I want kawamori/watanabe back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD2OWl7C80I
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 14:38   Link #22
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Kayano and Kaiji aren't the problem but the characters asigned to those 2.
That's true. Amata and Shu were bad characters. I like some of Kaji's performances in particular Issei and Erin.

And while I don't really care for Nobunaga the Fool, I found Hideyoshi to be a fun character.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:06   Link #23
Frontier

I wonder if Yoko Kanno will have enough time to possibly work on this, what with the announcement of her participation in Watanabe's new anime? It would be nice to see her work on Macross again .
Old 2014-03-26, 15:16   Link #24
pampz21
ShipCore

was sup my macross~
Been waiting for you since the frontier!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:30   Link #25
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I wonder if Yoko Kanno will have enough time to possibly work on this, what with the announcement of her participation in Watanabe's new anime? It would be nice to see her work on Macross again .
I wouldn't mind settling for either Kenji Kawai or Joe Hisaishi doing the scores. Actually, the latter is probably a long-shot, but what the hell.

Macross, dare to be dreamy!

- Tak (and do not mention Shadow Chronicles please)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2014-03-26 at 16:43.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 18:46   Link #26
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangler_fans1 View Post
I agree with you.

--------------------------------------------
My prayers have been answered. I need some new Macross' music.

OFF TOPIC:
And what is a shipping war?

Basically a love triangle, although I've never seen a shipping war originate from two males being interested in the female lead (maybe Avatar the Last Airbender but I watched the series after the fandom died down).

I've noticed that shipping wars have less to do with the actual relationships between characters and more to do with the personal favorite getting what they think they want or the one the fan dislikes not getting what she thinks she wants. Point in case, Alto was no prize, bit of a shallow jerk really, yet people shipped him with Ranka or Sheryl even if they could have done so much better (not from the established cast of male characters though).

I find it very strange that people want something that could only be a horrible experience to have happen to a character that they supposedly like. All because the character is interested in the experience.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:18   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who liked Evol and loved AKB0048, I'm all for an Okada written Macross.

Actually, as long as it isn't a Macross F sequel, I'm good. I'm really not a big fan of Nakajima's voice acting, or at least her "Ranka voice". To be fair though, I think she did great in that Problem Children show, but that's the exception as every other role she uses her Ranka voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Basically a love triangle, although I've never seen a shipping war originate from two males being interested in the female lead (maybe Avatar the Last Airbender but I watched the series after the fandom died down).
*cough*HarryPotter*cough* Long time crew of HMS Pumpkin Pie reporting for duty!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:20   Link #28
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Too bad Harmony Gold will never let this air in the US.
- Among other things that Harmony Gold won't allow. Still annoyed that I can't have anything looking like a Warhammer (Destroid Tomahawk) in anything Battletech-related thanks to them.

I'd like them to do something that's still true to Macross but really unique. I liked the Frontier TV series but there was a lot missing from it emotionally toward the end.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 23:50   Link #29
Darthtabby

This is exciting news, with the 30th Anniversary now past I wasn't expecting to see a new Macross series so soon. Of course after the success of Frontier this new Macross is going to have a tough act to follow. Hopefully Kawamori and co are up to the challenge. And hopefully Kawamori won't get really crazy like he does with some of his shows.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 00:25   Link #30
LightDragonman

Awww, Kawamori is at his best when he goes all out insane. XD

Actually, this MAL post best sums up his design strategies:

Shoji Kawamori's formula to make a good anime:
Step 1: Get your theme
Step 2: Add robots and sci-fi
Step 3: Introduce a token moe character
Step 4: Use ludicurous amounts of CGI
Step 5: Get a J-pop singer/group to do all the OP/ED/intermission songs
Step 6: Determine if everything aboves has potential for going on a serious or stupid route.
- If serious, make a grand space opera
- If stupid, make it even stupider and over the top

Optional toppings:
- introduce a green haired character and torture him/her throughout the series
- form love triangles that makes viewers rage
- add mind skewering twists
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 02:57   Link #31
magnuskn

While I am of course like "YAY, NEW MACROSS!", I am also a bit like "Yay, remake?". Sure, seeing the old series in modern CGI would be sweet from a visual standpoint. But from a dramatic standpoint, we already know what will happpen, so what's the point? And don't tell me "so that Kawamori can follow his life-long dream of making the romance ending inconclusive/have Minmei win".

I'm seriously hoping for something a bit more original than a retread. Not that I wouldn't watch it, but it seems like something Kawamori (someone known for doing innovative things) would not go for.
Old 2014-03-27, 04:54   Link #32
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Shame no real details yet, though it's likely to be a Frontier sequel ... but can't wait for more Macross.
That's the thing about Macross. With the exception of Macross II, most of them have a place in the saga chronology and have a nod in the newest incarnation. Remember that Macross Zero movie in Frontier?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:58   Link #33
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That's the thing about Macross. With the exception of Macross II, most of them have a place in the saga chronology and have a nod in the newest incarnation. Remember that Macross Zero movie in Frontier?
Come to think of it, I wonder if Macross II will get a nod too since it was a sequel to the DYRL movie and not the TV series? Then again, Mr. Kawamori doesn't give a damn about it.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 09:49   Link #34
Westlo
Lets be reality

No Okada please, I would rather have Yoshino back than her on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Come to think of it, I wonder if Macross II will get a nod too since it was a sequel to the DYRL movie and not the TV series? Then again, Mr. Kawamori doesn't give a damn about it.
Macross II might as well not even exist as far as the Macross franchise is concerned.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 09:53   Link #35
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The issue I think with trying to place each Macross series in a timeline is Kawamori's own stance on the franchise (which can be frustrating to some people) in that every entry that we've seen is not what actually happened, but supposedly a dramatization of the actual events, even the Frontier TV series. ^^;
Old 2014-03-27, 09:59   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
The issue I think with trying to place each Macross series in a timeline is Kawamori's own stance on the franchise (which can be frustrating to some people) in that every entry that we've seen is not what actually happened, but supposedly a dramatization of the actual events, even the Frontier TV series. ^^;
Yeah. I think that’s worse than actually making some clear-cut alternate universes (like Gundam franchise and others). Kawamori sure like to make this franchise unnecessarily confusing (creativity & style be damned).
Old 2014-03-27, 09:59   Link #37
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I can understand this stance. There is some parts that sounded like a good idea in the day, then years passes and you think otherwise.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:32   Link #38
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
With the exception of Macross II, most of them have a place in the saga chronology and have a nod in the newest incarnation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Macross II might as well not even exist as far as the Macross franchise is concerned.
Macross was pretty much given the finger in-series since Macross 7. There was a carnival episode in 7 where Macross II music was blatantly playing, as if they wanted the audience to really take note. Oh yeah, its kicked off canon, in a rather vicious way

When Macross PLUS was being advertised in Japan, they also emphasized on PLUS being part of the correct-chronology.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:47   Link #39
Gravitas Free Zone

Perhaps the pattern of scaling up and down will continue. SDF Macross, save humanity. Macross Plus, love triangle and Top Gun. Macross 7, save universe with THE POWER OF ROCK. Macross Zero, tropical vacation with thrust vectoring. Macross Frontier, save universe with THE POWER OF IDOL SINGERS. So the next thing should be the rough equivalent of a love triangle dinner and a movie?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:53   Link #40
John117xCortana

I want Sheryl, Alto and Ranka to appear in the new series! Please be a sequel. Hopefully explain the Megaroad-01's disappearance.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote