AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2020-04-23, 11:56   Link #1
Nymene

Lightbulb Can anyone here start writing a Light Novel with a Black Protagonist ?

Can anyone here start writing a Light Novel with a Black Protagonist ?

So I am already tired of seeing the standard Japanese or Caucasian-looking protagonist in Light or Web Novels ( for example, Glen Radars in Rokudenashi Majutsu is a Caucasian-modelled protagonist with black hair and light skin ), so for a change and breath of fresh air, I wanted to read a LN with a Black or African-looking protagonist with dark skin for a change, so I have already started writing it my own and posted it on the Narou site.

However I am still a super-amateur when it comes to writing, especially in Japanese, therefore I don't have much confidence in my own ability to craft a well-written story, so in case I fail to do so by my own means, to make this thing the next trend so as to bring about a new revolution or meaningful change in the LN industry so people can read refreshing new settings in stories and widen their perspectives/horizons/consciousness, can anyone here write your own novel with a Black protagonist so as to compare and/or compete with me ?

FYI, there are lots of Japanese people too that would like to read a story with such a setting, as can be seen from this thread here : https://chomanga.org/archives/102061.html

@Wuhgm, can you please read the thread above ?
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-23, 16:20   Link #2
Nymene

Wink

Also, the one more reason I'd like to see a novel with this setting, is due to the fact that I love Interracial Romance/Romcom VERY MUCH, and would like to see it in LNs or Manga, simply for the fact that it is so rare, so I'd like to see it as a refreshing change of perspective.

Just think of it, would it be interesting if the protagonist is an African born and raised in Japan, and the main heroine is a Japanese girl who is his Osananajimi ?

It's kinda like a fighting game, where you switch from characters you usually use to ones you seldom use for a change once in a blue moon.

That's also why I wrote it myself too, since if I don't do it, no one else would. So I hope anyone here with better writing skills than me could write such a story with a setting like that, so we can finally create and offer something new to those who are eager to see it.
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote