Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-13, 00:40   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I guess the question is how the Nagisa personality exists.
My question is how the Nagisa identity exists. Who gave her that name and enroll her in the same school Kimihiko was going to enroll in?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 02:37   Link #282
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At this point I just have to say "sure" . Of course Siesta not only still existed within that body but also had the ability to revive herself. I still expect Nagisa to get most of the control. Based on the idea that she should get to live a free life and have her school experiences.

Guess this means Siesta won't turn up as the last boss . Or maybe it doesn't. With this show who knows.

If I was taking this show seriously I might have been a bit more frazzled by this episode. At the very least this episode didn't bore me. A lot of crazy stuff along with how it ended. In the end Siesta's OP ability comes through again. Although now I feel a bit silly for thinking about how a team could try to replace Siesta...when Siesta had the ability to come back . Oh sure that means Hel might do so as well and that body turns into a battle royal, but that's fine. Just makes it all the more amusing.
Old 2021-09-13, 17:04   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
My question is how the Nagisa identity exists. Who gave her that name and enroll her in the same school Kimihiko was going to enroll in?
Siesta obviously has a boss, so whoever that is. Fubi seems to have been in on it.
Old 2021-09-19, 09:02   Link #284
Frontier

In Siesta's last moments, she cradled Kimizuka in her lap and talked about how much she enjoyed the years they spent together, so much that she doesn't want to die...but despite that, she'll move on and entrust Kimizuka's care to the next life that will take over....Nagisa Natsunagi. Kind of makes me wonder how she came up with that full name completely on the fly .

So Nagisa asked Siesta to take over her body to save Kimizuka, but she says this is the first and only time that's going to happen. Although now that they've established it can happen, I'd be very surprised if it didn't again at least one more time .

Siesta and Kimizuka team-up to take down Chameleon, and they alternate between shooting at him and bickering like an old married couple about stuff in their past they'd rather not dredge up, like all the times they had to go to the bathroom outside because they had no money or whether they actually had sex .

Kimizuka and Siesta were a detective and sidekick...more than friends, less than lovers (although they definitely leaned a little more into the latter in my opinion)...but nevertheless they were the most important people to each other, and those three years together can never be replaced. And to dramatically finish off Chameleon, Siesta casually admits she wouldn't have minded sleeping with him .

"Don't worry, I'm having a great time with these four people I've only known for about a few days" - Kimizuka, it seems .

Well, Char seems to be opening up more to Kimizuka, asking him to come with her to Siesta's grave and all. Also she gets a shower scene at the end, because why not ?

Yui turned out to be surprisingly more fun and useful than I was expecting. I think Kimizuka can feel confident in relying on her .

The one time Kimizuka gets dressed for Nagisa at the bar, she shows up in her normal clothes. They make quite a pair. Although Nagisa may not think she's useful or cut out for this life at all, but Kimizuka believes her emotional intuition and its ability to drive people is worthy of making her a legendary detective, even if it's something that makes her incompatible with Siesta personality wise .

So it's up to Kimi, Yui, Nagisa, and Char to take down SPES? Um...good luck ?

And romantically...well, Nagisa doesn't seem to take it well when Kimizuka mentions when he and Siesta slept in bed together and immediately invites him to her room like she's seducing him, but is that a glimmer of Siesta in Nagisa's eye? Although I guess we'll have to postpone figuring out this relationship dynamic because it's yet another case for the legendary detective and her sidekick .
Old 2021-09-19, 18:10   Link #285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show was absurdly bad. The only good thing about it was Siesta. But no worries, we'll see her again in Date a Live.
Old 2021-09-19, 20:29   Link #286
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 20:34   Link #287
B214

Wait so what happened to Alicia now? Nagisa took over her? Man thinking about all this is a mess. I should stop.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 21:09   Link #288
Wandering Soul

I don't know if I'd call this the worst of the season, but it was definitely the most overhyped considering all the promotion it got.
Old 2021-09-19, 22:11   Link #289
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I don't know if I'd call this the worst of the season, but it was definitely the most overhyped considering all the promotion it got.
I really have to wonder how much the novels are better at this point...
Old 2021-09-19, 22:20   Link #290
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't even know what to say after this one .

My feelings are that the show wasn't terrible. But it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping it would be either. There wasn't a clear sense going into this just what kind of ride it would be. But the double first episode was pretty decent. It just...never quite handled itself well from that point.

Definitely won't miss the show. But it was definitely an experience.
Old 2021-09-20, 01:03   Link #291
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This show was absurdly bad. The only good thing about it was Siesta. But no worries, we'll see her again in Date a Live.
By the same analogy, you are going to see Hel in Date A Live, too.
The story is not that bad. Several peple compare this show to other slow-life genre, such as Hyouka. Some people's problem is they do not expect fighting monsters.

Last edited by scififan; 2021-09-20 at 01:23.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-20, 14:17   Link #292
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
By the same analogy, you are going to see Hel in Date A Live, too.
The story is not that bad. Several peple compare this show to other slow-life genre, such as Hyouka. Some people's problem is they do not expect fighting monsters.
Who does Hel match in DAL? Kurumi ?

I think this show shifted genre's and was never quite consistent enough for anyone to come to proper expectations for this show. Even at the end I'm only marginally sure about what this show is about .
Old 2021-09-30, 09:49   Link #293
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:49.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 11:02   Link #294
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Looks like both of them are dressing like Alicia...which I guess makes sense now .
Old 2021-11-07, 02:22   Link #295
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I've finally finished this show after IRL delays.

The show is at the very least aware of what it wants to do to the story. More than Siesta trying to take down SPES (eventually posthumously), the story of Tanmoshi is about moving on from a relationship that blossomed within three years of doing things together and then met an abrupt end, with neither Kimihiko nor Siesta given the time to say goodbye. Each episode was a reminder of that, but with several twists that put the snow pretty high up on the fantastical list. Regardless, there was some heart put into it.

I'd still say that a lot of the criticisms of the series were overblown, but explaining it any further here seems pointless unless someone is interested.

Now I'm not sure how Nagisa, Char, Yui and Kimihiko would be able to replace Siesta, but regardless I feel like this is not the last time we'll see of our legendary detective...

ENTRY #430 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem