AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2021-06-20, 12:01   Link #401
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sumire is indeed pretty stupid. On the other hand, so is Amado for openly discussing his plans in front of her. If Sumire had played it smart and reported to Shikamaru, they would have placed him under arrest. But I guess he's the kind of guy who has a plan for everything so it wouldn't have even mattered.
Old 2021-06-20, 15:56   Link #402
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sumire is indeed pretty stupid. On the other hand, so is Amado for openly discussing his plans in front of her. If Sumire had played it smart and reported to Shikamaru, they would have placed him under arrest. But I guess he's the kind of guy who has a plan for everything so it wouldn't have even mattered.
She's not the only one who can report it to Shikamaru. And even if Shikamaru knows, so what? He's not forcing anyone, and he can make the argument that it's what's best.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 18:01   Link #403
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's not the only one who can report it to Shikamaru. And even if Shikamaru knows, so what? He's not forcing anyone, and he can make the argument that it's what's best.
Although this hasn't been shown in Boruto so far, Shikamaru is supposed to be a genius, he could infer Amado's ulterior motives based on Sumire's observations alone. Not to mention he hates Amado's guts, wanting to implant another Karma into Kawaki is enough reason to get rid of him.
Old 2021-06-21, 13:46   Link #404
TURI123456

Only I feel like this series missing something... I mean hypothetically this series has everything that it needed to be successful series but instead it feels more and more like something is missing here.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 21:29   Link #405
Wandering Soul

And here I though Sumire was supposed to be one of the top students at the academy.
Old 2021-07-20, 22:48   Link #406
Wandering Soul

New chapter out.

The Kawaki stuff was nice. Seeing him in the position Naruto and Sasuke were in the at the beginning of the series only to gave Naruto claim him as a son was good stuff.

A part of me hopes Amado is telling the truth about his intentions, but regardless something is probably going to wrong with his new project.

Now that we've seen it in full color, Daemon's design looks awful
Old 2021-07-21, 07:17   Link #407
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Now that we've seen it in full color, Daemon's design looks awful
I think this has more to do with Ikemoto's color pages looking like shit. He uses super flashy colors, but unlike someone like Araki, he can't make it work.

Incidentally, I don't get why Boruto gets so many color pages while Dragon Ball Super almost never gets any.

I used to complain about the pace being slow, but I think it's gotten worse since Kishimoto took over.
Old 2021-08-18, 20:55   Link #408
Wandering Soul

New chapter out.

Basically a recap of how the village's chakra network functions. Kawaki is quick to take advantage of the fact that he can erase his chakra signature and seems like he is up to something. Maybe he's trying to draw out Code or it has something to do with whatever Amado is up to.
Old 2021-11-19, 18:01   Link #409
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We still have to see how he fares in a fight, but Naruto seems to have been nerfed pretty hard. I thought he could keep Sage Mode going for as long as he wanted now, or at least enter it instantly, but the need for clones to stay behind like in the Pain arc indicates he can't.
Old 2021-11-19, 18:25   Link #410
Galaxian

Quote:
We still have to see how he fares in a fight, but Naruto seems to have been nerfed pretty hard. I thought he could keep Sage Mode going for as long as he wanted now, or at least enter it instantly, but the need for clones to stay behind like in the Pain arc indicates he can't.
Sage mode was originally meant to be difficult to activate. Naruto was suppose to summon Fukasaku to help him gather the sage chakra, just like how Jiraiya did it, but couldn't because Kurama got in the way, so he came up with the shadow clone work around.

Kishimoto simply forgot about that during the War arc when Minato could enter, a seemingly perfect, Sage Mode after only a few seconds of othering sage chakra.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 19:17   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Sage mode was originally meant to be difficult to activate. Naruto was suppose to summon Fukasaku to help him gather the sage chakra, just like how Jiraiya did it, but couldn't because Kurama got in the way, so he came up with the shadow clone work around.

Kishimoto simply forgot about that during the War arc when Minato could enter, a seemingly perfect, Sage Mode after only a few seconds of othering sage chakra.
Since you mention Fukasaku, why doesn't Naruto summon him and his wife? Not only would it help him maintain Sage Mode, they were also pretty strong in their own right, with their genjutsu being OP. Ninjutsu has been rendered useless in this series by Karma, but genjutsu should work just fine. I suppose it's possible they died of old age between the series.

During the Danzo arc, Naruto was working on gathering nature energy faster to make Sage Mode more viable. I guess that never went anywhere.
Old 2021-11-20, 20:47   Link #412
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Wasn't he explanation for Minato was that someone in harmony with their tailed beast could gather the senjutsu quickly and just have their tailed beast continue gathering the energy for them while they fought.
Old 2021-11-20, 21:02   Link #413
GDB

Quote:
During the Danzo arc, Naruto was working on gathering nature energy faster to make Sage Mode more viable. I guess that never went anywhere.
To be fair, you try not doing something for 10-20 years after only practicing it for a short time beforehand and see if you can still do it just as well or better than before.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-20, 23:02   Link #414
Galaxian

Quote:
Wasn't he explanation for Minato was that someone in harmony with their tailed beast could gather the senjutsu quickly and just have their tailed beast continue gathering the energy for them while they fought.
While Naruto and Kurama did that during the fight with Sasuke it was never shown with Minato and his half of the fox, and even if they did, rate in which the Sage chakra was gathered was still ridiculously quick. In fact, during the scene, Minato says he's not that good at using Sage Mode then proceeds to show that he is far better than Jiraiya and actually better than pre-Six Path Naruto.
Old 2021-11-21, 08:35   Link #415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I don't think he was initially even supposed to be able to use Sage Mode since when Naruto first used it he went "wow, Naruto has mastered the same jutsu as master Jiraiya". And wasn't Minato's half of Kurama already stolen by Black Zetsu when he used Sage Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, you try not doing something for 10-20 years after only practicing it for a short time beforehand and see if you can still do it just as well or better than before.
Yeah, but it goes to show that Kurama was carrying him hard. While it could be assumed, I don't think it was ever stated Kurama was constantly gathering nature energy for Naruto. In fact, in his fight against Sasuke he had to leave a clone behind so Kurama could supply him with all the nature energy around him.

I personally thought Six Paths Sage Mode allowed him to gather energy while moving and/or store higher amounts. Of course, he lost that, so...
Old 2021-12-20, 18:10   Link #416
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Turns out Amado already implanted a new karma into Kawaki off screen. I don't think Kawaki knew about it, otherwise he wouldn't have acted as stupidly as he has over the past few chapters.

It's still super weird to see everyone thinking of Momoshiki as a major threat given how relatively easily he was defeated the first time around. He was fodder compared to Kaguya and Isshiki.
Old 2021-12-21, 12:33   Link #417
Galaxian

Boruto hasn't won a serious fight in the manga since Momoshiki. He was saved by Sarada and Mitsuki against Shojoji, the victory against Ao was a group effort, he was bailed out by Momoshiki against Boro, Isshiki was stopped by Kawaki, and now against Code Momo bails him out again.

The only victory Boruto has had in that time has been a sparing match against a nerfed Kawaki who lost because he had forgotten that he couldn't use Karma back then.
Old 2021-12-21, 20:49   Link #418
Wandering Soul

This series isn't really kind to the previous cast, but dang. Shikamaru really showed up just to be taken, hostage. Maybe he frees himself somehow, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2021-12-21, 21:56   Link #419
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
This series isn't really kind to the previous cast, but dang. Shikamaru really showed up just to be taken, hostage. Maybe he frees himself somehow, but I'm not holding my breath.
Understatement of the 10 centuries. These guys will make you realize one way or another that this is Boruto's and his generation's series now, one way or another.
Old 2021-12-22, 08:49   Link #420
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Boruto hasn't won a serious fight in the manga since Momoshiki. He was saved by Sarada and Mitsuki against Shojoji, the victory against Ao was a group effort, he was bailed out by Momoshiki against Boro, Isshiki was stopped by Kawaki, and now against Code Momo bails him out again.

The only victory Boruto has had in that time has been a sparing match against a nerfed Kawaki who lost because he had forgotten that he couldn't use Karma back then.
He only won against Momoshiki being he received massive help from his dad too.

It's not so much a matter of the manga favoring the new generation in favor of the old one, but the power creep being ridiculous. The only ones who can fight the enemies are Naruto, Sasuke, Boruto and Kawaki. And Naruto and Sasuke have now been gimped to make way for the other two.

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion