AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 02:57   Link #3821
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That was my first thought (Lucky*Star)... except that Konata is openly otaku-geekish-grrl. She isn't secretly one. She is quite bright though... but lazily loafs off of Kagami's homework (who corresponds more as a Perfect Girl).

Perfect girl who is, in reality, an otaku........ wow, drawing blanks here without more data. Lucky*Star is sort of close but not really.
He never actually said secrectly, just "in reality" which could possibly just be bad wording; "nerdy" and "otaku" aren't exactly polar states of being.

Taking the description at face value doesn't spark anything more likely than Lucky Star, even though you are correct in that it doesn't match so well. There are some manga that might fit, but no anime I know of...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 03:06   Link #3822
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by keedair View Post
Hmmm thank you, I'm going to try and follow that lead and see if I bring up any leads in Motley Crue site, fansites, or forums to try and confirm that.
//edit: Upon looking into it farther I'm having a hard time finding information that links the image hosting site to motley crue, do you have a reason other than the name to think it's a motley crue site?
Actually, I visited the source site, and it's just a generic image hosting directory.
Upon seeing some of the other pictures, it's probably a /b/tard who's a fan of Motley Crue. Ehh, that was the main lead, but I guess it's not very helpful anymore.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 08:04   Link #3823
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~

And it's not really like Higurashi. There's some mystery and fantasy similar to Higurashi, but it's more character-focused rather than killer lolis.
Oh for goodness sake... Higu was NEVER about the killer lolis, that's gotta be the biggest and most ridiculous misapprehension about that show ever. And one that will no doubt carry over into Umineko when that gets an anime as well
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 08:47   Link #3824
Franki
Inactive Member

I finally found the name of the title! After 4hours and 231pages visiting on animedb

The anime is Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5581

ps: Apology to the moderator who had to move my thread
Franki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 09:54   Link #3825
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Um this place seems to be the right thread soo here

ok um does any one know here what anime title is this pic

err i mean in what anime is that pic
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:53   Link #3826
Kaiko

I really only have this .gif.

I think its Hellsing or Trinity Blood, not sure.
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 11:56   Link #3827
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiko View Post

I really only have this .gif.

I think its Hellsing or Trinity Blood, not sure.
Huh no, that's from Hellsing Ultimate
Old 2008-03-27, 12:45   Link #3828
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Oh for goodness sake... Higu was NEVER about the killer lolis, that's gotta be the biggest and most ridiculous misapprehension about that show ever. And one that will no doubt carry over into Umineko when that gets an anime as well
You seem to be offended by a compliment, because it's not a misapprehension, but rather, an exaggerated generalization. What's wrong with a show having killer lolis? It's a good show...
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 13:46   Link #3829
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You seem to be offended by a compliment, because it's not a misapprehension, but rather, an exaggerated generalization. What's wrong with a show having killer lolis? It's a good show...
that is a complete misleading term.
The biggest problem already is: aside of 2 characters, the rest is hardly loli. Second, it would put the first season like "only murders" whil mystery and such are the strong core of the series.

Killer lolis mention may or may not be a perajorative term, but it is quite a prejudice, as it is selfdom focalising the series into "little girls going on rampage", which is NOT the case. And even with the "over generalization" mention, it is simply inaccurate.
That is hardly a compliment when the term itself encage the series into something it isn't.
Old 2008-03-27, 13:53   Link #3830
spudman

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
Um this place seems to be the right thread soo here

ok um does any one know here what anime title is this pic

err i mean in what anime is that pic
Magikano. That image is from episode 2.
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 13:54   Link #3831
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
that is a complete misleading term.
The biggest problem already is: aside of 2 characters, the rest is hardly loli. Second, it would put the first season like "only murders" whil mystery and such are the strong core of the series.

Killer lolis mention may or may not be a perajorative term, but it is quite a prejudice, as it is selfdom focalising the series into "little girls going on rampage", which is NOT the case. And even with the "over generalization" mention, it is simply inaccurate.
That is hardly a compliment when the term itself encage the series into something it isn't.
I was actually aiming at how they're portrayed, not their actions. The adjective "killer" here that I used doesn't mean "one who kills," but rather, "one whose looks suggest evil intentions." Whatever the plot may be or however their actions may be justified, just by going from the end of the opening sequence which features the lovely Rena with a yummy knife and an devilish look, I would say that they're "killer lolis."

So basically, it's the difference of how we use the word. While you take it as the plot and story is nothing but lolis killing everyone, I used the phrase to describe the appearance of the girls in the series.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:08   Link #3832
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

@spudman

ohhhh see i never knew that ahhahaha

well tnx it was just hmm maybe it must have been cut in the tv version still i dont seem to find that screne any ware in magikano still ill try re watching it hehehe
Old 2008-03-27, 21:28   Link #3833
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
I was actually aiming at how they're portrayed, not their actions. The adjective "killer" here that I used doesn't mean "one who kills," but rather, "one whose looks suggest evil intentions." Whatever the plot may be or however their actions may be justified, just by going from the end of the opening sequence which features the lovely Rena with a yummy knife and an devilish look, I would say that they're "killer lolis."

So basically, it's the difference of how we use the word. While you take it as the plot and story is nothing but lolis killing everyone, I used the phrase to describe the appearance of the girls in the series.
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler.:

Continuing, its grouping as an anime about "killer lolis" is inaccurate, but both loli characters and killing are main themes, so it has been grouped as such for lack of other anime to be grouped as "killer lolis" (Elfen Lied can't be all alone, can it?)
Old 2008-03-27, 21:56   Link #3834
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Bad choice qtip. You should've left this subject dead.
Old 2008-03-28, 12:24   Link #3835
Bratty

Send a message via AIM to Bratty
Oh, I do love this thread. This is exactly what I need!

There's this anime movie I saw, hoooh, over 20 years ago -- it's pretty old, probably from the 60's. I was still a kid, so I don't remember much when it comes to names -- what I do remember is that it was about a girl, her younger brother and another guy (dressed in his school uniform, the one with the jacket that closes at the neck). Something happens and they end up traveling trough time, meeting dinosaurs and -- other stuff. This was loooong ago.

The only peculiarity I remember about the movie is that, while they are traveling trough time, they themselves notice they don't feel the need to eat or sleep, nor to drink water and that kind of stuff.

So far, Google has failed me. Maybe one of you guys can help?
Bratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:14   Link #3836
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I don't recognize that, but if it really is from the 60s, then it was probably made by Osamu Tezuka. Take a look at the titles on this page: Osamu Tezuka's films. Maybe something there will spark a memory.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 01:42   Link #3837
Herodotarch

Hi, I hope someone here can help me answer this question. I saw an anime (I'm not too sure if it was anime but it was a cartoon, and fairly certain it was Japanese) a long time ago. It was before 1985. I cannot remember if it was a stand alone movie or part of a TV show; but it was science fiction.

It took place in space and on another planet; there was a team of good guys (human) facing off against a bad guy (who was or looked alien). This alien had a brother who did not look like him (more wolf-like) who took orders from him. The brother flew around in a spaceship that was or looked like an asteroid. Their plan was to attack Earth or some similar planet, but the asteroid ship was destroyed by the good guys. I remember in the end clearly that after the main bad guy learned his brother was killed, and knew the good guys were coming for him he pushed a self-destruct button that blew himself up and his fortress (two towers above a city).

That's the basics, sorry I cannot be of more help. If this sounds familiar to anyone I would like to know the title and whether it is for sale commerically. One more thing, I saw it on VHS and it was in English. Thanks a lot.
Herodotarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 09:03   Link #3838
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

UM a little help her um i i cant rember the title but the summary goes like this

2 sibling a boy and a girl is warped to anothermension were the gir is captured and improsoned by a the ruler of the kingdome

the only way for the boy to set here sister free is to work under him and defen his kingdome

um this is a manga but i can rember the title
Old 2008-03-30, 02:38   Link #3839
Tran225

http://www.total-eclipse.jp/te/

is this an anime or game?
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 02:49   Link #3840
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
http://www.total-eclipse.jp/te/

is this an anime or game?
It's a game. I believe it says Muv-Luv Alternative.

And âge of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Muv-Luv is credited in the top right.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel