (it was subbed by a group that is now dead, but it's not on animesuki and I have no idea how to get it up on a torrent), and a movie being released in Japanese theaters in 2006. And note that it's based on a (REALLY fun) RPG series that you should also check out to further appreciate the Haruka world.

Another interesting thing about the series is how it continues through sequels. There is a "Haruka 2" and "Haruka 3" series and they all feature re-incarnations of the characters from the TV series. I like it when series do the whole "re-incarnation" theme.... ^_^ (Haruka 2 also has an OVA, but it hasn't been subbed).
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 17:42   Link #160
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

During this week, I've watched the first five episodes of Harukanaru Toki.

I'm in fond how they manage to keep the story moving and fresh with the drama and shoujo elements the show extensively resorts on each episode.

I get quite much insight about Akane's tribulations, and the personalities for each of the Hachiyoushou.

The timing of the action sequence is clever too, building the conflicting elements for the ripe turn to the climax for each episodes.
The battles are fast, not dull, pull a decent climax, and waiting to see some fights becoming epic for the future episodes.

However, I never expected that Akane could actually feel some empathy for Akram, the main antagonist. His background story will result interesting to watch, hoping that it won't be clichéd or monochromic.

Even though episode five lacked action, it compensated with a clever use of comedic specks.
1. Akane and the mouse.
2. Akane falling into the lake, and both Tenma and Yorihisa turned frantic.
3. The winged Goblin.
4. Funny faces and water effects!

The parallels with FY are pretty much obvious in the use of historical and religious contexts plus the Hachiyoushou in particular, as also referencing conflict with the antagonist.
However, I believe that Akram delves to reveal inner truths to the Miko and not surprising that he'll may fall in love with Akane too. Some bizarre, intimate contact to say the least.

Other parallels come from InuYasha:
1. Akane, Tenma, and Shimon get pulled into Kyou through a well by the power of the Ryuujin.
2. The winged Goblin somewhat reminded me of Shippou for being a complaining, whimsical, bragging, runt; yes, Tenma gives it a beaten like hell, but Akane, since being a girl, finds it cute and helpless.

The anime is based from a PS2 game that goes by the same title if I'm not mistaken, plus three other games followed.

The manga I think is both written and illustrated by Mizuno Tooko, if I recall, and have seen the covers for volumes 1-9. How many volumes is the manga?

Unlike the seishi of FY, the hachiyoushou identities will reveal when the need arises and their time comes, so I do not think that Akane will embark on a treacherous quest to find them all at once, since half of the hachiyou have been found in a merely lapse of four episodes.

Seiryuu of Heaven, Yorihisa. First
Seiryuu of Earth, Tenma. Third
Suzaku of Heaven, Inori. Sixth
Suzaku of Earth, Shimon. Second
Byakko of Heaven, Takamichi. Fifth
Byakko of Earth, will be Tomomasa
Genbu of Heaven, will be Eisen
Genbu of Earth, Yasuaki. Fourth

Also, I want to know the chronological order to enjoy this series.

The OVAs act like a sort of sequels to the TV series, or not?

In which order should I watch them, including the TV series too?

Check this link
http://marfisa.net/haruka/

Last edited by Guido; 2006-01-24 at 11:22. Reason: Forgot to mention a detail.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote