AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-29, 11:20   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka LN - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka [LN/M], Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16)) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-07-10 at 08:01.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 11:29   Link #2
LKK

The Inheritance arc thread is now open. Feel free to post your speculations for what might happen in this arc. However, please keep your speculations regarding possible events to those that have a real possibility of happening in the upcoming two volumes. (No "30 years from now ..." posts, for example. ) Speculations that go beyond the scope of these 2 books still belong in the Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume thread.

As volume 16 spoilers drift out, they should be posted here.

Volume 16 is expected to release in Japan on May 10, 2015. The poll will open some time after the novel's release.

Finally, remember that the Mahouka novel series has been licensed. As such, you can discuss the contents of the story. Limited summaries are permitted. But you cannot discuss or ask for where to illegally find or read the novels. Not in raw form. Not in translated form.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2015-04-01 at 13:39. Reason: removed references to volume 17 from the introductory posts
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 11:45   Link #3
Habernero

Really hope these volumes are as good as the title suggests.
Habernero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 12:34   Link #4
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Finally, remember that the Mahouka novel series has been licensed. As such, you can discuss the contents of the story. Limited summaries are permitted.
What qualifies as limited and what qualifies as exceeding limited? Are the summaries that True Alchemist posts considered limited?
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 12:58   Link #5
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
What qualifies as limited and what qualifies as exceeding limited? Are the summaries that True Alchemist posts considered limited?
The summaries True Alchemist turned out to be too much.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2015-03-29, 17:30   Link #6
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:
Even if this inside of a group?
Old 2015-03-29, 18:02   Link #7
tigerdave

Jeez, this sucks. God forbid we get summaries of a book that Yen Press won't make available for another 6 - 7 years.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:41   Link #8
Armando99

It's just something we all have to live with, I guess.

I don't know if there is any other licensee out there faster than Yen Press in publishing licensed novel. It makes me wonder though what their rationale is for waiting so long to re-publish the novels they did license, won't they be unpopular if they wait so long?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 18:43   Link #9
amtro
Distro

Just take it elsewhere then. It's not like animesuki generates any income, so even if we leave and this forum dies nothing will come of it.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 19:25   Link #10
nani895

Quote:
lol but u can see most activity either around his summary posts(attention grabber lines in his or other summaries) or when people try to explain stuff to newbies. And newbies come here for those summaries. I got here searching for summaries lol.
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 09:00   Link #11
LKK

It was the length of the True Alchemist's summaries that became the problem. Not their existence. As I said, limited summaries are allowed. The concern is that lengthy detailed summaries will become a substitute for buying the books.

Old 2015-03-30, 09:22   Link #12
ProxyAccount

Quote:
It was the length of the True Alchemist's summaries that became the problem. Not their existence. As I said, limited summaries are allowed. The concern is that lengthy detailed summaries will become a substitute for buying the books.
Who has this concern? There are websites dedicated to lengthy summaries and spoilers of new movies and they certainly haven't been shut down. Personally, I thought that True Alchemists were well under the limit in terms of both excerpt length and overall length--particularly since most of what was posted was not a translation, but a true summary.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 10:54   Link #13
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Who has this concern? There are websites dedicated to lengthy summaries and spoilers of new movies and they certainly haven't been shut down. Personally, I thought that True Alchemists were well under the limit in terms of both excerpt length and overall length--particularly since most of what was posted was not a translation, but a true summary.
My understanding is that the instructions came from the site owner and are based on general principle. As a side note, the no long, detailed summaries rule is already enforce in the Manga & Light Novels forum. I was wrong not to have enforced it earlier.

Now then, since we've drifted into off-topic land, any further discussion of overall forum rules belongs in the Forum & Site Feedback forum. Meanwhile, this thread needs to return to discussing the upcoming volume 16 and the start of the Yotsuba Inheritance Arc.

Old 2015-03-30, 11:43   Link #14
Abysmalheart

I wonder if the story will start before the siblings enter the party of it will start from the party.
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 11:59   Link #15
Trance3D2Y
Hypebeast

Spoiler for :

Is it confirmed that the new arc will be composed of 2 volumes? This is a really crucial and exciting arc, imo.

Pretty excited and I am expecting Mizuki to have a huge role on this one, cause yknow, she's been forgotten compared to other supporting chars.

Last edited by Trance3D2Y; 2015-03-30 at 12:37.
Trance3D2Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 12:13   Link #16
amtro
Distro

The preview says that they were attacked before arriving and the so-called big reveal comes on the first night of their visit, so I assume that it starts before the party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance3D2Y View Post
Spoiler for :

Is it confirmed that the new arc will be composed of 2 volumes? This is a really crucial and exciting arc, imo.

Pretty excited and I am expecting Mizuki to have a huge role on this one, cause yknow, she's been forgotten compared to other supporting chars.
No. That was a rumor I put out after skimming through the LN when raws first appeared. It somehow found its way here and people keep on parroting it, for some reason.
If you're still not convinced see here:

Quote:
魔法科高校の劣等生(16) 四葉継承編

魔法科高校の劣等生(15) 古都内乱編<下>

魔法科高校の劣等生(14) 古都内乱編<上>
Vol 15 and 14 each had a suffix after the title of the arc . <上> Ue (upper) and shita <下> (lower). The Visitors arc had the same naming scheme with a slight difference, the addition of <中> naka for the middle volume. Vol 16 has no such addition to the title, so no it'll be a single volume arc.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-03-30 at 13:07.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 17:49   Link #17
Iramohs

Quote:
I'm not gonna buy the books for 7 years anyways(if they even decide to publish them for that long). Seems like arbitrary bullshit to me.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-31, 02:55   Link #18
whitecloud

ITS kinda diri ulu problem for yen press...really, im not kidding. Theo are the tipe That buy license, get out translations That just "okay" with some term outright "changed"...example compare translation of to aru with the official one..., if it's not profitable it will be put on "hiatus" but by the time fan translation will have died out by all kind of DMCA even though they are not translating anymore....
Old 2015-04-01, 03:48   Link #19
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The preview says that they were attacked before arriving and the so-called big reveal comes on the first night of their visit, so I assume that it starts before the party.

No. That was a rumor I put out after skimming through the LN when raws first appeared. It somehow found its way here and people keep on parroting it, for some reason.
If you're still not convinced see here:

Vol 15 and 14 each had a suffix after the title of the arc . <上> Ue (upper) and shita <下> (lower). The Visitors arc had the same naming scheme with a slight difference, the addition of <中> naka for the middle volume. Vol 16 has no such addition to the title, so no it'll be a single volume arc.
Based on the preview, we can speculate;
1. Getting invitation letter
2. Miyuki having dilemma
3. (Possible school scene before the winter break)
4. Getting attacked on the way to Yotsuba's Main House
5. Maya telling Tatsuya about sibling's true relationship
6. Spring Celebration Meeting
I am hoping to see the design of Tatsuya's new CAD for Baryon Lance on the illustration.

For this Arc, I think, we only have one volume.
The confusion may have started because of the last page at vol. 15.
At the very last page of vol. 15, it shows the list of books that the author, Satou Tsutomu has been writing. After the Mahouka 1~15, there are two more books: DOWL Master 1 ~2. Many of us got confused between DOWL Master with Yotsuba Inheritance Arc.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-01, 05:32   Link #20
Echizen777

So there'll be only one volume?

Volume 8 was a turning point for Miyuki's character and her past, volume 16 will be very important for her character and her future, both one volume, it must be intentional.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy