AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-08-04, 06:41   Link #21
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I dislike Asuka with passion but I'm definitely intrigued by the Mizore/Nozomi and Kumiko movies.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 21:36   Link #22
deadite

For anyone interested
Spoiler for New Novel:
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 23:23   Link #23
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
For anyone interested
Spoiler for New Novel:
Thanks God! Kumiko is not shown wearing any hear pin. Someone in MAL mentioned that KyoAni is interested in going to a definite romance route like the novel so seeing the novel cover was a bit reassuring that the novel itself won't focus on romance.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this! The girl on the left must be a first year!
Old 2017-08-13, 00:55   Link #24
deadite

Yen Press translation of the first Novel is out already since June. I wonder if they'll translate the rest of the franchise?

Imagine if the new girl is Asuka's half sister..
Old 2017-08-13, 12:48   Link #25
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Yen Press translation of the first Novel is out already since June. I wonder if they'll translate the rest of the franchise?

Imagine if the new girl is Asuka's half sister..
First of all, that would make the world way too small. I will be surprised IF Asuka's half sister (if she exists i.e.) appearing in a competition, let alone in Kitauji as Kumiko's kouhai. I would rather not.

Secondly, and more importantly, given the fact that Asuka's father was still around when she was 5 yrs old, chances of her half sister being 3 years younger than her (i.e. 1 year younger than Kumiko) is close to nil, unless of course he either had a second wife OR a mistress.
Old 2017-08-14, 10:43   Link #26
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Thanks God! Kumiko is not shown wearing any hear pin. Someone in MAL mentioned that KyoAni is interested in going to a definite romance route like the novel so seeing the novel cover was a bit reassuring that the novel itself won't focus on romance.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this! The girl on the left must be a first year!
The story is never focus on the romance. Kumiko's love is just one of many plot points. We should expect Kumiko x Shoe anyway.

What surprised me the most about this cover is that Natsuki's appearance in novel is now the same as in the anime version.
Old 2017-08-29, 08:53   Link #27
deadite

Spoiler:
Old 2017-08-29, 14:12   Link #28
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
The story is never focus on the romance. Kumiko's love is just one of many plot points. We should expect Kumiko x Shoe anyway.

What surprised me the most about this cover is that Natsuki's appearance in novel is now the same as in the anime version.
I wasn't aware that Natsuki had a different design, then again, I'm not all that familiar with the novels.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 16:43   Link #29
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

New characters are introduced in the story! Five girls and one boy (all first years)!

Hisaishi Kanade (Euphonium) - Clingy type, soft and fluffy, loves gathering information, love taking selfies and loves her senpai (Kumiko!)
Suzuki Mirei (Tuba) - Tall, tomboyish, and serious type, loves seinen manga and going to karaoke, hates herself
Suzuki Satsuki (Tuba) - Jolly and energetic type, loves dogs and loves looking up interesting things, hates cup ramen and loves her mom's curry rice
Kohinata Yume (Trumpet) - Reserved and shy type, loves writing poems, has weakness towards cute stationary items and cherishes her trumpet
Kenzaki Ririka (Oboe) - Loves to tease others and good at making friends, however, secretive when it comes to matters concerning herself
Tsukinaga Motomu (Contrabass) - Serious type, hates being called cute (since he is a boy), fond of his elder sister, hates his grandfather, keen about astronomy and celestial observation

Watch out for Kanade!
Old 2017-08-31, 00:49   Link #30
Kazu-kun

All of them sound so uninteresting. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 2017-08-31, 17:02   Link #31
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
New characters are introduced in the story! Five girls and one boy (all first years)!

Hisaishi Kanade (Euphonium) - Clingy type, soft and fluffy, loves gathering information, love taking selfies and loves her senpai (Kumiko!)
Suzuki Mirei (Tuba) - Tall, tomboyish, and serious type, loves seinen manga and going to karaoke, hates herself
Suzuki Satsuki (Tuba) - Jolly and energetic type, loves dogs and loves looking up interesting things, hates cup ramen and loves her mom's curry rice
Kohinata Yume (Trumpet) - Reserved and shy type, loves writing poems, has weakness towards cute stationary items and cherishes her trumpet
Kenzaki Ririka (Oboe) - Loves to tease others and good at making friends, however, secretive when it comes to matters concerning herself
Tsukinaga Motomu (Contrabass) - Serious type, hates being called cute (since he is a boy), fond of his elder sister, hates his grandfather, keen about astronomy and celestial observation

Watch out for Kanade!
Looks like Midori now has a boy toy.
5 Tubas in the bass section, really?
New tomboy girl is as tall as Asuka
New Oboe girl is the complete polar opposite of our current Oboe, I hope to see them interact.
Old 2017-08-31, 18:56   Link #32
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Looks like Midori now has a boy toy.
And he is shorter than Hazuki. I won't be surprised if his admiration for his elder sister is the polite way of saying he has a sister complex! Btw, he is the youngest of the lot.
Quote:
5 Tubas in the bass section, really?
New Tubas also mean Hazuki will have to up her game. Otherwise she will find herself in the similar situation as Natsuki-senpai.
Quote:
New tomboy girl is as tall as Asuka
And with the complete opposite character as well.
Quote:
New Oboe girl is the complete polar opposite of our current Oboe, I hope to see them interact.
New trumpet girl is completely different from both Reina and Kaori-senpai as well. I am interested in her character because she dislikes standing out.

Spoiler for Year group ages (oldest to youngest):
Old 2017-08-31, 20:57   Link #33
Marina2

Is there the spoiler for the newest novel floating on somewhere? I'm totally interest in the piece they choose for competition and the audition result in this new year. (if someone know please PM me about it)
Old 2017-09-08, 06:26   Link #34
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Titled:『劇場版 響け!ユーフォニアム~届けたいメロディ~』WEB予告
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 01:57   Link #35
deadite

I wonder if the movie will show the Nationals Performance?
Old 2017-09-09, 14:12   Link #36
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Here is a beautiful Eupho Girls pic released as part of Sep 30 Theatre Release.

Old 2017-09-09, 19:51   Link #37
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lovin the asuka art
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 21:59   Link #38
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
[img]Asuka and Kaori[/img]
lovin the asuka art
She's frequently depicted in nice company, isn't she? I wonder what kind of impression "they" were going for with that particular image of Asuka and Kaori? 響け! ユーフォニアム Retweeted: アニメディア10月号 ...

Side note(s): I've just posted another excerpt from the preview pages of the first novel in the novel thread. Separate medium(s) and there are spoilers about the novels in that thread but I've seen posters express an interest in the novels who may not be aware of that thread, yet. Spartan 119, for example, might be interested.

Ishihara is directing "Todoketai Melody" (the film to be released Sept. 30), right? He also did Asuka's first introduction to Kumiko in the adaptation, season one of the TV series, didn't he?

Edit - Update about Japanese novels appended, Sept. 22, to comment posted in novels thread.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-09-22 at 21:00.
Old 2017-09-09, 23:00   Link #39
Marina2

Quote:
I wonder if the movie will show the Nationals Performance?
I doubt they will show two same performance in one film but we can hope right?
Old 2017-09-09, 23:32   Link #40
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I doubt they will show two same performance in one film but we can hope right?
It would be nice if they had the budget to animate the performance(s) more than once - and can then project them as though seen from the perspective of each performing band member who appears to be the -primary- focus of each particular film, within the ensemble.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-09-10 at 02:16.

Tags
hibike euphonium, movie, music