AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-28, 21:15   Link #321
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
It really is sad the way harem anime tend to end ambiguously without a conclusive victor. I can only think of one, and it's ruined by several of the losers coming from a polygamist society and don't really have a concept of a man being "taken".
I too want a season 2. And I must agree, the final girl is obvious; at least it's a girl I love though. But there's still very much fun pureness to be had from her, so let us see more. I'm curious whether Eri is going to find some way to use her fame to find and get into that school; it'd be interesting to see how she stirs things up, although from what I've heard there'd probably be a good bit of bad brought in with her. But at least with two commoners you'd have a little more likelihood that any stupid prank one pulls would get canceled by the other. Gets would not get far, and the less we see of that the BETTER.
The problem is that Eri is pure evil.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 16:13   Link #322
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Not ev n translators like Eri .
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 17:45   Link #323
grecefar

well, lately the most hated characthers are the ones to win so...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 09:07   Link #324
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The problem is that Eri is pure evil.
So is Esdeath, from Akame ga Kill, and yet there is not even half as much hate against her than I observed from when people talk about Eri.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 14:39   Link #325
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So is Esdeath, from Akame ga Kill, and yet there is not even half as much hate against her than I observed from when people talk about Eri.
Esdeath is evil against those that are against the empire, aka her job, she is nice to her subordinates and feels for those who died.
She is also a charismatic character in her own series.

Putting her next to Eri is a poor comparison.

Ume from Ben-to is a better choice.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 14:42   Link #326
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
It really is sad the way harem anime tend to end ambiguously without a conclusive victor. I can only think of one, and it's ruined by several of the losers coming from a polygamist society and don't really have a concept of a man being "taken".
I too want a season 2. And I must agree, the final girl is obvious; at least it's a girl I love though. But there's still very much fun pureness to be had from her, so let us see more. I'm curious whether Eri is going to find some way to use her fame to find and get into that school; it'd be interesting to see how she stirs things up, although from what I've heard there'd probably be a good bit of bad brought in with her. But at least with two commoners you'd have a little more likelihood that any stupid prank one pulls would get canceled by the other. Gets would not get far, and the less we see of that the BETTER.
If you think it's Aika, I have bad news for you. Karen and Miyuki surpass her in chances
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 14:59   Link #327
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
There is no "obvious girl" dude(tte?), again as we saw this series isn't about WHO is going to end up with Kimito but about HOW they become friend due to getting to know him and HOW those bonds develop, if only this adaptation had reached Rabbit no Kimi arc it would have made it more clear.
Old 2015-12-30, 16:16   Link #328
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
There is no "obvious girl" dude(tte?), again as we saw this series isn't about WHO is going to end up with Kimito but about HOW they become friend due to getting to know him and HOW those bonds develop, if only this adaptation had reached Rabbit no Kimi arc it would have made it more clear.
I said the final girl was obvious. It's fun to see a harem where the ultimate conclusion is vague but when the obvious final victor is as lovable and ditzy as this one I have no complaints; that's all I was saying.
The story doesn't continue until the conclusion is actually carried out, which I consider a failing held common by many shows, so I want another season to see it through. We need more harem anime where the fight is actually settled at the end, and where we don't have a number of candidates who don't care because they think it's OK to be one of fifty wives. And it's dude, by the way.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 17:20   Link #329
James Rye

Great ending, liked this series a lot, hope for a 2nd season.^^
Old 2015-12-30, 18:00   Link #330
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I said the final girl was obvious. It's fun to see a harem where the ultimate conclusion is vague but when the obvious final victor is as lovable and ditzy as this one I have no complaints; that's all I was saying.
The story doesn't continue until the conclusion is actually carried out, which I consider a failing held common by many shows, so I want another season to see it through. We need more harem anime where the fight is actually settled at the end, and where we don't have a number of candidates who don't care because they think it's OK to be one of fifty wives. And it's dude, by the way.
There is no "obvious final girl" and the anime certainly doesn't point to the fact at all, that's just your bias at work.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2015-12-30 at 21:24. Reason: Typo
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 18:53   Link #331
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
There is no "obvious final girl" and the anime vertainly doesn't point to the fact at all, that's just your bias at work.
Actually I'm going on a variety of scenes that point to a developing interest and suggestion of a crush, including near the end the maid's accusing the hero of acting like a kid teasing his crush, and him blushing and stuttering as he denies it. I know it's not concrete, but there's a definite suggestion of one girl having a very good lead, enough that while it's not set or "concluded", it is within the realm of what I'd call "obvious". Anyone interested in a particular heroine will have some bias, and will also likely dismiss other arguments as biased, but I quite firmly believe that one girl is above the others. Looking at their interactions, she's the one he shows the most closeness to. From the very start she's been right next to him, and he's been more familiar and comfortable around her than anyone else. I'll look back through the series again I'm sure, but I don't recall with any of the other girls him being so entertained by nothing more than her feelings and behavior. With the others, there's sometimes a sexual desire, sometimes a sense of uncertainty or even fear, but not quite the same bond. When he's getting closer to one popular girl for example, the focus seems far more on how hot he thinks she is than on how much fun he has with her. He certainly shows some degree of closeness to each of them, but one has been in the lead from start to finish and I would not be at all surprised to find her win out in the end.

In all, I will go back and re-examine the show, but just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they're biased. And even if someone is biased that doesn't mean their arguments are invalid.
Old 2015-12-30, 18:58   Link #332
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Esdeath is evil against those that are against the empire, aka her job, she is nice to her subordinates and feels for those who died.
She is also a charismatic character in her own series.

Putting her next to Eri is a poor comparison.

Ume from Ben-to is a better choice.
Spoiler for Esdeath's evil:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-12-30 at 20:36.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 19:20   Link #333
BladeMancer

Quote:
How is Eri worse than the girl that rather wants to kill her lover than stop suporting her obviously corrupt government just so she can kill as much as she likes?
Eri is a master at psychological torture.
Spoiler for Comment from Somethindarker, read if you want:
This just solidifies my dislike of her, the author made her too irredeemable.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
Old 2015-12-30, 19:23   Link #334
BladeMancer

Quote:
Actually I'm going on a variety of scenes that point to a developing interest and suggestion of a crush, including near the end the maid's accusing the hero of acting like a kid teasing his crush, and him blushing and stuttering as he denies it. I know it's not concrete, but there's a definite suggestion of one girl having a very good lead, enough that while it's not set or "concluded", it is within the realm of what I'd call "obvious". Anyone interested in a particular heroine will have some bias, and will also likely dismiss other arguments as biased, but I quite firmly believe that one girl is above the others. Looking at their interactions, she's the one he shows the most closeness to. From the very start she's been right next to him, and he's been more familiar and comfortable around her than anyone else. I'll look back through the series again I'm sure, but I don't recall with any of the other girls him being so entertained by nothing more than her feelings and behavior. With the others, there's sometimes a sexual desire, sometimes a sense of uncertainty or even fear, but not quite the same bond. When he's getting closer to one popular girl for example, the focus seems far more on how hot he thinks she is than on how much fun he has with her. He certainly shows some degree of closeness to each of them, but one has been in the lead from start to finish and I would not be at all surprised to find her win out in the end.

In all, I will go back and re-examine the show, but just because someone disagrees with your opinion doesn't mean they're biased. And even if someone is biased that doesn't mean their arguments are invalid.
If the anime reached the rabbit no kimi arc, your assumptions would have overturned
Old 2015-12-30, 20:49   Link #335
Magewolf

Quote:
The difference is that Eri is a kind of vicious, petty, ugly evil that makes you sad to be a human being. Whereas Esdeath is an insane, bombastic, kill crazy kind of evil that makes you want her dead. Also Esdeath has redeeming qualities unlike Eri.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 21:29   Link #336
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

You know nothing Jon Snow.

Also Kimito blushing isn't even remotely close to how he really is in the true canon, that's just something added by the anime team for some ungodly reason along with scenes and dialouge that was completely changed (as many adaptions sadly due) you are getting a bit too carried away by some throwaway words that literally meant nothing, again it's just your own personal bias claiming that there is an "obvious end girl" that just so happens to be your favorite when there hasn't been any concrete proof especially when the anime finished at literally the first true arc of the series (which is the most boring and generic of all of them), I dare you to go post your comment in either the manga or LN threads and see how you are laughed out of them.
Old 2015-12-30, 21:31   Link #337
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
^
this ehehe

the anime didn't touch the bottom of stones of the girls

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-30, 22:15   Link #338
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:

Also Kimito blushing isn't even remotely close to how he really is in the true canon, that's just something added by the anime team for some ungodly reason along with scenes and dialouge that was completely changed (as many adaptions sadly due) you are getting a bit too carried away by some throwaway words that literally meant nothing, again it's just your own personal bias claiming that there is an "obvious end girl" that just so happens to be your favorite when there hasn't been any concrete proof especially when the anime finished at literally the first true arc of the series (which is the most boring and generic of all of them), I dare you to go post your comment in either the manga or LN threads and see how you are laughed out of them.
I cannot talk about the LN because I have not found anything that has more than the first 2 volumes. All I can say is what the anime has given, which BTW is what this thread is about. I do not know and would love to see the LN and find out how I'm wrong and where it's really going. But up through what we have in the anime section places Aika's relationship with Kimito on an entirely different level than the other girls. Dragging refutations introduced at later points in other forms of the story doesn't show that I'm unbiased, it just shows that you've decided to let your knowledge of the source's future color your own view of an adaptation of an admittedly small piece of said material. If you want to talk about what happens in the light novels, please place those comments in the light novel's thread. I'm not going to post ANYTHING in the LN thread since I haven't read it and know that judgments based on an anime have no place in a discussion of the source novel, even less than judgments based on unused future source material has in an anime discussion, but I'll freely declare what the anime says about the characters in the anime thread. Who knows, if hopefully they make a season 2, the anime may follow the LN faithfully enough and turn things away from Aika; I don't know how faithful any of the material's been, so I don't know how likely further fidelity may be.

Please keep some constraint about the LN material. Those of us that haven't had a chance to read said material don't want to be spoiled, and we also don't want to be called ignorant fools for making judgments based on what little we have; not to mention that while the anime is an adaptation it's still its own work of fiction. Judging from comments from what I assume are veteran readers, I'm quite sure at least one or two characters have certain major differences.
Old 2016-01-06, 08:57   Link #339
Pen3

Just a reminder for everyone that today is the BD release and that means...... the Miyuki special!
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 03:50   Link #340
jdennis007

I liked the show and would love for a second season of it.

We all know Karen is the one he faps to at night.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, shounen