AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 66 70.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-12, 20:59   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kill La Kill, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-13, 01:29   Link #2
Knightrunner

Just the sheer waiting is killing me.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:41   Link #3
v1cious

Why does Crunchyroll keep having delays whenever there's a really good episode? This can't be a coincidence.

Anyways, fantastic episode. Also another big twist confirmed that we all expected.
Spoiler:

Last edited by v1cious; 2014-02-13 at 13:00.
Old 2014-02-13, 12:53   Link #4
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Why does Crunchroll keep having delays whenever there's a really good episode? This can't be a coincidence.
I wonder. Honestly... they say it's not CR's fault but how can it not be when RAW & fansubs are out before them? And what kind of game are they playing at anyway, don't they realize they only encourage piracy?

Not to talk about Wakanim - which exists only to license two or three shows to UK and which gets their subs from Crunchyroll anyway. Meaning they're just a delayed & shittier Crunchyroll. Kinda like HorribleSubs, but you have to pay to download the episodes (you can stream them for free though, at least).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-13, 14:17   Link #5
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
So let me get this straight: Ragyo had two daughters.

She tried to fuse them with life fibers, like she herself is.

Satsuki, the first daughter, was a total failure in trying to fuse due to not being compatible.
The second daughter successfully fused then apparently died in the process but it turns out she is not only still alive, she's also Ryuko. Okay.

It was Ryuko's apparent death that caused Soichiro Kiryuin to rebel against Ragyo. Did Soichiro find Ryuko's "corpse" and give her to Isshin? Is Isshin, in some weird twist, actually Soichiro?
Old 2014-02-13, 14:35   Link #6
Knightrunner

^^
Maybe Isshin found Ryuko and adopted her.
Old 2014-02-13, 14:36   Link #7
AkitoW013

My reaction.
Old 2014-02-13, 15:25   Link #8
Death Usagi
Banned

Total epic episode.

So Ragyo is like not human but totally a living Life Fiber in the form of a human right now.

Satsuki is defeated and Junketsu is taken

Ryuuko is actually Ragyo's abandoned daughter.

So I am going to guess Matoi Isshin adopted Ryuuko.

And I doubt Soichiro is Isshin. The age difference between them is too much.

And the Elite Four doesn't even stand a chance against Nui still sadly even with the upgraded 3-star Goku Uniforms @_@
Old 2014-02-13, 15:56   Link #9
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

With this episode's revelation, it makes that "Like daughter skank, like mother skank" line by Ryuko last episode seem pretty funny in hindsight.
Old 2014-02-13, 15:58   Link #10
Death Usagi
Banned

I knew how the face expressions and personality similarity of Ryuuko and Satsuki weren't just a coincidence...
Old 2014-02-13, 16:48   Link #11
7Th
Mixtape

Isshin was working with Ragyou.
Isshin finds the abandoned baby and realizes the truth.
Isshin escapes with the baby and adopts her as his daughter.

It's not hard to follow.
Old 2014-02-13, 16:55   Link #12
Death Usagi
Banned

Is it just me or they saved some money by reusing some of the previous scenes they used in past episodes? o3o
Old 2014-02-13, 17:06   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Holy crap, this episode. That was fantastic.

Ragyo is even more of a monster than we thought, in both body and mind. After this episode, it's clear there's no a single shred of humanity left in her. She had no qualms about using her infant daughters as guinea pigs.

I was convinced Ryuko's mother was Tsumugu's sister so I was quite surprised by this week's revelation, albeit not completely shocked since it was also a popular theory and it's a pretty cliché twist. I'm very curious to find out how the two sisters will welcome this news. I thought they'd remain rivals until the bitter end, but now I can see them bonding.

When they first mentioned Satsuki's sister in this ep, I was hoping it would turn out to be Mako instead (it's not that dumb, she seemed compatible with life fibers), it would have been an awesome twist. Satsuki's reaction to have a sister like Mako would have been hilarious
Old 2014-02-13, 17:23   Link #14
HalfgildMora

Best episode so far. The animation was top quality. Ragyo being Ryuko's mother has caught me off guard, I totally expected Satsuki and Ryuko to have the same father. That is still possible though

Notice that unlike Satsuki Ragyo uses the full power of Junketsu - all the blue lines on it are glowing like the red lines on Senketsu.

I wonder what will happen to the sisters now. Satsuki will probably be rescued by the elite four and Ragyo will try to pull Ryuko to her side. She definitely isn't going to take it nicely.
Old 2014-02-13, 18:25   Link #15
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

i thought maybe either satsuki's dad was ryuoko's dad or else some high ranking scientist that wroked with Isshin.

Based on this episode i think it's more likely the former.

Isshin, aka soichiro saved the baby after the experiment ( probably with something life fiber related).

Then he hid the fact she was alive and raised her in a hidden way. This part is furthermore strengthen based on episode 8. Ryokou mentions that Isshin was always working and she was living in kindergarten dorms. So basically they rarely met each other ( because Isshin/soichiro) was plotting against ragyou while more than likely working for her.

Basically pretending to work for her while doing all other stuff secretly ( nuddist beach, research, ...).

This is hinted at when we see the scene where Nu kills isshin ( I.E. They realized he was betraying them thus they went after him). But of course just speculations here.

Isshin/soichiro could have disappeared at sometime from age 5 satsuki till their death as well.

further speculation; Back to the same key episode ( ep 8). When Matoui comes back to her old house, the house was cleaned away. senketsu says it was probably mitsugi's doing. this has yet to be confirmed. For all we know it could have been satsuki's doing ( to hide from her mother). Satsuki could have known Isshin ( I.E. Her father) and could have known about ryokou. There is even a small chance she knew she was her sister, though more likely she just knew her as some one related to isshin ( her father).
--
Now lets talk about a possible plot hole. In kill la kill wiki satsuki's age is 18 and Matoi's age 17. We clearly see Ragyou being pregnant while she was abandoning the baby. So imo there are 3 possibilites. 1) Ryoku is actually older than Satsuki ( plot hole needs to be closed in future explanations). 2) Satsuki was the first child but survived the expriement ( although not completly compatbile). And Ryokou was the second daugther ( this goes along the ages). 3) There were more children beside the two. Satsuki then ryokou ( abandoned) and third child was the one she was pregnant with ( Possibly Nui harrime?).
Old 2014-02-13, 19:33   Link #16
tuckersister

Ragyo pull Ryuko's heart out. What a B&$#$H.
Old 2014-02-13, 19:54   Link #17
Death Usagi
Banned

Soichiro looks nothing like Isshin though O_o
Old 2014-02-13, 20:08   Link #18
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Ragyo pull Ryuko's heart out. What a B&$#$H.
Normal rules don't apply to ryuko any more. She is linked to senkentsui similar to how ragyo is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Soichiro looks nothing like Isshin though O_o

yes. But we are in anime world . A way ( of many ) this could be resolved is that the life fibber experimentation ( on himself maybe) made him age at a much faster rate.

Nui also mentions that he has been doing some experimentation on life fibber too ( episode 8).

but of course just pure speculation at this point. i might be wrong .
Old 2014-02-13, 20:36   Link #19
tuckersister

I'm starting to think the woman with the blue scissor blade still exists. But lets see where the story goes.
Old 2014-02-13, 20:44   Link #20
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quite an episode. With this show, the hits just keep on coming.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread