AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 04:01   Link #501
blewin

I'm seriously disappointed with the premise of the latest arc. Even though it's about the acrbaleno, the format is exactly the same. Fight a one on one battle (or two on one) step by step until we've the last winner...

the plot is getting vvvvvvvvvvvvery repetitive.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:14   Link #502
LazyHunter

Good god, Byakuran and the 6 Funeral Wreaths are going to be Yuni's representative! And now all the important characters from the past arcs are reuniting for one tournament. This might be a good arc, at least I expect it to be better than the last one.

And Fon is the only Arcobaleno wihtout representative. I think he will get Hibari to help him metioning Mukuro is going to participate. Hopefully Kawahira will show up and we'll get an explanation about him.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 11:17   Link #503
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post

the plot is getting vvvvvvvvvvvvery repetitive.
I thought the same thing but remember this is shounen fighting manga genre, so theyre gonna fight I skipped most of the last arc only got into this one since I saw a pic of Mukuro and Byakuran. The art has once again returned to its former glory so thats the basis of why Im reading it right now Plus the one fight I want to see is Hibari v Mukuro.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 08:40   Link #504
ronin myael
lost ronin

i only read this manga out of habit. but frankly, i'm nearing my limit! she should have just ended the series, there seems to be little or no purpose to it anymore. what's the point of this arc anyway? the fights are all the same. they fight to gain something, compete for something. it's like a game. the arcobaleno mystery is intriguing but the plot device is getting old. can't she think of another way to go about this other than having another "fight game"? it's so lame!
Old 2011-10-15, 09:42   Link #505
Aesthetic Shampoo

I agree. I'm wistfully remembering the first half of the future arc right now, before the real 6 funeral wreaths were revealed. Damn...that was the shit.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 12:17   Link #506
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, the arcobaleno story is intriguing, but why not just deal with Checkerface directly? Having every single villain and ally in the series have a free-for-all incurs many flaws, of which I'll only point out two:
1) It will be longer than LOOOOOONGCAT!
2) We pretty much know everyone's abilities, character, and fighting methods...what's new to offer?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 17:31   Link #507
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Good god, Byakuran and the 6 Funeral Wreaths are going to be Yuni's representative! And now all the important characters from the past arcs are reuniting for one tournament. This might be a good arc, at least I expect it to be better than the last one.

And Fon is the only Arcobaleno wihtout representative. I think he will get Hibari to help him metioning Mukuro is going to participate. Hopefully Kawahira will show up and we'll get an explanation about him.
I think he'll get ipins uncle whatever that guy's called... I'm pretty sure we'll see a total surprise for Fon's rep
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 10:09   Link #508
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
what's new to offer?
nothing. personally, i would like to meet new characters instead of pooling all the characters from the past arcs. byakuran and his lackeys have long worn out their welcome in my opinion. this feels like a reunion of sorts, a reunion that i'm not too keen on seeing.

why not stick to the arcobaleno and their issues. why not let them fight amongst themselves? the pacifier breaking reason feels like a convenient way to not let them fight and give the spotlight to tsuna and his friends...again! i would like to see the arcobaleno fight, especially in their adult forms. why not have them transform back to their original state just for the fight and whoever wins gets to keep the transformation permanent? they're the only ones whose fighting capabilities weren't revealed yet.
Old 2011-11-04, 22:14   Link #509
Johnny
Working the bags...

Just a question to those that's read further then chapter 15. Does it get any better then the same mundane stuff that's been happening for the first 15 chapters? Pertaining to the ever repeating Tsuna acts cowardly over anything then gets shot with a bullet. Followed by him running around in his underwear doing some over the top whatever. Finally reverting back to his coward self. Also does he remain everyone's personal doormat especially Reborn's or does he finally grow a spine at some point...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 22:28   Link #510
Aesthetic Shampoo

It turns into a typical shounen action battle manga.
Old 2011-11-05, 16:31   Link #511
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the response, but I got to ch 26 or 27 and he's still the biggest pussy male lead I think I've read in awhile and dropped it. How the hell this is still 300+ chapters ongoing is beyond me...
Old 2011-11-05, 20:22   Link #512
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Thanks for the response, but I got to ch 26 or 27 and he's still the biggest pussy male lead I think I've read in awhile and dropped it. How the hell this is still 300+ chapters ongoing is beyond me...
It started having the hero become more badass after about chapter 60…

