AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-06-07, 16:43   Link #1
ohitislove

How did you find this forum ?

I found it through my StumbleUpon (only the greatest thing ever!). I think it was right after I had thumbed up Haystack (music social network) and right before stuffonmycat.

You?
ohitislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 16:49   Link #2
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
You mean How did you find the forum?

It was on my old days at Ogaming.com (org?) and one dude showed me the Asuki website as a great way to see which series were being subbed and how to download them. Then later on I started to get interested in the discussion boards and bam, here I am.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 16:51   Link #3
Spark

Learned about the site from a friend of mine in our college anime club.. learned about the forum from the site. 'N that as they say is that! ^.^
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 17:28   Link #4
Simoon
*Graphic Designer

Heard about this site from another anime forum Im on.
I only heard good things about it so I decided to check it out.
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 17:41   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Google is my friend.... seriously.

I was looking for anime resources and the torrent site popped up. I clicked on the forums out of curiousity (so many bad experiences with other forums on the topic....)
Old 2007-06-07, 18:06   Link #6
ImClueless
Rawr

I think I am in the same boat of Vexx although it was quite awhile before I actually joined the forums.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 18:32   Link #7
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I was looking for torrents and found this site, but at first I didn't really use it so about after a year I finally I started posting more, and things just picked up from there.

Animesuki is a nice little forum anyway.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 18:37   Link #8
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I think I first started browsing the site when I was looking for stuff on stellvia of the universe back at the end of 2004/spring 2005? but around 2006 is when i started posting like mad on the forums.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:16   Link #9
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
When i'm looking up google for "anime" "torrent" i found anime suki and i think it's great. And then, i found the forum from the link.

And because i think AS forum is slightly better organized than other, i started to join this forum...

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:19   Link #10
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I found the forum during a period of my life that's mostly blank in my memory, thanks to sleep deprivation. From what I do recall, though, I found AS itself either as a link from another forum or as a google search for anime torrents after I'd found a little bit of spare time to return to watching fansubs and needed a way to keep up with a.f.k.'s Suzimiya Haruhi releases.

I wandered onto the forums for... reasons I don't recall, exactly. Looking back at my early posts, it seems that I only began posting to comment on the an episode of Haruhi, so I'd probably been lurking for at least a few weeks. I do remember thinking that out of any other anime forums I'd seen, this had the best record for activity and maturity.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:40   Link #11
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Eh... I don''t actually remember, but probably something like Vexx. Random googling, random clicking, oooh, this place looks nice and busy - *register*

That was August 2005 when Shuffle! was airing. Those were fun times Just a shame about that idiot hacker who ruined the fun.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 19:55   Link #12
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

A friend told me about this place and I lurked the forums for about 4 months or so before deciding to join. I didn't had a clue about torrents when I first landed here.

My original join date is Febraury 2005. >_< !!
Old 2007-06-07, 20:05   Link #13
Midorii
Airborne Ranger

I was looking for anime pics on google, and this place had really nice ones, so i just registered.
Midorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 20:12   Link #14
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
I was looking for the FMP translated Novels which were hard to find cause of them being licensed. I came here, didn't find them but thought this site was good so I signed up, a few days later I was lead back to this forum and I found them , been here ever since(which aint long anyways :P)
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 21:33   Link #15
Kazu
Flowing

I was looking for code geass avatars so I just ended up joining
Old 2007-06-07, 23:47   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't recall why I decided to start watching anime; it probably had something to do with my daughter becoming interested in it when she was about 12-13 (couple years ago). I found another site (that I don't think I can mention here) that had an enormous archive of completed series, picked a few that were highly regarded, and started watching them. I participated in the forum on that site for a while as well.

From time to time AnimeSuki would be mentioned there, but I only ever looked at the main page with the torrent listings and didn't look into the forums. Well, once I found the forums, I was delighted to find a place where most of the members were informed and literate. There are many thoughtful people here who are excellent writers to boot. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts, and thank you all for the time and effort you devote to making AS what I consider the premiere English-language anime site on the Internet. Arigato.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 23:56   Link #17
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
I'm apparently like a lot of people here. I believe I accidentally found it a few years ago while looking for various anime-related things, but not knowing what the crap a torrent was at the time, paid it no mind, until I got to college and was introduced to the wondrous world of Azureus. It's a shame that I neglected it so long ago though - I missed the opportunity to watch a lot of series for free.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:00   Link #18
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
A friend of mine used to check the main page for torrent listing, so I started using it, too. After a while, I found out it had forums. I actually registered, posted two or three times, and forgot about it after a prolonged period with near-zero internet connection time (from August 2006 till January 2007). After I regained my connection, I started looking for suitable anime boards, since I'm a long-time forum lover (I think my forum experiences date from back when I was 12). After a couple of failed attempts on finding mature anime boards, I got to the ANN boards, which would be good if it wasn't for the outdated layout, the inactivity of many of its sections, and a rather American-centered userbase (95%, I reckon), which also happened to be a hostile community towards all kinds of fansubs (I live in Argentina, so fansubs are the only way out--no local DVD releases). I lost hope on finding a nice, intelligent anime board till I remembered AnimeSuki. I had almost no intention to pull back my account from the grave, but after browsing a couple of threads, seeing nice and mature conversations, and noticing quite a good amount of users from all kinds of countries, I decided this was the board for me. So here I am, postin' it and lovin' it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:21   Link #19
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
I'm apparently like a lot of people here. I believe I accidentally found it a few years ago while looking for various anime-related things, but not knowing what the crap a torrent was at the time, paid it no mind, until I got to college and was introduced to the wondrous world of Azureus. It's a shame that I neglected it so long ago though - I missed the opportunity to watch a lot of series for free.
It's okay -- as you can see, there are many, many, MANY other series to watch instead.

I found this forum when I heard about it from a direct-download fansub site.

It was a path with a lot of twists and turns -- I had started buying VHS copies of Gundam Wing for a friend of mine (I worked at a comic shop, and could get them at a slight discount -- plus, supporting the local business over the large faceless corporation and all that) and wanted to find more anime over this nifty new DSL thingie we'd just gotten for the house.

I ventured onto this program known as Morpheus (anyone remember that?) and found a show called Gundam X.

This "Gundam X" show seemed interesting enough, and there was a watermark encoded for E-F. Intrigued, I visited their Web site and found that they had discussion forums, where people talked about anime and what they thought were good or not good and where to find it!

There was one particular Web page, hosted -- likely unwittingly -- by a university (I don't remember which one) and it featured direct-download episodes! Error-free, quick speeds -- all was well in the world.

But alas, all things must come to an end, and so too did the Web page. But before it died, it recommended this place called Animesuki to get your anime through this weird process known as a torrent.

And, of course, from there I eventually found the forums.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 00:37   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Google is my friend.... seriously.
Mine too,
While visiting the main site ~ I dropped by the forum.
There was still some mascot or something contest back then.

~ SeijiSensei

This forum is-nice thing seems to be some recent development.
In the old days 2003 etc there used to flame wars as far as I remember.

Wow, just realised I'm older then you on the forum,
I always imagined it the other way round till now >__>

_______
Someone needs to change the title >_<"
felix is offline   Reply With Quote