Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-05-26, 07:35   Link #9981
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axyp View Post
Gilgamesh isn't that rude.
If I was serious with my reply I would have used different words, but as you should note, I was just fooling around. All opinions shall be respected as long as they're grounded.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 08:56   Link #9982
DeliriousEagle

Nice, we reached the 500 pages mark. Congratulations everyone.
DeliriousEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 12:55   Link #9983
Axyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
If I was serious with my reply I would have used different words, but as you should note, I was just fooling around. All opinions shall be respected as long as they're grounded.
I was kidding too, dw.
Old 2015-05-26, 17:58   Link #9984
dragon213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Basically, the anime is another route. You can say that the anime is what the manga would've become if it runs out of pages or facing cancellation . Some elements from the anime will stick in the manga, some will not.

I do however disagree with those blind and narrow-minded manga-elitists on Youtube or any other sites who said that the anime is more absurd than the manga (they already ate their words when the fight between Budou & Mein happen similarly in the manga). The anime and manga are equally absurd. The only difference is that one is rushed and the other one still has room to breathe.
Think that one of those elements from with the anime will be the death of Tatsumi and Leone?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 22:29   Link #9985
Weather
Wonder Wind

AAAAAND Good riddance of those two.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-26, 23:37   Link #9986
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon213 View Post
Think that one of those elements from with the anime will be the death of Tatsumi and Leone?
Well, I obviously don’t know for sure, but if I have to say someting, Leone is the easier target to be killed off. She’s the onee-chan type, she doesn’t really have someone she care about more than her comrades in NR and I don’t think she has an actual home to return to, she also doesn’t really have a big goal in the future aside from having a fun life and probably continue to murder corrupted guys. So yeah, until Takahiro wrote something more about her, so far, Leone is pretty much a sitting duck for obligatory-death imo.

As for Tatsumi, I think it depends on what kind of ending Takahiro will go with. If he really wants a genuinely happy ending, he can have Tatsumi, Akame & Naje survive to re-build the empire with Tatsumi can finally go back to his village (maybe bringing Mein & Akame along?). If he really wants a bittersweet end, he can have Tatsumi died fighting like in the anime accomplishing what he wished for: to help people and revolutionize the empire for the better (Akame can either survive or went down with him, while Mein can wake up later and finds out that Tatsumi’s dead and pull a Juliet or live on). Or, if Takahiro really wants a messed up/tragedy ending, he can have Tatsumi and all NR members die fighting while the empire became worse than before after all their efforts. Or somehow Tatsumi become the next evil ruler or something. The possibilities are endless.
Old 2015-05-27, 03:14   Link #9987
Fwarlord

Actually, I think Tatsumi accomplishes nothing by dying. Once you die, it's all over, you know nothing afterward. What he wants is to create a better country for the people. If he dies even before a new country is established, how does he know it will be better than the old one? In many cases, after the revolution, the new government can be even more corrupted and brutal than the old one. The only way for Tatsumi to achieve his goal is to live on, witness the birth of the new country and make sure it truly exists for the people's sake.

About an bittersweet ending, after the revolution, Tatsumi can somehow come to the conclusion that the wickedness and corruption's taken deep root inside not just the government but the people's heart as well. So in order to create an utopia, those people need to be rule by an iron-fisted dictator.
Old 2015-05-27, 03:30   Link #9988
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
About an bittersweet ending, after the revolution, Tatsumi can somehow come to the conclusion that the wickedness and corruption's taken deep root inside not just the government but the people's heart as well. So in order to create an utopia, those people need to be rule by an iron-fisted dictator.
There is only one thing i can say to this: vote Tyrant for President and the country will be a better place .

What´s the answer to everything ?

Last edited by Estzero1; 2015-05-27 at 03:51.
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 06:27   Link #9989
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

megazords vs magnamon was cool and tatsumi died a heroic death

anime > manga route
Old 2015-05-27, 07:23   Link #9990
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Actually, I think Tatsumi accomplishes nothing by dying. Once you die, it's all over, you know nothing afterward. What he wants is to create a better country for the people. If he dies even before a new country is established, how does he know it will be better than the old one? In many cases, after the revolution, the new government can be even more corrupted and brutal than the old one. The only way for Tatsumi to achieve his goal is to live on, witness the birth of the new country and make sure it truly exists for the people's sake.
Well, if he died after crushing the current evil empire, that’s an accomplishment in and of itself. Nobody knows and nobody can control what will happen in the future. Many heroes around the world in the past died trying to save people or lead his/her people to fight their opressors and fight for their freedom. At the end of their lives, heroes died after giving people hope and chance of a better life, or at the very least, they gave people a wake up call to rise and fight for themselves.

So, if you said dead heroes (like anime-Tatsumi) accomplished nothing, I disagree. My country’s past is full with dead heroes like Tatsumi who fought for our freedom against foreign invaders/oppressors who ruled our land and died before our country can be liberated. Yet it’s thanks to all their efforts that our people continued to fight and gave birth to the next heroes after heroes untill we finally got our freedom. Are those dead heroes useless and accomplished nothing? No, they are part of the accomplishment that is our beloved country, the Republic of Indonesia. Without those dead heroes’s sacrifices, we will never have this country. The same applies to the United States of America and pretty much every country who have to fight for their freedom in the past.

You see, liberating a country or making a better country is not a one-man or one-group’s effort nor does it happen in an instance. It’s a massive effort done by so many people and it needs sacrifices (one paving the way for the others) and sometimes the struggle can last for generations.

So now, it depends on the outcome of the revolution that Tatsumi is fighting for. If he finally die fighting and paves the way for a better country in the end (like what happened in the anime), we can really say that he died a hero and has accomplished his goal.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2015-05-27 at 07:40.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-27, 07:38   Link #9991
Wandering Soul

Well good riddance to Wild Hunt.
Old 2015-05-27, 08:26   Link #9992
Fwarlord

Quote:
Well, if he died after crushing the current evil empire, that’s an accomplishment in and of itself. Nobody knows and nobody can control what will happen in the future. Many heroes around the world in the past died trying to save people or lead his/her people to fight their opressors and fight for their freedom. At the end of their lives, heroes died after giving people hope and chance of a better life, or at the very least, they gave people a wake up call to rise and fight for themselves.

So, if you said dead heroes (like anime-Tatsumi) accomplished nothing, I disagree. My country’s past is full with dead heroes like Tatsumi who fought for our freedom against foreign invaders/oppressors who ruled our land and died before our country can be liberated. Yet it’s thanks to all their efforts that our people continued to fight and gave birth to the next heroes after heroes untill we finally got our freedom. Are those dead heroes useless and accomplished nothing? No, they are part of the accomplishment that is our beloved country, the Republic of Indonesia. Without those dead heroes’s sacrifices, we will never have this country. The same applies to the United States of America and pretty much every country who have to fight for their freedom in the past.

You see, liberating a country or making a better country is not a one-man or one-group’s effort nor does it happen in an instance. It’s a massive effort done by so many people and it needs sacrifices (one paving the way for the others) and sometimes the struggle can last for generations.

So now, it depends on the outcome of the revolution that Tatsumi is fighting for. If he finally die fighting and paves the way for a better country in the end (like what happened in the anime), we can really say that he died a hero and has accomplished his goal.
Actually, there're some differences. Your national heroes fought with the primary goal of liberating your country while calling themselves revolutionists and history remembers them as such. Even if they'd died in the process, many would have been inspired by them and continued their fight, that's their biggest legacy. In this series, the same thing could be apply for the Revolution Army, but not for the Night Raid and Tatsumi himself. The reason is because the NR fight with the primary goal of assassins the government's officers. They even call themselves sinful murderers and believes the only things await them are death and retribution. Not only their enemies but the masses also think of them as paid assassins, the only ones who came to give them request are those who lost all hope to the future. No one including themselves believe they're ally of justice, they don't even believe to the righteous nature of their fight, how can they inspire anyone like that, once they're dead, everything is over, they will probably be forgotten even if the revolution successes and leave no legacy behind.
Old 2015-05-27, 09:10   Link #9993
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Actually, there're some differences. Your national heroes fought with the primary goal of liberating your country while calling themselves revolutionists and history remembers them as such. Even if they'd died in the process, many would have been inspired by them and continued their fight, that's their biggest legacy. In this series, the same thing could be apply for the Revolution Army, but not for the Night Raid and Tatsumi himself. The reason is because the NR fight with the primary goal of assassins the government's officers. They even call themselves sinful murderers and believes the only things await them are death and retribution. Not only their enemies but the masses also think of them as paid assassins, the only ones who came to give them request are those who lost all hope to the future. No one including themselves believe they're ally of justice, they don't even believe to the righteous nature of their fight, how can they inspire anyone like that, once they're dead, everything is over, they will probably be forgotten even if the revolution successes and leave no legacy behind.
If we’re talking a “what if” scenario, let’s use the anime scenario (since the manga haven’t reached the big final battle at the Capital). In the anime, Tatsumi died defeating Shikotazer and protecting dozens (and more) people from being obliterated. Now refer to my previous comment:
Quote:
Many heroes around the world in the past died trying to save people or lead his/her people to fight their opressors and fight for their freedom. At the end of their lives, heroes died after giving people hope and chance of a better life, or at the very least, they gave people a wake up call to rise and fight for themselves.
Tatsumi did that by saving those people and disabling the WMD that would’ve take thousands of civilian lives, while at the same time, he dealt a severe blow to the empire’s fire-power that will make it easier for the Revolusionary Army to do their business to make a better country. It doesn’t matter what people think of him. What matters is the result of his action. Just like in TDK, some heroes are remembered by people as inspiring heroes, but some went unnoticed or even sacrificed and used as scape-goats since they're the ones doing the dirty works. So, if Tatsumi indeed died fighting and then forgotten, his legacy is not what people remember him or how he is written in history books. His legacy will be the very country he helped creating.
Old 2015-05-28, 01:56   Link #9994
Fwarlord

But how can you call it his legacy if no one remembers him? We call someone founding father because his name was written in history books, otherwise, he's just some nameless man just like countless others. Furthermore, Tatsumi's original goals is to become successful and bring back money to his poor village which can't be done if he die. It's just sad.
Old 2015-05-28, 04:25   Link #9995
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
But how can you call it his legacy if no one remembers him? We call someone founding father because his name was written in history books, otherwise, he's just some nameless man just like countless others.
A more holistic definition of legacy is when you are genuinely grounded in offering yourself and making a meaningful, lasting and energizing contribution to humanity by serving a cause greater than your own.

In the anime, Tatsumi greatly help the RA by paving the way to the destruction of the evil empire and building a better country. The better country that resulted from it is his legacy to the people. (true) Heroes don’t need their good deeds remembered or written in history books. If people do remember them as heroes, it’s a bonus. In this case, people that Tatsumi saved from Shikotazer might not know or remember him, but I bet those who witnessed his deeds will remember that there is a man in silver (then turned winged-golden) armor that saved their lives and defeat the destructive Shikotazer and will at least be inspired by him.

Quote:
Furthermore, Tatsumi's original goals is to become successful and bring back money to his poor village which can't be done if he die. It's just sad.
Being successful in life is pretty much everybody’s goal . Heroes who are willingly sacrifices their lives are also willing to sacrifices their personal goal by nature (duh). But Tatsumi’s greater goal for the people is achieved. In the last episode of the anime, he can even brought back a huge amount of gold under his name to his village (just like what he dreamed of) even after fallen in the battle (IIRC it is implied that he has arranged it before he went to the battle and died). It proves you that he can still help his village even after he died.
Old 2015-05-29, 18:59   Link #9996
Homura7

Chapter's title is "Kill Wild Hunt". At the end in the last panel it says: Wild Hunt - Total Annihilation.

I hope we won't be reading something along these lines with the Jaegers. Please no.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 23:59   Link #9997
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Dorothea died a coward like the doctor dude, go figure.

But I wonder what's with her image as a Succubus about in that pic before she was crushed?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 01:30   Link #9998
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Chapter's title is "Kill Wild Hunt". At the end in the last panel it says: Wild Hunt - Total Annihilation.

I hope we won't be reading something along these lines with the Jaegers. Please no.
I'm sure it'll come when that happens.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-30, 03:26   Link #9999
XFire
150% done

Well, one way or another neither the Jaegers or Night Riad survive the conflict, since once the war ends they'd lose their reason for existing as organizations.

Provided no one else dies (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) where do you think they'd end up afterword, anyway?
Old 2015-05-30, 05:34   Link #10000
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Dorothea died a coward like the doctor dude, go figure.

But I wonder what's with her image as a Succubus about in that pic before she was crushed?
That's what caught me too, it looked a lot like Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!