AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-01-27, 23:28   Link #81
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

4 months late, I've finally gotten around to playing the entire game.

I agree with everyone that the murders in Chapters 2 and 4 were kind of weak compared to the rest but the actual class trial drama was top notch all throughout. The only character I didn't like was Korekiyo; Kirumi also didn't leave a good impression on me but mostly due to not spending more time with her.

Just a for a comment on the murders: it was fairly straightforward to predict who was up for getting murdered and who would become suspects in each chapter. It all depended entirely upon whether a character had access to their Ultimate lab. It's not a perfect indicator but it was true for most of the characters.

And finally, Chapter 6:

Spoilers
Spoiler for Chapter 6 End Game, Plot Twist and Oh My God Kodaka!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So all in all, an unforgettable experience that was worth my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Finally done with my ending analysis. Obviously, read it only once you are done with the game.
I am in agreement with most (but not all) of this. I still have yet to figure out what it means that Amami Rantarou was present at the beginning of the prologue along with everyone else when it is established in Chapter 6 that:
Spoiler for ch6:

Something just doesn't add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
In the end both writers declined to give a straight path to the "truth" because both games relied on the idea of pitting "truth against lies" and which one the viewer ultimately believed in. That being said, the problem with what Ryukishi did is that he never gave any semblance of an answer, whether truth or lies, and asked the reader to make one themselves. That is to say, IMHO, he never really pointed in a direction and told us to navigate from there, especially since that cast pretty much went on to kill the metaworld representation of the viewers who tried to search for this truth. The notebook was ultimately never opened, and the mystery remains unknown to all but Ryukishi to this day.
Err, you must have missed this but the manga version of Umineko EP 7-8 gave the complete canon solution of everything that happened in games 1-4 as well as the "true version" of events.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-01-28 at 04:01.
Old 2018-03-08, 15:13   Link #82
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Now I have a feeling Kibot is going to die, not killed by other but killing himself for the sake of hope.
Kind of like Sakura did.
Goddammit!
Old 2021-12-19, 08:58   Link #83
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://www.facebook.com/miodaislife...56205455873022

This is terrible. RIP to Kaede's CV