Notices

Old 2015-01-26, 23:48   Link #181
shoyo

yeah i'm reading this as well..
Old 2015-01-27, 03:08   Link #182
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Once he learns to control his strength, I doubt any super suit in the world would be able to keep up with his strength
That depends on a number of things, most of which we don't know about this world. Honestly, though, I see Deku getting a Tower Shield to use when he becomes a Professional Hero, just because it would be useful to him (as seen already in this tournament).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
If Gagdet Girl becomes part of the main cast is Deku going to end up being Iron Man after? =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Well, she should. Her gadgets can be useful for Deku until he actually manage to control his power without killing himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshade1 View Post
Gadget girl was named, so she could become a main, but there's already soo many, that I think she'll stay as a support (just like her class)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I doubt that Hatsume/Gadget Girl will become a main. At least in the case of Deku's classmates we were already introduced to them in the first few chapters. These kids from the support class were only introduced in the more recent chapters, and unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that most of their fates will be to play second banana to the heroics class, the very thing that they're so resentful about, lol.

Well, I guess there is still the possibility that she'll get transferred to the heroics class depending on her performance, though. I just wouldn't expect her to get as much focus as Ochako or Tsuyu, is all.
Quote:
I guess that would depends on her popularity in this arc. If she turned out amazing and useful, I can see her tag along with Deku even though they are not from the same class.

I hope this series will continue focus on the academy instead of focus on bigger threat such as world destruction in the end.
I don't see Gadget Girl becoming a part of Heroics Class A. She's MUCH to interested in her Gadgets to join the Heroics Department, and honestly just wants to show them off to prospective buyers. And, if she forsees Deku being a big hit in the marketing department for her, she MIGHT become a main to try to exploit free advertising from him using stuff she created.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 04:10   Link #183
shoyo

this arc kinda reminds me of the chunnin exams in naruto.. i wonder what kind of costume will deku have as a pro..
Old 2015-01-28, 09:11   Link #184
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyo View Post
this arc kinda reminds me of the chunnin exams in naruto.. i wonder what kind of costume will deku have as a pro..
Probably a Rabbit suit
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 04:34   Link #185
marvelB

Chinese scans are out for the next chapter! Unfortunately, there isn't a summary yet at this time, so here's what I could make of it:

Spoiler for 28:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 04:52   Link #186
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for 28:
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 05:01   Link #187
theshade1

Spoiler for 28:
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 09:20   Link #188
kiak666

Just read the Chinese scans, while marvel has provided the general outline for the chapter, I would also like to add some more info as well:
Spoiler for Chapter 28:

Last edited by kiak666; 2015-01-30 at 09:52.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 15:36   Link #189
novakai

Spoiler for chapter 28:
novakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 12:24   Link #190
theshade1

Chapter's out!!

Looks like Todoroki has daddy issues?
So Ochako's lifting them all and the gadget's are only supporting her.
Class B playing the long game; also taking the piss out of Bakugou in the meantime.
Mineta and Tsuyu inside Shouji... LOL

Finally epic showdown next ch.
theshade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 12:52   Link #191
marvelB

Gotta admit, as much of an ass as Bakugou may be, I do find his rather..... colorful language quite amusing! Too bad it's pretty much guaranteed to be watered down in the official translations....

Also, I find it a bit of a shame that Mineta only focused on Deku's team, because his ability should prove to be real effective against the class B teams, too. Maybe he can do something about them next chapter...
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 15:46   Link #192
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was an interesting chapter in a lot of ways. A great combination of teamwork by Deku's team. Kind of cute moment as well with our gravity girl feeling unappreciated . They don't have to attack at all, they just have to stay on the defensive and keep running.

Props to Class B who were more intelligent about this. Yeah you can get #1 if you take that headband. But at the same time it's way easier to lock up the other spots by attacking people who are stupidly charging for the #1 spot and forgetting everything else. It's also like a lottery. The team with the headband wins, but everyone else gains no points because they didn't bother targeting anyone else.
Old 2015-01-31, 16:32   Link #193
Heat066

Things are getting really heated!

Jelly Uraraka such a cutie...and mad props for Tokoyami, even Midoriya became a fanboy!

Next chapter will be awesome, hyped for Midoriya vs Todoroki Round 2
Old 2015-01-31, 21:19   Link #194
coded321
He Who Games

One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 00:44   Link #195
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
One big question that i have about this manga is, how the heck did mineta ever get into A-class in the first place?
I think he'll surprise you.
He's also shown he has a bit of a brain if you look at his tank team.
And, his quirk is incredibly useful

PS:
He and Tsuyu appear to be getting closer.
Is that a new ship I see being built?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2015-02-01, 01:02   Link #196
coded321
He Who Games

i admit, his quirk is quite useful when he is supporting or being supported by teammates, but by itself is not suited for combat. Even he admits that he and his quirk isn't suited for combat. Basically he is best suited when working in a team rather than going solo. However, with that in mind, how was he able to perform well enough in the enrollment exam to get into A-class? From what I remember, the exam was basically about destroying as many robots as you could by yourself. Since mineta is not suited for lone combat, how was he able to fight well enough during the exam to be entered into class A, rather one of the other departments?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 01:33   Link #197
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:

PS:
OH God...I hope not. I like him, he's a very funny character...but come on, it's Tsuyu, she deserves better D:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 02:11   Link #198
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I think he'll surprise you.
He's also shown he has a bit of a brain if you look at his tank team.
And, his quirk is incredibly useful

PS:
That was a lame ship. Tsuyu deserves better man. Heck, even Ka-chan is better choice here. Hope the writer knew that.

Mineta? I think this guys probably were from a rich family and his parents bribed HARD the organization to let their child enter CLASS A, otherwise, this doesn't make sense at all for him to enter the CLASS A with a quirk that offers 0 damage.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 11:58   Link #199
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakai View Post
Spoiler for chapter 28:
does thta mean his mom is a ice girl?
he remained me of Flazzard
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-01, 12:16   Link #200
ranchan13

Quote:
That was a lame ship. Tsuyu deserves better man. Heck, even Ka-chan is better choice here. Hope the writer knew that.
I agree, it's a lame ship, but those two have been getting pushed together a bit early on.

Anyways, I think Mineta probably found a way to use his quirk to Kill Steal during the entrance exams. Maybe he earned points by sticking the robots in place to prevent movement while they attacked others, or to lock them in place for an attack. We don't rightfully know what he did during the exam though. Our first introduction to him was during the villains arrival.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot