AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 20:15   Link #661
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
so both assumptions were right i guess?
Spoiler for assumptions:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 20:43   Link #662
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

You start with a Stargate type black hole on an airplane, add a mega-billion dollar cloning project in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, add a highly lethal virus in a breakable bottle which apparently kills all the scientists involved equals = I got nothing!

Without a Lost type beam to bring the plane down and start a time loop there is nothing to tie the two technologies together. If you resurrected your precious family members you certainly would not drop them into a jungle filled with prehistoric carnivores and even more dangerous crazy people. If the virus ate the workers and transformed them into the students, why would it wait decades to activate? If the pods took that long to gestate, who scattered the passengers around the crash site?

How can these inconsistencies be rationalized in two weeks? Either Sengoku wakes up in the hospital with his head bandaged or it is all a big Truman Show type reality TV - with about 70% casualties.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:19   Link #663
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
so both assumptions were right i guess?
Spoiler for assumptions:
I am taking the guess everyone is clone and the entire population of Japan was killed off by the extinct animals.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:25   Link #664
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I guess I'm the only one that seems to be against the cloning theory and time travel is the only explanation.

The plane itself was still spanking new, full of supplies compared to everything else.
If humanity is extinct, no way they could remake all that in that condition.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:44   Link #665
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Why would they be clones? They woke up on a plane, with everything that they remembered having and with clothes on. What would be the purpose of cloning them to do that??

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:56   Link #666
Velvetj

With two chapters left, still so many unanswered questions.
  • What was on the hard drive?
  • The flashback of the pilot and his concern of getting back.
  • Why the plane didn't crash land
  • What happened to the tall volleyball guy?
  • In the spiral tower, why a naked corpse in a barrel?

If they are clones, it would confirm my suspicion that the two Miinas might be the same (opposite clones of a single). Also if they are clones, it could be a possibility that Hades is a previous clone of Sengoku and the whole survival story is cyclical where the survivor(s) find the truth and realize they can start over again, where a new batch of clones are created and the whole ordeal repeats. Though it doesn't explain why you would have clones start off on an airplane. If it was a starting stage for clones, it's pretty bad because it's easily destroyed by the animals.

Right now, the only happy end with them returning is if this whole entire thing was some kind of bad dream from Sengoku eating too much during the flight.
Velvetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 23:31   Link #667
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
lso if they are clones, it could be a possibility that Hades is a previous clone of Sengoku
Glad I'm not the only one who think of that. Well to be fair, that thought only came across my mind this morning, so you could say I'm pretty late at speculating things However, after some thinking, there's still this one confusing moment in the first chapter that makes me think that this is not entirely the case. It's the part where the flying invicible beak (bird?) hit the plane... it's strongly hinted that they all got into time slips

This might sounds stupid but.. what if that it's only Sengoku who experienced the time slip and everyone else is a clone? I mean, it seems that he's the only one who has the memories of that thing appeared. It could also be the reason why he's separated from the rest of them at the beginning, thought it will means that there are others too who experienced time slip beside him

Quote:
Though it doesn't explain why you would have clones start off on an airplane.
There's one big problem about that though. If they're a clone, why would they have any memories on what happened during airplane trip? oh wait, does anyone beside Sengoku has it?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 01:25   Link #668
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The whole cyclical theory really hits a snag when you consider the qns of "Then who's cloning them?" The bones are fairly old, as are the other remains. If they were cyclical, someone must be pulling the strings but we have found no other living people yet and there are no indications to say there are still other living people on the island.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 16:59   Link #669
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

ch 184 is up on Chinese site.

Spoiler for My theory:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:07   Link #670
Velvetj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post

Spoiler for My theory:
Your thought is pretty interesting.
Spoiler for I don't know if this should be in Spoilers or not:
Velvetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:41   Link #671
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetj View Post
more like "Repopulation of Eden"
Old 2013-01-13, 00:47   Link #672
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetj View Post
Yeah. That's what I think. I can't see any possible way the author can end this series and wraps up everything without pissing off the readers.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:51   Link #673
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more like "Repopulation of Eden"
Isn't there an h-manga with that kind of plot?
Old 2013-01-13, 07:59   Link #674
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

After seeing the raw for 184, I agree that it is quite impossible for this series to wrap it up in just one chapter. I hope you guys were right about your speculation for a 2nd book
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 11:19   Link #675
Helius

Quote:

Spoiler for My theory:
Spoiler for Theory:

But yeah I too doubt that the story can be wrapped up satisfactorily with just one chapter left. Maybe it'll be a 50-page chapter. Personally I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd arc since the mystery of the island has been pretty much solved with just a few loose ends here and there. So far I can see only 2-3 possible outcomes - the group either resign to staying on the island or they make a run for Okinawa; or there's a deus ex machina as suggested and they go back in time, which would be ridiculous without a sensible explanation....
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:00   Link #676
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Spoiler for Theory:

But yeah I too doubt that the story can be wrapped up satisfactorily with just one chapter left. Maybe it'll be a 50-page chapter. Personally I don't think there's gonna be a 2nd arc since the mystery of the island has been pretty much solved with just a few loose ends here and there. So far I can see only 2-3 possible outcomes - the group either resign to staying on the island or they make a run for Okinawa; or there's a deus ex machina as suggested and they go back in time, which would be ridiculous without a sensible explanation....
Spoiler for Jurassic Park:
Old 2013-01-13, 12:19   Link #677
Helius

Quote:
Spoiler for Jurassic Park:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:07   Link #678
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Given that the island isn't on any maps, it might be an artificially made island aswell.
I do not know for what reason they'd clone everybody (if they had the technology to do that without remaining tissues of the people who died) and leave them in the crashed plane.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 17:47   Link #679
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Given that the island isn't on any maps, it might be an artificially made island aswell.
I do not know for what reason they'd clone everybody (if they had the technology to do that without remaining tissues of the people who died) and leave them in the crashed plane.
The island is artificial created, but it should be on the map if it goes public.

Enough with the cloning! I don't think it's possible to even clone people who disappeared, with their memory up to when they're on the plane! Simply bullshit!
Old 2013-01-13, 19:16   Link #680
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Enough with the cloning! I don't think it's possible to even clone people who disappeared, with their memory up to when they're on the plane! Simply bullshit!
The reason that cloning cannot be dismissed is that it is the reason for the island to even exist. What other possibility is there that could draw a grieving mother into spending the rest of her life working on a secret project? If they just needed a soft spot for the plane to land they could have populated the artificial island with hula girls.

agreed though, it is BS.
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, survival