AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 17 22.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 33.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-11, 21:28   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 15 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-07-11, 23:58   Link #2
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Finally getting the new OP and ED, right?
Old 2009-07-12, 03:11   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
Finally getting the new OP and ED, right?
Yep. Should air this week.
Old 2009-07-12, 03:13   Link #4
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

still watching the broadcast, but I just have to say the new OP is freaking sweet.

That is all.
Old 2009-07-12, 03:15   Link #5
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Urk, I missed the OP. T_T Oh well.
Old 2009-07-12, 03:39   Link #6
shiroandfubuki

As far as quick first impressions of the new OP and ED go... I liked the OP quite a bit. They did this monochromatic effect thing at the beginning, too, that was really cool.

The ED was a bit "standard," to use others' words, but not bad. The letterbox widescreen that they used for it made it stand out a bit more to me than it would have otherwise, which is a good thing, of course.

In other words, I still like Again and USO better, but Hologram and Let it Out are by no means horrible. (Though Hologram>Let it Out, IMO.)

Last edited by shiroandfubuki; 2009-07-12 at 04:40.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:11   Link #7
Omniscient

This was a pretty good episode. New OP and ED sequences always make the episodes themselves seem better, but I also liked seeing the new characters, and Miyano Mamoru did a nice job as Ling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestep View Post
Urk, I missed the OP. T_T Oh well.
Luckily, I've uploaded both the OP and ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroandfubuki View Post
In other words, I still like Again and USO better, but Hologram and Let it Out are by no means horrible. (Though Hologram>Let it Out, IMO.)
I thought Hologram was about as good as Again and LET IT OUT was much better than Uso. For whatever reason, I liked Uso less the more I heard it.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:26   Link #8
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Nakamura is in the animation credits for the OP. <3 <3 <3 <3
Old 2009-07-12, 05:26   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not a bad episode really. Let's see:

-The new introduction for May was done well enough, plus there's a demonstration of her alchemy (as well as in the new OP), so it works out fine. They kept in her image of Ed, so i'm happy.

-Barry's scene made me laugh quite a bit, as it did in the manga. I can't tell if they missed out a few of my favorite lines, so i'll have to check back with that in the subs. Riza with her hair down shall always be a wonderful sight.

-I'm not that happy with Miyano Mamoru voicing Ling. Sure he did a good job, though it's not the voice i've always had in my head when i picture Ling, or read the manga. It doesn't help that Miyano is in everything these days, and there's never much change in his voice. It'll take some getting used to. The fight was animated quite well, as shown in the preview last week. I don't think we'll be seeing any complaints here.

-Ranfan is adorable. Nana Mizuki does a good job.

-The preview doesn't show the scene i've been on about in the spoiler thread.

As for the OP and ED. I quite like them, especially some of the later scenes shown in the OP which are events to come.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:33   Link #10
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Luckily, I've uploaded both the OP and ED
Yep, already watched them both. I appreciate the upload.

Anyways, the OP is really good, about the same level as "again" for me. The ED hasn't really stuck to me yet.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:47   Link #11
Charred Knight

Just saw the opening. Incredible especially Ling vs. Wrath. Will have more when I watch the episode this thursday.
Old 2009-07-12, 05:59   Link #12
Sannom

It was a really good episode in my opinion. Great animation and drawings, and the events reorganisation was good I think, especially about May's introduction (I laughed when I saw Scar trying to pet Shao May )... I would say something but I think that can be considered as spoilers for the manga, so I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
As for the OP and ED. I quite like them, especially some of the later scenes shown in the OP which are events to come.
That OP contained a lot of scenes that were directly taken from the manga if you ask me, the last one being the most prominent. Can't wait for that part by the way. Scenes with Bradley fighting against Lin, Ran Fan and Who were epic.

The humor in this one was good, not overly exagerated. And finally we got to see Alphonse transmuting without a circle (that scene is as hilarious as ever ).
Old 2009-07-12, 06:35   Link #13
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Lan Fan = episode WIN!
Old 2009-07-12, 07:32   Link #14
Kirarakim

Disappointed in Mei's introduction and the way they rushed through the Barry the Chopper scenes (no Roy threatening Barry scene=Boo).

At least they didn't cut Falman from the scene because I feel they have not been giving Roy's subordinates their due in the anime (with the exception of Havoc) so I was also very happy to see that scene of all of them in the new opening.

Anyways the rest of the episode was quite fun. I wasn't sure if I would like Miyano as Ling and although his voice is everywhere now I thought he was great here. All of Ling's scenes made me smile just as much as they did in the manga. I think they revealed that Ling was a prince a little too soon though.

As for other new voices Ran Fan's voice is perfect and probably my favorite of the 3. Mei's voice while fitting is a bit too high pitched for me and my least favorite.

I am also thrilled they didn't cut the "pride of the older brother thing" because that was one of my favorite panels in the manga. And now the first anime viewers can start to see just how cool Al will be in the manga. I love manga!Al so much it just needs to be said.

Finally I really enjoy the new OP & ED. As for the OP I did like the song Again more but I love this new opening sequence, so many later scenes that I can't wait to see animated. Including a scene from my favorite chapter 53.

And I think the new ending while not as fun as Uso is very pretty.

Overall not a perfect episode but it does get a 9 because it was very enjoyable.
Old 2009-07-12, 07:35   Link #15
_gallo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Nakamura is in the animation credits for the OP. <3 <3 <3 <3
Hell yeah!

I wonder which part he did. I only watched it in low quality but maybe is 0:57 - 1:13? Too bad I have to wait Wednesday to watch the full episode in HD...

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
Old 2009-07-12, 08:39   Link #16
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Hell yeah!

I wonder which part he did. I only watched it in low quality but maybe is 0:57 - 1:13? Too bad I have to wait Wednesday to watch the full episode in HD...
I haven't seen it in HD either, so I'm not going to comment on that.
Old 2009-07-12, 08:46   Link #17
Kirarakim

It's good to see Nakamura is on board. Hopefully he will be animating some of the later action sequences in the story.
Old 2009-07-12, 09:44   Link #18
Vicious108

Haven't seen the episode yet, but man the opening is amazing. It's like they wasted half of their budget on it.

Though it does contain a fair bit of foreshadowing, especially about some of the homunculi, and hints for future fights as well.
Old 2009-07-12, 09:52   Link #19
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's good to see Nakamura is on board. Hopefully he will be animating some of the later action sequences in the story.
It's not just Nakamura too. It's most of the usual BONES crew who worked on the original FMA as well as Sword of the Stranger. Awesome OP.
Old 2009-07-12, 10:13   Link #20
Ziziphus
Whatever

Wow, great OP and ED! They really hyped me up a lot!

I really like the new ED, both the song and the sequence. Simple, but very pretty and emotional.

I only watched the raw but my, this ep was funny as hell it made me laugh very hard! Enjoyable episode really!