Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-01-06, 08:46   Link #5161
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
He will redeem himself as a meatshield for Deku, while Deku will refer to him as the coolest guy after he perished.
Yeah, if only Shigaraki is actually as cool as the coolest guy from Naruto.

I agreed with Naruto that that guy is the coolest guy. Shigaraki? Not so much.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 09:41   Link #5162
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post

No, he's not. Now sit down...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 10:05   Link #5163
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
He will redeem himself as a meatshield for Deku, while Deku will refer to him as the coolest guy after he perished.
The sad thing is that I'm actually expecting that.
Old 2021-01-06, 10:32   Link #5164
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Shigaraki is author self insert villain.

In opposite Deku Hori self insert of his anxiety personality, Shigaraki might be Hori self insert of his edgy side.
The fact that Shigaraki share same hairstyle with Horikoshi himself is hilarious.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-06, 11:38   Link #5165
WingedAccelerator

Quote:

The coolest guy should have left dead like they have assumed instead of ruining his image.

But to be honest, last 100 chapters from Naruto are dogshit in my eyes.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 17:05   Link #5166
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
After this chapter, I'm really not keen on the idea of a redemption arc for Shigaraki. The author is going to have a really hard way in convincing me he is a victim who needs to be saved.
We already have foreshadowing and many hints pointing towards that direction. But you would be mistaken in assuming that just because that seems to be the future the story has in store for Shigaraki it means that it will eventually happen. Deku stated it better: he felt like Shigaraki needed saving, but at the same time, he did many unforgivable things, killed many. It's a complicated matter that will need a lot of development before we can tackle it.

Same goes for Himiko Toga. She's so far gone, and yet Uravity who doesn't know shit about her couldn't help but think that under her psychotic smile Himiko Toga was hiding a lot of sadness.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 09:09   Link #5167
marvelB

Spoilers are out:

Spoiler for 297:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-14, 20:53   Link #5168
Twi

Spoiler for I'm honestly surprised:
Old 2021-01-14, 22:23   Link #5169
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler for Future Expectations:
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 17:38   Link #5170
marvelB

Well, unofficial TL is out! Hm, it looks like Tartarus may be at least partially inspired by One Piece's Impel Down (prison in the middle of the sea, six levels (with the worst offenders being placed at the bottom), prison guards based on Greek mythical figures, etc.). Curiously, out of all the prisoners shown, it seems the only "new" character among them is that mystery woman... who freed Overhaul. It also looks like Machia wasn't taken to Tartarus just yet due to his size. Wonder where a monster like him is currently held....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Actually, is his quirk still usable? Shigaraki pretty much sealed off his powers when he destroyed his arms during that bullet heist. If anything, I'd think AFO would consider Eri more useful for his plans, anyway.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 19:45   Link #5171
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, is his quirk still usable? Shigaraki pretty much sealed off his powers when he destroyed his arms during that bullet heist. If anything, I'd think AFO would consider Eri more useful for his plans, anyway.
Remember AFO is a quirk thief.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-15, 19:51   Link #5172
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was one fast prison break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Just because he can't use it anymore doesn't mean it's gone. I'm sure it can be stolen.
Old 2021-01-15, 21:51   Link #5173
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A bit disappointed for something that has been expected since Kamino, but I'll take it if it means we won't get another drawn out Shigaraki/LoV-focused arc, two in a row is more than enough.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 09:04   Link #5174
Sixth
Hu Tao

That is why putting Rank S criminals into prison is a stupid move. Should have executed those villains when they have the chance. Any prison that claimed to be unbreakable tends to be broke easily.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 12:29   Link #5175
dragon1412

well, the flag was planted when they call it unbreakable, most people here already call it since the chapter where AFO was put in prison.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-16, 21:11   Link #5176
Wandering Soul

Quote:
True, but it makes sense not to have huge LOV arc after another just ended. It's not like the heroes can do much to retaliate at this point.
Old 2021-01-17, 04:36   Link #5177
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
That is why putting Rank S criminals into prison is a stupid move. Should have executed those villains when they have the chance. Any prison that claimed to be unbreakable tends to be broke easily.
Like Impel Down in One Piece.
Old 2021-01-17, 12:22   Link #5178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Like Impel Down in One Piece.
Impel Down was actually really hard to break out of though, and it had an OP prison chief. Here AFO made breaking out of Tartarus seem like a cakewalk, even if his narration said otherwise. The main opposition he faced were robots and dudes with rifles.
Old 2021-01-17, 12:48   Link #5179
Galaxian

Quote:
Impel Down was actually really hard to break out of though, and it had an OP prison chief. Here AFO made breaking out of Tartarus seem like a cakewalk, even if his narration said otherwise. The main opposition he faced were robots and dudes with rifles.
I agree. Impel Down literally cost years out of Luffy's life, require a stupid amount of luck (like Blackbeard's involvement), and even then Bon Clay had to stay behind to let the others escape.

Meanwhile, Tartarus feels like something the LoV could have accomplish at any moment with little to now difficulty. Even the most of the heroes being injured after the war is not a good excuse since the break out was done so quickly that I can't see how it would have given then enough time to react regardless.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 05:37   Link #5180
dragon1412

I agree with above, Impel down was actually close to impossible to broke out, Luffy managed to because there is actually a lot of involvement with Blackbeard using his Shikibukai status, Luffy also managed to sneak in because Hancock use her status. The entire break out was forced open by literally free every single prisoners, And most got torn apart simply by the wardens. Luffy break out literally through sheer luck that Blackbeard with Shiryuu also backstab the warden. And even then it took cost Luffy plenty of lifespan. And getting out is sea infested by Sea king.

Tartarus on the other hand, Shiragaki/AFO literally brute force himself in, something clearly impossible for impel down. And looking at how he break it in like a few hours, Frankly, it matter little if the heroes is active or not, by the time they got the news, if they actually got any at all since how quick AFO torn down the security system. Even if they got the news, by the time they managed to reach Tartarus, they have to fight a tag team of Shiragaki and AFO anyway, not to mentioned the an entire army of prisoners.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot