AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-11-29, 08:50   Link #1401
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Same, haven't tried myself. Simpler eroge from the 2000s work but Shinken is more RPG than VN
Old 2020-11-29, 12:38   Link #1402
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I can put up with everything but Myuugi Fanan.
She is just... a huge no to me
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 13:36   Link #1403
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
PV teaser is out. Can't say I'm happy about the new designs, in fact, I'm dejected. Myugi is taller than Euphoria now?! What the hell? Hiziri, Raguranju, and Reina got the worst of it and they look jarring, to say the least. Damn...it doesn't feel right without Hitomaru as the character designer.
Is that the perspective of a more dedicated fan? Because as a more casual fan that has not been chasing most of the post-Xuse material, they look OK.

Though I agree I don't exactly love Reina's lines, the other four look quite good from where I'm sitting. And is there something fundamentally wrong about Myugi being bigger, because Euphoria is basically a kid - if Myugi's supposed to be an adult before all the complicated events that caused her to be sealed or whatever, she should be bigger.

At least I won't be pushing the "Re-roll Dice" button, even if I could.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 15:25   Link #1404
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Is that the perspective of a more dedicated fan? Because as a more casual fan that has not been chasing most of the post-Xuse material, they look OK.

Though I agree I don't exactly love Reina's lines, the other four look quite good from where I'm sitting. And is there something fundamentally wrong about Myugi being bigger, because Euphoria is basically a kid - if Myugi's supposed to be an adult before all the complicated events that caused her to be sealed or whatever, she should be bigger.
I suppose you can say that.
Spoiler for Designs:
It's difficult for me to go from 人丸 to 小島大和, then to 犬江しんすけ. 人丸's designs had set the bar high with fine details, sleek coloring, and cute but still mature designs that fits a rather serious inclined setting and story.

That's the thing, Myuugi Fanan is a smaller form/fragment of Myuugi of Destiny whose appearance comparable to an upper teen. Even though Euphoria physically appearance should be a kid too, I'm not even sure if she is one with her redesign. Instead, she seemingly looks like a lower to mid teen now. And if Myuugi Fanan is taller than her now, well....
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 22:24   Link #1405
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

^ Thus why I say Myuugi Fanan is the most jarring difference for me. Look at those colored feathers or the Hitomaru one compared to now.

*inb4 she becomes tsundere maid
Old 2020-11-30, 08:35   Link #1406
arkhangelsk

Oh, so those are the former versions? OK, I have to say this. From the viewpoint of casual fan or newcomer that treats this as the lead-in to the series, the new designs will probably be the least controversial and most suitable for Visual Novel use.

Euphoria: My personal, selfish favorite is actually the 小島大和 one, and the new 犬江しんすけ one is second, but with 小島大和 she arguably seems younger, more bubbly and all that compared to her Seinarukana version. That won't work out too well and besides I remember the 小島大和 one wasn't exactly beloved (at least here).

Myugi: I agree the new 犬江しんすけ one is uninspired next to the other ones, but at least it's competent and I can buy that being a teen. Also, while 小島大和's looks good as a key visual or light novel art, I suspect those feathers won't be such a good match if you look at her face on (the primary visual novel angle), and the feathers are so prominent I can't estimate what she'll look like without them. Unsafe. Moving on.

Hiziri: These stern-eyed types aren't my favorite. The new 犬江しんすけ version seems more mature and the other two are more teenage. This may reflect changes in intended characterization, and if we are going for the mature miko type then the new one fits the personality better, though none are fails.

Raguranju: 人丸's looks bland and doesn't make me think of the klutzy personality suggested in the description. 小島大和's is really pushing that klutzy angle but again seems to work better as a Key Visual than a Visual Novel. The new 犬江しんすけ is flexible and so can work with the noted personality.

All Temourins look the same, do they? Moving on...

Reina: I do think the 小島大和 is better, and retain my opinion on the new one, but at least it doesn't suck. 人丸's chooses its audience and I suspect the new choice is a safer one.

Since a visual novel design has to first Not Fail before it can Succeed, and as can be seen above the new one is the only set that I can give at least a pass mark to everyone, I think overall he is on the right path.

And as an aside ... Kijin? Are we now mixing in Kikouyoku Senki concepts too?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 09:15   Link #1407
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Myugi: I agree the new 犬江しんすけ one is uninspired next to the other ones, but at least it's competent and I can buy that being a teen. Also, while 小島大和's looks good as a key visual or light novel art, I suspect those feathers won't be such a good match if you look at her face on (the primary visual novel angle), and the feathers are so prominent I can't estimate what she'll look like without them. Unsafe. Moving on.
Fanan's physical age is never stated AFAIK. Also Hitomaru's and Kojima's designs aren't that different minus the feathers TBH. For comparison, Shukumei Myuugi is shown in the vid before the new designs appear. Fanan is just a fragment of her
Old 2020-11-30, 18:21   Link #1408
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Euphoria: My personal, selfish favorite is actually the 小島大和 one, and the new 犬江しんすけ one is second, but with 小島大和 she arguably seems younger, more bubbly and all that compared to her Seinarukana version. That won't work out too well and besides I remember the 小島大和 one wasn't exactly beloved (at least here).
I actually don't mind 小島大和 over 犬江しんすけ for Euphoria if it meant choosing between the former and the latter. 人丸's will always be best for me for several reasons, with the top reasons being it's easy on the eyes, is practical (aura makes armor is a minor factor), and unique with Rakios aesthetics and serves to parallel Myuugi's design that also has a Rakios-esque design. 犬江しんすけ's versions like it's trying to get the Saber appeal crowd thus comes off generic.

Quote:
As alluded, I believe there's intention parallelism between Euphoria's and Myuugi's design that likely comes from Myuugi's subconscious desire to be with Euphoria (...apart from denying her own existence and existential destruction/suffering of all things) . Which would explain why her fragments are lolis, the Rakios-ish attires, wings that contrast Euphoria. On top of that, Myuugi created a miniture garden Time Tree where Agastia resides in, and its setting and Spirits are similar to Phantasmagoria's either. I don't think that's a coincidence. Anyways, I cannot believe 犬江しんすけ got rid of the cute hat!

Quote:
Hiziri: These stern-eyed types aren't my favorite. The new 犬江しんすけ version seems more mature and the other two are more teenage. This may reflect changes in intended characterization, and if we are going for the mature miko type then the new one fits the personality better, though none are fails.
Before she became an Eternal, the Kurahashi clan tasked Hiziri with a mission when she was 15 years old. Then when she returned to her village, tragedy struck her imouto. Not sure how long she was away for, but it couldn't have been long if her imouto is still a young girl. For me, 人丸's design is cute, vibrant, youthful but with a mature, dutiful, and elegant air about her. Both 小島大和 and 犬江しんすけ aren't as graceful nor as cute, and are a bit too mature.

Quote:
Raguranju: 人丸's looks bland and doesn't make me think of the klutzy personality suggested in the description. 小島大和's is really pushing that klutzy angle but again seems to work better as a Key Visual than a Visual Novel. The new 犬江しんすけ is flexible and so can work with the noted personality.
While Raguranju right now is ditz right now due to external circumstances, she's one of the oldest living Eternals and is a vault of wisdom and knowledge. I don't think her persona is supposed to entirely klutzy, which is what 犬江しんすけ seemingly aimed for. 人丸's is more reserved on that front and is less exaggerated, but it's not without airhead potential as seen concept art of her facial expressions. One thing that bothers me most is how 小島大和 did away with her white and red color schemes. The poncho redesign is very bland too.

Quote:
All Temourins look the same, do they? Moving on...
Temuorin generally has about the same design throughout, but there's subtle difference. Mainly, it comes down to finer details that add idiosyncrasies to stand out, and 人丸 is best at that.

Quote:
Reina: I do think the 小島大和 is better, and retain my opinion on the new one, but at least it doesn't suck. 人丸's chooses its audience and I suspect the new choice is a safer one.
For Reina, I actually do think 小島大和 is best. Reina is an otaku girl from a world likes ours that's from the near future, and 小島大和 reflects that best. But 犬江しんすけ's Reina feels off-based and her color scheme that mesh well with the others is gone.

Quote:
Since a visual novel design has to first Not Fail before it can Succeed, and as can be seen above the new one is the only set that I can give at least a pass mark to everyone, I think overall he is on the right path.
I won't say 犬江しんすけ is a failure as a character designer, but given past designs, 人丸 and 小島大和 are a lot better by comparison. 人丸 simply has a huge advantage, given he's worked with the series for a long time and knows the setting and characters second best after Naofumi. Fantasy is his forte too if judging by art portfolio. But for causal or new fans just entering, 犬江しんすけ may be serviceable...to say the least.

Quote:
And as an aside ... Kijin? Are we now mixing in Kikouyoku Senki concepts too?
Are you referring to Digit? I wouldn't mind a nod to Kikouyoku Senki verse or even a connection if it meant expanding the setting more. Hello magic vs science.
Old 2020-12-02, 12:05   Link #1409
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/stat...319305217?s=19

Kamiya Yuu, writer of No Game No Life, also plays Eien Shinken O___O
Old 2020-12-02, 16:57   Link #1410
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

>Eternity Sword series
>Ikusa Megami series

Kamiya is confirmed for high culture taste. A Rance series is fine too.
Old 2020-12-03, 01:10   Link #1411
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Wait, he worships Duel Savior Justice that much?
He truly is man of the good old days.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 03:32   Link #1412
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Wait, he worships Duel Savior Justice that much?
He truly is man of the good old days.
That's because old Giga is a classic
Old 2020-12-10, 12:29   Link #1413
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW, just to confirm, the CF hasn't started yet right? The site just has the pre-exercise survey. Didn't check Takase's blog though
Old 2020-12-10, 15:51   Link #1414
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Yeah, hasn't started yet as far as I can see.
Old 2021-01-05, 02:37   Link #1415
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

New questionnaire for the CF is up.

It also serves as a popular character ranking poll of sorts. Myuu-chan, Temu, and Tokimi have my vote!
Old 2021-01-06, 03:08   Link #1416
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Regnum771 View Post
New questionnaire for the CF is up.

It also serves as a popular character ranking poll of sorts. Myuu-chan, Temu, and Tokimi have my vote!
I put Shukumei Myuugi, Narukana and Tokimi
Old 2021-01-21, 07:54   Link #1417
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh BTW, does the Shinken fandom have a Discord?
Old 2021-01-21, 22:19   Link #1418
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Hmm, Don't know. I've never seen one before. It would be cool if there was one, though.
Old 2021-01-22, 21:01   Link #1419
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Apparently Yumina has one lol
Old 2021-01-23, 02:55   Link #1420
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Where? Is it an active Discord? I might be interested, ha ha.

Speaking of Yumina, Naofumi said that Euphoria will appeal to both Eternal Sword and Kikouyoku Senki fans. He may or may not have suggested that the two verse are connected.

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel