AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-19, 00:52   Link #681
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post

Fruits Basket: Anime that produce strange aura that make me to go to sleep,play PS2 or PC,go out to the mall,do house chores and turn off the TV.But this strange aura doesn't work on teenage girls.

Princess Princess: Everybody knows their real gender but most teenage girls are just too stupid to change their taste.

Ouran High School Host Club: Funny as sh*t,as a forumer told me before.I hope he/she was right.
There's nothing I can say against your taste, since it's one person's opinion, but as far as your reasoning is concerned, some things bugged me.

On Fruits Basket; Why do you assume that only teenage girls are watching and enjoying this series? Looking around the forum, I've seen a number of male users that have enjoyed the series and even recommended it to other people, myself included.

On Princess Princess; First off, the concept sounds kind of humorous to me, but that's another issue. Once again, why are you adding in comments about teenage girls? Being male or female does not lock you into a specific range of tastes in entertainment, and it's not really fair to call someone dumb for their opinion of a show. Now, perhaps I am misreading your comment on this one, since I do not know much about Princess Princess. However, my assumption is that the bit "teenage girls are just too stupid to change their taste" is not referring to characters in the show, given the implied gender ratios of the series. Do correct me if I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

Now, I'm not going to stay and lecture you, as I have no intention to drag on some inane argument and getting the thread that far off topic would be a bad thing. But a little more consideration wouldn't hurt; I'm sure I'm not the only one who read that and found it at least a little rude.

NOW. As for the original topic...

@ fieryshadowcard: Out of curiousity (damn that thing), I looked up some information on Eiken, and while I haven't seen the series to agree or disagree with how bad it is, I saw nothing there to attract anyone except those with the particular fetish that the series seems to broadcast. And even then, I'm not entirely positive. So... I'll stay on the safe side and heed your warning.
Old 2007-07-19, 04:00   Link #682
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
There's nothing I can say against your taste, since it's one person's opinion, but as far as your reasoning is concerned, some things bugged me.
Although I agree, I would like to add that it is when I like a series that people hate that think I understand more about that series than anyone, so I have more respect for that series. Thus, I tend to like controversial series such as KgNE. And also thus, I learned to really not get mad at all when people talk trash about your series. Lots of people hate Elfen Lied and that was a masterpiece to me, but I really don't mind.

Of course, this has nothing to do with your post, but just that your first sentence I could relate to.
Old 2007-07-19, 04:36   Link #683
Oppius
Banned

@Alexandrite

It is true that many guys do like Fruits Basket but in country,you can be a laughing stock for watching it if you are man.That anime obviously made for girls and most guys,including me, tend to avoid it.The rabid fangirls makes me to stay away from it even further.Just like before,better leave it to the hands of fangirls alone.

Those animes you quoted above are not craps but just animes that I happy to stay away from it.I even "awarded" with some reputation points for mentioning Ouran at this thread and I don't want to get more.

For Princess Princess, it just plain disgusting to see boys dressed like girls and seduce other boys in their school despite everyone else know they are boys in female clothings.You can blame me because I'm a man but if I a woman right now,I will have same idea too.The only good thing about Princess Princess is it's more entertaining than Gakuen Heaven.GH is bland and I just want to give it to Mr. Fire and he will keep that anime forever.

For most shounen-ai animes that don't have chance to mention here,it just easy.Sex sells.Just like the usage of fanservices for male audiences.Shounen-ai and yaoi just like that,for different audiences.

This is my last post at this topic.I don't want to get more reputation points just because this thread.

Adios.
Old 2007-07-19, 04:43   Link #684
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
That seems harsh that people would just give you negative reputations because they disagree with your opinion while you're making a very valid and semi-formal argument without flaming.
Old 2007-07-19, 07:52   Link #685
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
I still don't like him to generalize that "females like blah, and males like blah". It's not insulting, but I find it demeaning (to both men and women). I love shoujo shows, Gravitation, cutesy shows, and whatnot, and I have a female friend, who, even though she LOVES yaoi, would rather watch Hellsing and Gundam over any of the shows he mentioned.

I may not care for yaoi but it's not solely a "sex sells" marketing device(although it's hard to tell at times >>).
Old 2007-07-19, 10:20   Link #686
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
I still don't like him to generalize that "females like blah, and males like blah". It's not insulting, but I find it demeaning (to both men and women). I love shoujo shows, Gravitation, cutesy shows, and whatnot, and I have a female friend, who, even though she LOVES yaoi, would rather watch Hellsing and Gundam over any of the shows he mentioned.

I may not care for yaoi but it's not solely a "sex sells" marketing device(although it's hard to tell at times >>).
The generalization was my big problem too, mostly because I'm into stuff from a lot of genres and it kind of irks me to think of borders that define what material a certain group is supposed to watch. Being male hasn't stopped me from enjoying female-targetted material, and the yaoi doesn't really bother me; nearly all of Kaori Yuki's work have at least implications, and I love them.

And don't worry, Amex; I don't really bother with the reputation system either way.

Well this has certainly been a fun little diversion, eh?
Old 2007-07-19, 10:37   Link #687
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Yup, let's get back to the shows we hate...

*cough*

Mouse >>

(Where's your avatar from Alex?)
Old 2007-07-20, 12:27   Link #688
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

(It's a screencap I took from Canvas 2. I thought the scene was funny )

Hmm... I know I listed Soul Link in my first post in this thread many pages ago, but other than that, I can't think of anything too horrendous that I've watched. I guess I've been fortunate to have watched at least semi-decent material so far, and most of what I've disliked has just been for how overrated I felt it was (Naruto, DBZ, and a lot of other shounen fight anime).

However, I think that was before I watched the original Canvas ~Motif of Sepia~ OVA, which makes me sad, because I loved Canvas 2 (watched it first). Poor animation and a rushed plot left a bad taste in my mouth. It may have been better if they had focused more on just one girl's path instead of trying to squeeze minor elements of all of them into two episodes. Maybe if it were stretched into at least 12 episodes they could get somewhere, but as it stands - crappy.

Shame also to Canary, which had just as bad animation. And I had the fortune to watch both of these series as a bundle. Silly me.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:32   Link #689
Zifx

Perhaps not the absolute worst, but imo shows like Inuyasha and Bleach are frisbee material as it's probably the only way they'll ever get anywhere.
Old 2007-07-22, 20:13   Link #690
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Faulken View Post
Why can't you eat an egg? That vampire s--t sucks, too.... It makes my ears bleed.
Well, if I tell you, you probably hate me for life and try to kill me. Besides, when all my friends was looking at NSN before, I was running for my life for FOUR hours. Besides after I looked at it,
Spoiler for Stuff that I didnt want to eat or drink after looking at NSN:

I dont like Yugioh either, I tried to look at it before saving the world with playing cards, I dont think I cant take that series seriously. YGO: Abridged Series is so much better.
Evil Teddy Bear says "YOUR MOTHER PLAYS CARD GAMES IN HELL"
Old 2007-07-23, 06:13   Link #691
A_AQUARE

is the one Meiaminkbell where......
Spoiler for we're takin the same one rite??:

one more which i din like is devilman(the one tat has only one episode), anime movie thats one kinda goreish n creepy... cept for the boob rippin n kid eatin by the main character.... i kinda like the theme(only the theme!!!) that one stil wit me..
Old 2007-07-25, 16:27   Link #692
Noyemi K
PC-8801 Fetishist
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
Well, if I tell you, you probably hate me for life and try to kill me. Besides, when all my friends was looking at NSN before, I was running for my life for FOUR hours. Besides after I looked at it,
Spoiler for Stuff that I didnt want to eat or drink after looking at NSN:

I dont like Yugioh either, I tried to look at it before saving the world with playing cards, I dont think I cant take that series seriously. YGO: Abridged Series is so much better.
Evil Teddy Bear says "YOUR MOTHER PLAYS CARD GAMES IN HELL"
Tell me!! Please!! I won't try to kill you.... I promise!! If it's gross, then PM it to me!
Old 2007-07-25, 16:57   Link #693
Sarah89

Send a message via MSN to Sarah89
Demon City Shinjuku is pretty dire. Then again, I've only seen the dub, and it was awful. I must say it is actually worth watching, if only for the comedy value.
Old 2007-07-25, 21:00   Link #694
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
I'm gonna add Cyborg 009 to my list. I like mechas and cyborgs, but the show ruined my taste. The plot's so incoherent, and there's just nothing much to watch in the anime. Honestly, it looked like a huge filler to me.
Old 2007-07-26, 12:22   Link #695
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post

For Princess Princess, it just plain disgusting to see boys dressed like girls and seduce other boys in their school despite everyone else know they are boys in female clothings.You can blame me because I'm a man but if I a woman right now,I will have same idea too.The only good thing about Princess Princess is it's more entertaining than Gakuen Heaven.GH is bland and I just want to give it to Mr. Fire and he will keep that anime forever.

Adios.
I'm with you on this one.. I just looked at the first episode of princess princess... it is nauseating... sickening... ewwww.... Mr Fire can indeed have it.

I know its aimed at girls.. but still.. just eww...
Old 2007-07-26, 17:52   Link #696
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Dbz. Its way too long and it takes them about 50 eps to kill one guy so.
And I also didn't like the anime version of Fruits Basket, I'm not saying I hated it, but it stopped on manga 9.
Old 2007-07-26, 18:23   Link #697
GunBladeKid09
~Falling~

Send a message via MSN to GunBladeKid09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka View Post
Love Hina Again
Meh, the probably reason you'd want to throw this out the window is the ending, it completely drops. Just read the manga xD.
Old 2007-07-27, 08:55   Link #698
Celisasu
My marbles! I lost them!

Sorceror Hunters is one of the most horrible things I've been exposed to. Boring as hell. I thought it couldn't get worse. Then someone showed me the OVA. It got worse.
Old 2007-07-27, 15:37   Link #699
geki~
noLife
*Artist

The most boring/bad animes in my opinion, from what I've seen are:
Beyblade
Dragon Half
Onegai Twins
Green Green TV
Kanon
Kita-He Diamond Dust
Yami to Boushi To Hon no Tabibito (That show was just so wtf o.o)
Hanaukyo Maid-Tai TV
To Heart
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Tenshi No Shippo Chu!
Yumeria
2x2 Shinobuden
Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai
Ichigo 100%
Shuffle!
Angel's Feather
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Air
Ultimate Girl

All in all I think 99% of animes that are made after hgames have no real future. They lack an interesting story, originality and originality!!!! They're basically all the same.

I noticed I have watched so much random anime but I've still managed to watch them through for the sake of my watched anime list lol :P~
Old 2007-07-27, 17:07   Link #700
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geki~ View Post

All in all I think 99% of animes that are made after hgames have no real future. They lack an interesting story, originality and originality!!!! They're basically all the same.

I noticed I have watched so much random anime but I've still managed to watch them through for the sake of my watched anime list lol :P~
I'm curious - what types of shows do have future then ? Some of the shows you listed are almost universally recognized as very good to excellent animes, nor do i see how they lack originality. Lets take Air, Kanon and KGNE from your list. Do Kanon and Air lack originality or story ? (Note that the games are 99.9% story and 0.1% "H scenes"). Are there many shows similar to KGNE i have missed ?

I can understand disliking a certain show/genre and leaving it at that, but i do not find the reason you stated to be adequate