AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-04, 16:47   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 451 discussion (spoilers)

Checked spoilers again. Looks like Oda was smoking his special crack once again for this chapter. Here's what I found out:

-Absolom addresses the general zombies. The drunk zombie's name is Captain John (Buggy's crew mentions him back during the Jaya arc), and Lola, a female warthog-type zombie, tries to trick Absalom into marrying her. Absalom tells her that he intends to marry Nami, which gets Lola jealous. She sets off to kill Nami, and Absolom follows, trying to stop her....

-Perona tells Kumacy (the bear doll zombie thing) that the "Risky Brothers" are bringing the coffin with Team Usopp trapped inside to her area. She informs him to take the coffins to Moria's dance hall when they arrive.

-Meanwhile, the aforementioned brothers (who are squirrel-type zombies, and apparently rhyme when they talk,) are carrying the coffin, but they drop it and Chopper comes out. They try to attack him, but he strikes back and wakes up Usopp and Nami. The squirrels run off to get backup, while the three observe their surroundings. They notice that a huge building is behind Hogback's mansion, and figure that they were going to be transported there to be made into zombies. Then they encounter three penguin zombies, one of which has a dog head (as seen in the spoiler pics) and the dog-headed penguin says that he's new. They say that they're at "Perona's strange garden", and are about to attack, but the new guy saves them. He says he doesn't know who Nami is, but refuses to kick her, then says that he'll fight the "kuso zombies" (sound familiar...?).

-Finally, Luffy notices that Zoro has disappeared, as well....

And that's it! Strange, but interesting chapter, to say the least. I'm guessing that Sanji's shadow was stolen and used for the penguin, hence him having his personality (which further confirms Ryuuma having Brooke's shadow). The Absalom scene sounds really funny, too. I love the fact that Oda used yet another seemingly obscure reference from Jaya for Captain Jon. Absamol says he had a notorious reputation, so he should be quite an interesting villain. And what with Zoro's disappearance, it's likely that he'll have his shadow stolen and be zombified. Heh, it'll be hilarious if he fights Ryuuma as a platypus or something....
Old 2007-04-04, 16:56   Link #2
NightShadow

Aha, there's a much better worded version of spoilers

Mind if I post the pics here?
Old 2007-04-04, 16:57   Link #3
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
Aha, there's a much better worded version of spoilers

Mind if I post the pics here?
if u have a picture than go ahead XD

I guess Zoro unlike Sanji could just lost his way, without any special ocasion XD
Old 2007-04-04, 18:01   Link #4
NightShadow

Ok, here goes:
1. Lola tricking Absalom into signing the "marriage proof document". Poor guy.

2. The big word on this one means "MARRY". Hurts my eyes.

3. I have to say the animal zombies are kind of cute.

Old 2007-04-04, 19:30   Link #5
Master Mold
Banned

Wow, and here I thought the story was going to progress.....
Old 2007-04-04, 19:32   Link #6
NightShadow

Sanji's shadow got stolen = progress
Old 2007-04-05, 00:15   Link #7
Master Mold
Banned

Is it canon that Sanji's shadow got stolen? or speculation? LOL

but your right about the progress.

IMO things just seem to be progressing rather slow.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2007-04-05 at 00:29.
Old 2007-04-05, 09:11   Link #8
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
it will take a year to finish the arc, so it will be slow...

absolom is a stinkin animal perv. i saw in one translation that he said human girls can have babies... damn, wth is in this guy's dirty mind? if he wants kids, go find a female lion.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:16   Link #9
NightShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
it will take a year to finish the arc, so it will be slow...

absolom is a stinkin animal perv. i saw in one translation that he said human girls can have babies... damn, wth is in this guy's dirty mind? if he wants kids, go find a female lion.
it doesn't bother me that much... he's a human mind put into an animal's (dead) body. If you were to wake up one day and find yourself to be a dog, would you go and mate with other dogs?

How long did the water 7 arc last? Although this arc seems to be the prologue of something grander, I'd say it would still take 1 year to finish. You need some patience Jinbei.
Old 2007-04-05, 12:46   Link #10
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
How long did the water 7 arc last? Although this arc seems to be the prologue of something grander, I'd say it would still take 1 year to finish. You need some patience Jinbei.
Roughly about 2 years... i think it was a little over 100 chapters long...
1 Year sounds like a decent estimation... Unlike water 7, the villains are getting introduced nice and early and there also isn't nearly as much drama to go through, such as the sadness over Merry ... water 7 had a lot of build up to get to the main fights... this arc doesn't look like there won't be as much build up

However we do have an quite a few enemies... Aside from Hogback, Moria and the other 2, we also have the samurai and the other zombie generals. It will probably take awhile for each fight... Especially when it comes to Moria, who will take a lot of time to beat just like every other major villain... So ya, right now, 1 year sounds about right
Old 2007-04-05, 19:26   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Absalom told Lola that he himself was a human, so that face of his is either the result of a DF or another of Hogback's wierd experiments....

And despite the fact that so many characters were introduced in this storyline, I still think that this will be a mini-arc. Sure, the main villain was revealed to be a Shichibukai, but I think Oda introduced guys like Moria and Ryuuma to give the Straw-Hats a taste of the type of higher-tier opponents that they will face when they make it to the New World (they're close to it, after all). I'd say that the arc could end in possibly another 20-30 chapters before everyone gets their shadows back, Brooke officially joins, and the crew is on their merry way to the Merman Island!
Old 2007-04-06, 01:37   Link #12
Master Mold
Banned

Well I think this is going to be a big arc instead of a mini-arc. Reason why its a Shichibukai Luffy is going to face, a world power member. Moria has an arm of zombies that fear him, and the worlds biggest pirate ship. Ryuuma is a swordsman from the New World that will give Zoro a challenge, and there plenty to fight for all the SH crew. this arc is also full of mystery. Last but not least Oda will come up with alot of fighting styles not just for Moria and Ryuuma but for all the heavy hiters on Moria's crew.

and I don't think Brook will Join, I think he will die.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2007-04-06 at 02:46.
Old 2007-04-06, 18:26   Link #13
chitgoks

i dont think sanji's shadow was stolen. it wasnt even mentioned. he probably disappeared to search for nami and the others. just as he disappeared during the buster call, he was up to something
Old 2007-04-06, 18:47   Link #14
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
i dont think sanji's shadow was stolen. it wasnt even mentioned. he probably disappeared to search for nami and the others. just as he disappeared during the buster call, he was up to something

Considering that the penguin-dog said that he refused to "kick" a lady, called the zombies "shitty zombies", and even has his left eye closed, I'd definitely say that he has Sanji's shadow. How it got stolen so soon, we don't know. Maybe Moria (or whoever)'s shadow-stealing powers cover the whole island/ship. But all I know is, there's potential for much zaniness if the entire crew ends up getting their shadows stolen and put in freaky zombie animals...

Oh, and it turns out that Perona's garden was called "Wonder Garden" after all. I love the designs of all those zombie animals. I'm still hoping that Zoro's shadow gets put in a platypus hybrid. Heh, maybe Nami's shadow could get Lola (that is, if Lola is indeed a shadowless zombie bride). Also, notice how Absalom dodged and blocked Lola's advances like that? I think that this is further proof that he's the chief martial artist of Moria's crew (thus meaning he'll fight Sanji after all). I wonder if Sanji and his zombie will team up on ol' Abs....
Old 2007-04-06, 19:39   Link #15
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Your theory would imply that Brooke's shadow is in the Samurai Zombie, since they have the same personality traits (lecher, weird laugh).
Old 2007-04-06, 20:35   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Your theory would imply that Brooke's shadow is in the Samurai Zombie, since they have the same personality traits (lecher, weird laugh).
Ya i think that's where he's going with it...
From what it seems, the zombies have their own abilities that they had in life but are given the stolen shadows... The zombies then aquire some of the personality traits of the person's shadow... Why they are given that shadow is unclear... however, since the penguin dog said he was the new member, it could be that those zombies need the shadows to come to life or something.

Because of what he was in life the penguin dog doesn't know who nami is, but because he has sanji's shadow, he has aquired Sanji's chivilarious(though partially leecherous) nature, some of his atittude and his kicking style of fighting (though it's odd that a kick style fighter would be put into the body of one who has extremly tiny legs)... The samurai on the other hand has his swordsman skills from back when he was alive, but has brooke's personality
Old 2007-04-07, 15:40   Link #17
NightShadow

I agree with Slayerx here completely, the shadow is obviously the "soul" of these zombies - the bodies of which are merely fleshy abominations.
However the zombies do seem to retain some of their own former personalities as well as identities. The captain Jon probably know who he was before he died, yet has come to succumb to the personality of the shadow that was given to him.

These are all my speculations... omg i can't wait for 452
Old 2007-04-08, 01:25   Link #18
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This chapter had no success in progression; therefore it was lame. Hopefully, Oda gets things moving next chapter.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2007-04-08 at 01:40.
Old 2007-04-08, 01:30   Link #19
onepiecelover

I dont mind, he can take as much time as he wants but I want a good build up
Old 2007-04-08, 10:37   Link #20
ShikaShika
無罪

Just face it, One Piece isn't one of the fastest mangas out there in terms of plot development, but certainly one of the most entertaining.
Closed Thread