AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-26, 22:08   Link #281
ArrowSmith

2nd season in October!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 23:33   Link #282
Requiem-x
The slacking one

A fun adventure from beginning to end, and I must emphasize the word "adventure", because this series gives me that feeling more than any other anime I've watched in recent years (of course I haven't watched everything, not even close, but I do have a good feeling I'm on to something here). Action, comedy, exotic culture, multiple colorful characters both on the good and bad side, the feeling something might always be about to happen, all mixed together in one entertaining story. It might not be a breathtaking experience (so-so presentation is about its biggest weakness, and I'm not just talking about the CG animals), but its easily one of the most complete anime I've watched recently, if that makes sense. Glad the ride isn't over yet.

Of course, I also must join the voices on Asirpa being best girl. She's fantastic and deserves all the love.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 01:25   Link #283
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^What best girl? There's no other girl
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 11:24   Link #284
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^What best girl? There's no other girl
Best girl out of all the other anime this season.
Old 2018-06-30, 12:26   Link #285
Applehell

Heh, they didn't even try to play any kind of big seasonal finish here. The episodes ended like any other episode up to this point which is okay since this a split core. However I think at this point the journey in Golden Kamuy has overtaken destination as far what keeping me here. I mean the stuff with gold and conspiracy is still interesting, but it's the moment to moment events that really sell this show.

Looking forward to returning in the Fall.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 12:39   Link #286
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Best girl out of all the other anime this season.
Pretty much this, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Heh, they didn't even try to play any kind of big seasonal finish here. The episodes ended like any other episode up to this point which is okay since this a split core. However I think at this point the journey in Golden Kamuy has overtaken destination as far what keeping me here. I mean the stuff with gold and conspiracy is still interesting, but it's the moment to moment events that really sell this show.

Looking forward to returning in the Fall.
Like in most adventures, the journey is what matters the most.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 12:46   Link #287
Applehell

I mean it goes for most stories, but with the way Golden Kamuy is driven so much more by it's characters than it's narrative it really sticks out here. The cast dynamics and misadventures just over shadow overarching such a manner you don't all that much Sugimoto and Asirpa have made little headway on their quest.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 01:29   Link #288
LG-MAX 2.o

So, now that BD has come out in Japan, does anyone know if it's true whether quality has really increased?

On another point, BD + DVD sold almost 4,000 copies, before anyone asks if it was good or bad, for animes that spend the night, the minimum requirement is to sell 3,000 copies to be considered profitable.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 08:52   Link #289
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Golden Kamuy ranked fourth in manga sales for the month of June according to Oricon. It was 34th in total sales for the twelve-months ending November, 2017.

That might well matter as much to Shûeisha, or more, than sales of the BD. Winning the Tezuka Prize might have had something to do with this, but I suspect the anime played a larger role.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 15:19   Link #290
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Golden Kamuy ranked fourth in manga sales for the month of June according to Oricon. It was 34th in total sales for the twelve-months ending November, 2017.

That might well matter as much to Shûeisha, or more, than sales of the BD. Winning the Tezuka Prize might have had something to do with this, but I suspect the anime played a larger role.
BD sales only matter to the studio, of course since the anime is done by a production committee system, the studio has already been paid in advance, but extra money is always welcome and this can help the studio of several ways.
Old 2018-08-05, 16:29   Link #291
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well I'm sure if the anime was a hit, and the publisher and studio had a good working relationship, it might mean future collaborations.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 18:14   Link #292
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well I'm sure if the anime was a hit, and the publisher and studio had a good working relationship, it might mean future collaborations.
According to twitter, the series was a success in promoting culinary events and other goods around the country.

Maybe there will be more animation material in the future.
Old 2018-08-05, 18:54   Link #293
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
According to twitter, the series was a success in promoting culinary events and other goods around the country.

Maybe there will be more animation material in the future.
Well, we already have a confirmation for an OVA and a 2nd season. Though the second may have been decided in advance.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 12:14   Link #294
Toukairin
Banned

Season 2 trailer is here!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 14:50   Link #295
Dop
Mmmm....

One of the shows I'm looking forward to the most in the new season.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 18:28   Link #296
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
One of the shows I'm looking forward to the most in the new season.
Me too, but that's probably the shortest list for any season since I've been following anime.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-21, 19:09   Link #297
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's one of the shows I'm looking forward to the most as well, and my list is long.
Old 2018-09-26, 17:23   Link #298
LG-MAX 2.o

Golden Kamuy volume 15 with OAD Bundled Edition sold 25,649 copies, equivalent to almost 26,000 DVD copies sold, very good:
Old 2018-10-08, 14:44   Link #299
zeando
maybenotimome

Season 2 is back with some new weird character, this episode gave a whole new meaning to the word skinship.

The pace seems to be as fast as before, maybe a bit too fast, it was almost hard to follow while knowing the story beforehand, no idea how it should look for anime-only watchers.
At least there is no risk of having an episode with nothing happening..

Also, Nihei's will lives on.

Looking at the possible number of chapters and volumes adapted here: in the first season they adapted 7 volumes for around 70 chapters in 12 episodes.
If they keep the same pace, they should be able to end this season at volume 14, chapter 139. Which story wise it's a good point where to end this.

Last edited by zeando; 2018-10-08 at 14:56.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 16:43   Link #300
Dop
Mmmm....

Well after the pastoral opener the episode went kind of grotesque, with a character very much like Norman Bates with a touch of Leatherface, before the whole thing went over the top with a bunch of wacky/creepy 'costumes'.

Ah Golden Kamuy, how I've missed you.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, ainu, citatap, cooking, glorious bear cgi, historical, hokkaido tourism