5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-06, 12:38   Link #61
itachi29al

I gave this episode a 10/10 my first one since shippuuden began. I pretty sure next weeks episodes will end on good cliffhangers.

Last edited by itachi29al; 2007-05-06 at 12:42. Reason: spoiler
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 12:48   Link #62
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
On a side-note, did anyone else notice that the filler character Mattsuri was in Tenmaris team?
I don't think it was here, it just looked a lot like her. I mean before she was a young academy student, and in only two and half years later she being sent on what might be an S-rank mission, not likely. Also if you look closer this girl seem a lot older, maybe near temaris age when if following the anime she should be younger then Gaara, but i ill give you they look very similar.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 12:58   Link #63
Rahan

She isn't a filler character. (even if everything she did so far was filler)
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 14:33   Link #64
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
I don't think it was here, it just looked a lot like her. I mean before she was a young academy student, and in only two and half years later she being sent on what might be an S-rank mission, not likely. Also if you look closer this girl seem a lot older, maybe near temaris age when if following the anime she should be younger then Gaara, but i ill give you they look very similar.
maybe she had potential, she was trained by gaara himself after all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Wind#Matsuri

according to wiki, it's her, but then again , it's wiki
Old 2007-05-06, 14:58   Link #65
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Looks like the lameness of the very previous episodes at the start of this arc has washed away with the excellent manner on how they handled this episode.

Orochimaru's theme song always ranked the top place on my list, but after listening to the full Akatsuki's theme song my mind cannot come up to decide between songs.

The Akatsuki's theme is as devilish ominous as Orochimaru's theme are.

Spoiler:

One more thing, do you think that Chiyo and Jiraiya share the same insider source network on collecting information about Akatsuki?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 17:54   Link #66
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Guido...no i think they have different sources. Because their information would've been the same i think. And not only that...it's rather weird that 2 old granny's know about Akatsuki (not about Sasori) while being retired and pretending to be dead.

Jiraiya is perhaps also retired but he still informs the village if anything happens and is a valuable source...perhaps the most valuable source. Information is power right?

Anyway i gave this episode an 8. And i wonder how much they are going to fill up these fights. But really? What about some more sound and music...i'd say the most awesome fight Gaara vs Deidara was because of no the music between it....rather boring.
Old 2007-05-06, 22:46   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

"There are nine of them in total..." - Old sand chick

And with that statement 300 more episodes of Naruto were all but ensured ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingRightness View Post
Well can't wait til next week...

Scratch that, can't wait til 2 weeks from now when next week's episode REALLY STARTS ..I imagine right around the time we see Itachi's eyes we'll see those credits role...I'm honestly glad next week's ep isn't an hour though, because they'd find a way to screw it up...
I hate being right all the time ("Well we all know that's a lie as I absolutley LOVE being right 100% of the 74.6% of the time I am right"^^), but I knew this ep would be over after Itachi's red-eyes were personified...With that said though old-sand chick talking about the Bijuu's (Oh new cool word for inner-demon) equal teh win for this episode...Even watching the characters defy the physics of tree-jumping for the 10th straight time couldn't ruin this ep...

Bijuu eh? So now I'll be calling the demon's Bijuu's cause it sounds cooler and it's quick to type..So don't be a sonofabijuu and join me now...Akatsuki-stuff as usual is very damn cool--It was funny to see Puppet-master tell on Deidera and him defend himself xD...I guess that guy with the cool hair is the leader, can't wait to see him fight a hundred eps from now ...

Now some of the BGM's in this ep felt more suited for DeathNote than fun shonen fighting anime...For someone who has watched damn near every CPU-ep of Naruto ever with headphones on it's rather discouraging for me (Especially when there's just silence and no track during scenes)..Yeah i know alot of you like this more serious, earthy mix of natural sounds, but to me it lacks the energy to turn these fight moments into gold (Really hope we get atleast ONE fast-paced energetic fight-track next week)...But in any event "very good" episode and if that's officially an 8 sobeit..This would have been a perfect spot for a 1hour ep but The Gods ain't that nice...
Old 2007-05-06, 23:16   Link #68
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
"There are nine of them in total..." - Old sand chick

And with that statement 300 more episodes of Naruto were all but ensured ...
Later they (atasuki) mentioned that Gaara was the 3rd they had extracted, so only 5 more before Naruto...
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 23:21   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Later they (atasuki) mentioned that Gaara was the 3rd they had extracted, so only 5 more before Naruto...
I stand corrected 250 ensured episodes then ...
Old 2007-05-06, 23:33   Link #70
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I don't know, at last Jump Festa when Oda and Kishimoto appeared, Kishimoto said Naruto isn't a very long series and sort of hinted that it would be ending soon.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 23:38   Link #71
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Uuuh, Ok, so this doesn't spiral outta control, about the 250-300 eps thing..I was being facetious...That's why the innocent-smiley face accompanied the comment...However I do think Naruto will fine a way to flashback the hell outta all the Bijuu's...
Old 2007-05-07, 01:05   Link #72
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I know you were being facetious, but I just thought you'd like to know that information.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 05:51   Link #73
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popo-San View Post
hated it! super teaser. reminds me of when i was 14 and this girl used to tease me for her goodies. so i punched her in the eye and took it from her! >:]
Hahaha!

Uhm anyway! This episode really kept me on the "edge" as many others have claimed. I was a bit sad in the end that there was no cool fights, and my biggest fears during the next episode is that Itachi and Kisame will just fight for 5 seconds and retreat or something, that would be awfull, but that shouldn't really happen since it's not logical, I hope it's gonna be a fight to the death

Was so cool to see Kakashi's look on his eyes when he watched Itachi who kicked his butt last time they fought, I actually believe that Kakashi is indeed very scared.

Kisame didn't really put up a good fight when he was in Konohana last time, but I don't think he was serious either, so it's gonna be fun to see if he can kick Gai' team's ass
Old 2007-05-07, 06:14   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A fight to death would not be possible .. because Itachi is destined for a rematch with Sasuke

I just hope Gai can remember Kisame's name
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 10:01   Link #75
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0

Hmm, this episode actually I should say Shippuden has been good in terms of Animation, Fight Scenes and things like that, Its great to watch if your not a manga reader. However, if you are It would annoy the hell out of you, as it does to me. I'm always noticing tids and bits, and pieces left out, or lines changed, things misplaced, which were important to me as I was reading the Manga I'm not sure why the anime does this, maybe because they want to take the anime to another direction who knows (More childish and TV suitable?).

As far as it goes, the things the Anime leaves out makes it so the Anime is no where near as Dark, Emotional, or even Romantic as the Manga, and that bothers me slightly, the most recent episode where they have the little chat between Chiyo, Sakura, Naruto, and Kakashi about Bijuu, there was so much left out in terms of interaction between Sakura x Naruto, in fact pretty much through all of Shippuden in terms of Sakura x Naruto after time skip, things were either left out, changed, not shown, or just never happend.

None the less, I'm here to see the fight scenes animated, not the details I guess it just sucks that most people who watch the Anime but not read the Manga would be missing out on all that. Still I guess I can't complain till I see how this fight scene is animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I just hope Gai can remember Kisame's name
Hahaha, I laughed pretty hard at that, twice! Once during the Manga! Thanks for reminding me I'll go watch that part again XD~

Last edited by 0TaKu0; 2007-05-07 at 10:15.
0TaKu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 13:21   Link #76
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
Hehehe

i knew i wasnt seeing things!! lmao
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 16:16   Link #77
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Hehehe

haha oh man you guys are nasty...dont tell me that it never gets ichy down there...
Old 2007-05-07, 22:21   Link #78
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Hehehe

After seeing that undeniable evidence I would say Konha is stingy when it comes to uniforms @_@
Old 2007-05-07, 22:57   Link #79
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Hehehe

You are a terrible person sir.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 23:14   Link #80
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Hehehe

Maybe Shino is tracking Team Kakashi with a crotch-bug, and Kakashi is giving it some sort of message to report...