AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 4 8.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 22.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 8.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-18, 06:31   Link #21
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Good episode. That EA would be significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Doesn't that reflect reality?

Cheers.
Agreed. Considering how much time they spend, it is pretty much a given there will be people hacking the game by now.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:34   Link #22
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, there are some things that kinda need explanation...

1. I thought that Brain Burst is one software that has no chance of a cheating system, but seems in the 2nd cour, there are a lot of ways of "cheating" the system.
2. How come Megumi can go into Accelerated World without installing the program?
Old 2012-08-18, 07:13   Link #23
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hmm, there are some things that kinda need explanation...

1. I thought that Brain Burst is one software that has no chance of a cheating system, but seems in the 2nd cour, there are a lot of ways of "cheating" the system.
2. How come Megumi can go into Accelerated World without installing the program?
1. That would be explained soon. Be patient.

2. They cut quite a lot of details about that.
Old 2012-08-18, 08:37   Link #24
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I have not read any of the light novels, so if I guess right, I'm screwed but
Spoiler:

That said, her entrance in the fight was telegraphed the last episode but seriously felt rushed
Old 2012-08-18, 09:20   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

I enjoyed the episode, but I must say that Megumi's appearance was a literal Deus ex Machina in my opinion. The only thing missing are the wire-cables suspending her from the sky as she pops in, waves her magic wand and pops out.

My thought at that moment was, "Okay..."

Heh.
Old 2012-08-18, 09:42   Link #26
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

@Skane
I don't think BK needed Megumi to beat Sulfur Pot. I do, however, believe that she made it a lot easier.

I enjoyed today's' episode. With the knowledge that no matter how badly I wanted AW to go back to the main story line, it was not going to happen; I could relax and enjoy the full 22 minutes of fighting. The action was good, and the villain was interesting. I liked Megumi's power and want to know how she lost her abilities in the past, though, "for now" we won't be able to learn anything. The resolution was pretty funny. Eaten by your own pet....

Quick Thoughts
- I wonder what animal Black Knight (or friends) are going to tame, and who will get it? I don't believe they show anyone with a robo-dog in the opening, though I doubt that will be the thing that becomes the Black's pet.

- Why didn't Crikin keep the remote dive object? It would allow him to get back into the game.... I know I would

- Did Black Knight camp Sulfur Pot? LOL "I'll kill that King. Damn that Black Knight... okay, times up. I can log back in. . . . . . . . Oh crap!"

- What did Green Mode do? More agility, perhaps? I have always accredited the color green with the agility stat... so maybe?

- Next week we get back to the main story line. Urrgh. 6 days & 23 and a half hours to go!

D O M I N A T I O N ! Oh yeah!

(9/10) All things considered, I enjoyed this episode. It had a lot of little things that make AW great. Also, it ended the arc so it allowed the main story to continue next week. Excellent.

Last edited by PonSquared; 2012-08-18 at 10:00. Reason: Lots and lots to sort out, up there...
Old 2012-08-18, 10:06   Link #27
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Doesn't that reflect reality?

Cheers.
No, not really.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2012-08-18, 11:13   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecat View Post
@Skane
I don't think BK needed Megumi to beat Sulfur Pot. I do, however, believe that she made it a lot easier.
Same. At no point did it really feel like KYH was at a major disadvantage or in danger of losing the fight, Megumi just ended up coming into the game to meet her instead of forcing her to come back out as a sort of gesture that she's willing to step into KYH's hidden world and be a part of it instead of just standing their moping. She's kind of obsessed with Hime on a creepy level after all. Small potatoes personal problems compared to what's going on back in the main story though.

About my only issue with her part in this really was that they never really explained how she was a burst linker and how exactly she forgot about Brain Burst and how she remembered how to play and what her special skil was the second she went back in. Maybe that's for later on down the road who knows.

Anyway am I the only person that feels that her ability is not that OP and could easily backfire. Granted it could fuck over a ton of people in the zone, but it could also switch the battlefield to an element your team is not equipped to handle. Also the juries out on whether she has any offensive abilities at all. It kind of looks like one of those context sensitive high risk gamble abilities.

It's obvious to me that there's something going on in Accel World beyond just the stalemate between the Kings right now. Noumi and Sulfur Pot both appear to have abilities they shouldn't have, back doors and exploits are being slowly revealed like the Incarnate System and the twins power to communicate almost telepathically and form a pseudo-wireless connection to the game world, Sulfur Pot doing something similar by playing from Tokyo, whisperings of other people like Noumi and Sulfur Pot. Sounds like a bonafide conspiracy and setup for a second season if you ask me.
Old 2012-08-18, 11:17   Link #29
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Crikin's transformation reminded me of the "Lagann Impact" style TTGL transformation.

Pretty good episode, but the Megumi's Deus Ex Machina entrance was kind of ....ehhh
Old 2012-08-18, 12:17   Link #30
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Same. At no point did it really feel like KYH was at a major disadvantage or in danger of losing the fight, Megumi just ended up coming into the game to meet her instead of forcing her to come back out as a sort of gesture that she's willing to step into KYH's hidden world and be a part of it instead of just standing their moping. She's kind of obsessed with Hime on a creepy level after all. Small potatoes personal problems compared to what's going on back in the main story though.
Well said. And just to add on.... The thing is, we just don't know anything about her, why she is (was) a Burst Linker, and how her power works. I think, however, Megumi's power lets her change the stage to one she wants to change it to. That is the reason it went to a stage that was the perfect stage environment for defeating Sulfur Pot. Again, we don't know!! (So frustrating!!) But that's how it looks to me.

As for why Black Knight knows nothing about Megumi, that is the real boggle of this episode. Isn't Black Knight one of the earlier (original?) Burst Linkers? How is it she not only does not know who Megumi is, but doesn't seem to care to find out? With a power like hers, and her (assisted by a shaman (magic effecting digital?)) ability to return to the game after being forced out of it... Black Knights lack of curiosity infuriates me.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:30   Link #31
Enishi

Why did they call him the Crimson Kingbolt?! Why do they need “bolt” in here?! Crimson King! Yup, Crikin.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:48   Link #32
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi View Post
Why did they call him the Crimson Kingbolt?! Why do they need “bolt” in here?! Crimson King! Yup, Crikin.
Because he is literally a bolt/screw

Last edited by Funkatron; 2012-08-31 at 06:12.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:53   Link #33
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi View Post
He transforms into a bolt and combines (gattai~) with scrap metal.
Well, his avatar is called Crimson Kingbolt, generally the second part of the name has some connection with their special abilities, Silver Crow - wings, Cyan Pile - spike, Red Rider - horse etc.

Last edited by Awrya; 2012-08-29 at 04:27.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:57   Link #34
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

1. king·bolt (kngblt)
n.
A vertical bolt that joins the body of a wagon or other vehicle to its front axle and usually acts as a pivot. Also called kingpin.
2. kingbolt [ˈkɪŋˌbəʊlt], king rod
n.

(Engineering / Mechanical Engineering)
a. the pivot bolt that connects the body of a horse-drawn carriage to the front axle and provides the steering joint

b. a similar bolt placed between a railway carriage and the bogies

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000
&
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged
Old 2012-08-18, 13:48   Link #35
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
2. They cut quite a lot of details about that.
I, for one, would like to know more about those details.... Could you put them under a spoiler tag please ?
Old 2012-08-18, 14:50   Link #36
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
He transforms into a bolt and combines (gattai~) with scrap metal.
Well, his avatar is called Crimson Kingbolt, generally the second part of the name has some connection with their special abilities, Silver Crow - wings, Cyan Pile - spike, Red Rider - horse etc.
Isn't it mainly the comedic purpose?
All burst linkers called Crimson Kingbolt as
Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-08-18, 18:37   Link #37
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Best AW episode so far

Lots of good action. Kyh shows a green power up - guess she still has other coloured power ups. Figures, Black is all colours together, after all.
The dragon rider certainly is a novum, although that Sulphur guy is pretty pathetic himself. I think he only got the dragon by hacking or some exploit, I can't imagine him fighting the dragon and winning, in order to apply that tamer to him.

The bolt guy, which looked rather harmless, can transform into a Transformer and then really dish out the pain. His fire power might even come close to Red King level, although with a much better movability.

Megumi's appearance was interesting. I think she was a Burst Linker at an earlier time, but then stopped for some reason, without being completely defeated. Technically, she would still be a Burst Linker, but someone (or something) made her forget about the game. Then, something shortly bridged the memory leak, and she returned for a short while. Looks like she can change the stage to another one she chooses. Hope we'll get to know more about her and her abilities later.

Finally, once in their element, the two mermaid girls also did a good contribution, so the dragon could be freed and then helped himself to some nice dinner

Next episode, next to that freaky Noumi guy. I somehow get the feeling that Noumi and that Sulphur guy belong to the same group of people hacking BrainBurst.
Old 2012-08-18, 18:54   Link #38
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I, for one, would like to know more about those details.... Could you put them under a spoiler tag please ?
Spoiler for Missing detail (LN difference):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Isn't it mainly the comedic purpose?
All burst linkers called Crimson Kingbolt as
Spoiler:
No kidding. You have the coolest sounding name yet your abilities doesn't match it.
Old 2012-08-18, 20:30   Link #39
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well, its only because its the lesser known cousin of Kingpin. Which again fits him, being the lesser-known "king" in the Red Legion.

As for Leopard Maid, let's just say that she appears in blurb of the latest SAO book with Silica, waving the signs "More Deban!"

Its this author thing of his to have an awesome heroine that everyone dies for, a black character oozing coolness, and a cameo character that never gets enough screentime. So we're probably never going to see much of her.

Which is sad, because everytime she pops up in the OP I'm thinking WILHEMINA, KANZAKI KAORU, ITOU SHIZUKA WHERE?!

EDIT:

Finally watched to the end of the episode. And I am AMAZED by the direction in this episode. So much information was gleaned just by being attentive instead of being told to you. For example, the one who sold the butterfly pendant to Megumi was Crikin. This was after showing us roughly what Crikin looks like IRL. Or that ghost of Megumi's Past being a foreshadowing as to what happens to a player after leaving the Accel World, which in a way was what I was thinking could be the case.

We all know that the reins is for Hime to ride the magnificent flying steed Silver Crow.

Now, we're back to stomping Noumi's face in a 2nd time. Because its so satisfying I'd have NTR Queen res him over and over just for it!

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-08-18 at 21:03.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:06   Link #40
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I can't help but feel like this episode was a meta-commentary on modern anime: "Magical girls now trump giant mechas!"

But on a purely superficial level, this was a very cool and fun episode... and it having both Transformers (that's the first thing it made me think of too) and magical girls is definitely a big reason why.

The action scenes were a blast, and fun to watch. Like Kaioshin, I never really had a sense that KYH's back was truly against the ropes, but on the other hand there were times when I was wondering just how the heck they were going to beat that big, giant fire-breathing monster. That defeat involving a total Deus ex Machina was slightly disappointing at a literary level, I guess you could say, but I honestly thought it was Ok for an amusing little side-adventure that's mainly there to develop KYH and some supporting cast characters, as well as reveal a shady organization that needs to be dealt with it.

It also was a nice break from the Noumi arc, really. But I'm also glad we're finally going to get to find out what's going on with Chiyu next episode...