Last edited by FDW; 2011-11-06 at 00:35.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 23:33   Link #513
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Just a question to those that's read further then chapter 15. Does it get any better then the same mundane stuff that's been happening for the first 15 chapters? Pertaining to the ever repeating Tsuna acts cowardly over anything then gets shot with a bullet. Followed by him running around in his underwear doing some over the top whatever. Finally reverting back to his coward self. Also does he remain everyone's personal doormat especially Reborn's or does he finally grow a spine at some point...?
tsuna is by far my least favorite shonen lead ever, he's a whiner, a coward and far too idealistic for my taste. but he's not the reason why i read it, i read it for the arcobaleno and their secrets. it does get better but the fights are all the same. amano akira doesn't really know how to write a proper fight scene so she opts to create these tournament-type battles where the winner gets to gain a prize or something of the sort. it's not like naruto where you get a certain amount of darkness in the plot or one piece where the plot gets pretty complicated and epic after the initial silliness. reborn gets a bit serious after the first few chapters but it doesn't get that serious if you know what i mean. i don't blame you for dropping the manga and i won't convince you to pick it up again.
Old 2011-11-07, 06:58   Link #514
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

I see Fon winning the competition
Old 2011-11-07, 08:04   Link #515
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
tsuna is by far my least favorite shonen lead ever, he's a whiner, a coward and far too idealistic for my taste. but he's not the reason why i read it, i read it for the arcobaleno and their secrets. it does get better but the fights are all the same. amano akira doesn't really know how to write a proper fight scene so she opts to create these tournament-type battles where the winner gets to gain a prize or something of the sort. it's not like naruto where you get a certain amount of darkness in the plot or one piece where the plot gets pretty complicated and epic after the initial silliness. reborn gets a bit serious after the first few chapters but it doesn't get that serious if you know what i mean. i don't blame you for dropping the manga and i won't convince you to pick it up again.
The first half of the future arc, before the real 6 funeral wreaths were introduced. Why, why, why can't she write something like that again? Even if the fights were still the same, the suspense and plot twists put a completely new edge to the manga...then she went back to tournament thingies ( in this case, the Choice game). I feel somewhat sad that she doesn't write good (better?) material despite her capabilities of doing so.
Old 2011-11-10, 14:23   Link #516
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Skull has been mocked so much throughout the series that I really wonder if he's gonna be okay...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:33   Link #517
spikexp

Well, if he is an Arcobaleno, it must be for a reason.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 15:01   Link #518
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

i might read the entire manga afterall, just to see hibari saying "ill bite u to death XDD"
Old 2011-11-12, 18:17   Link #519
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
Had a cold this past week so I was bored and picked it back up where FDW suggested Tsuna started to get his act together. Well actually things didn't start to get better until the beginning of the 100's and actually started to get really interesting when they were sent into the future...

I agree with your take on the tournament style battles. They do get mundane after a while. Although the fights themselves are enjoyable. I see something similar coming with the way things are going with the inheritance arc. Seeing how there's new people to match up against Tsuna's group...

With that said I finished up the future arc and started the next inheritance arc. The only thing I could do was just shake my head in disgust. It's like one of them resets have been used on Tsuna. He's exactly the same whiny little coward as he was in chapter one. What happened to the resolve he had in the future? I normally am very lenient and give a character a chance, but damn 280 something chapters is far past my leniency. What a truly pathetic character...

The only thing I can think that keeps this thing going is the side characters. Most of them are great and quite entertaining. I'd put Tsuna back in that coffin for good and let someone else take the main character role...

Ok got through the inheritance arc and once again like ronin myael pointed out another tournament fight with a prize in the end. It's like watching the NCAA tournament 24/7. After awhile it'll get boring with the same stuff over and over. Why not toss in something new and give us a brawl out of nowhere that's unsuspecting. Not some predictable A vs B ect ect showdown...

Last edited by Johnny; 2011-11-13 at 00:56. Reason: Updating...
Old 2011-11-15, 04:20   Link #520
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Ok got through the inheritance arc and once again like ronin myael pointed out another tournament fight with a prize in the end. It's like watching the NCAA tournament 24/7. After awhile it'll get boring with the same stuff over and over. Why not toss in something new and give us a brawl out of nowhere that's unsuspecting. Not some predictable A vs B ect ect showdown...
exactly! why not let the guardians fight amongst themselves or have something that would break up that mafia family, create a new kind of tension that has nothing to do with winning something? the whole series is so predictable. and now they're letting the arcobaleno fight this new "tournament". not that i'm complaining, i do want to see the arcobaleno fight as their adult selves, but i know how this would end too. someone will win and no one will die. in the end they'll all be friends.

Tags
action, shonen