AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-04-12, 12:06   Link #51961
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He wasn't ambitious enough to aim for something better?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 12:11   Link #51962
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
He wasn't ambitious enough to aim for something better?
What better? In terms of close range combat, I'm pretty sure that White Knight is at the top.

Beside, he still has to do maintenance on the cyborgs you know.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 12:34   Link #51963
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I dunno something better? Use your imagination man. I'm pretty sure you can think of something interesting. I already built my armory.
Old 2014-04-12, 12:48   Link #51964
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
I dunno something better? Use your imagination man. I'm pretty sure you can think of something interesting. I already built my armory.
Dude, Cyborg tech in MGR is already ridiculous as it is. Their tech progression is even more absurd. I'm actually trying to tone it down because if left alone, there's a chance that in IS would be obsolete.

Beside, it's the bosses that requires imagination. I have an idea for Squall's IS: One of it ability is based on Gates of Babylon. Meaning that Golden Dawn have a really really large memory space.
Old 2014-04-12, 12:58   Link #51965
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Unless your cyborg can fly and ignore gravity indefinitely as well as the law of inertia then you don't have to worry about IS becoming obsolete. Your cyborgs need to tank anti-tank rounds too equivalent to the Garm or was it Vent of the Rafaels? Then there's Tatenashi's water manipulation.

It's your choice if you don't want to step up but even if the cyborgs outdo IS in raw power, the sheer utility of IS far outstrips cyborgs.
Old 2014-04-12, 13:06   Link #51966
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Unless your cyborg can fly and ignore gravity indefinitely as well as the law of inertia then you don't have to worry about IS becoming obsolete. Your cyborgs need to tanl anti-tank rounds too equivalent to the Garm or was it Vent of the Rafaels? Then there's Tatenashi's water manipulation.

It's your choice if you don't want to step up but even if the cyborgs outdo IS in raw power, the sheer utility of IS far outstrips cyborgs.
It's not that I don't want to step up, but I'm trying to make thing somewhat balances.

Not to mention that there's actually a way for Cyborgs to fly. They can use Sliders (http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Slider) to actually fly around.

My idea is that in close range combat and reaction speeds, Cyborgs win. But in versatility (long range, mid range, special tricks), IS win.
Old 2014-04-12, 13:11   Link #51967
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well it's your choice. I was just hoping for something interesting..
Old 2014-04-12, 13:12   Link #51968
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Well it's your choice. I was just hoping for something interesting..
Do you have any idea then? I'm in the middle of a big writer's block right now and just to write that snippet took a lot of time from me.
Old 2014-04-12, 13:28   Link #51969
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I personally haven't played MGR yet but I've followed every single trailer that came out so I have an idea of the weapon at Raiden's disposal. I focused mostly on Raiden's sword and the mechanical scabbard. So I came up with something rejected by the resident hard science guys of the thread. Basically metals that shouldn't exist. Metals that have properties that are impossible.

A metal with the properties of extreme hardness to the point even the molecules barely move. It lends the metal extremely cold temperatures approaching absolute 0.

A metal that plasmolizes the second it comes in contact with energy. From pure kinetic force, the metal amplifies that force within itself into a self-driven vibration blade.

The scabbard can forge various swords pending on the data inputted. It makes use of IS equalizer technology but specifically reverse engineered to create these imossible metals. These impossible metals are results of an error in equalizer materialization of metal due to a problem in data to material transcription.

The data that produced these errors is stored along with samples of them in an IS research center's secret vault known simply as the "Jewelry Box".

That's my armory. And I have more than just 2 swords.
Old 2014-04-12, 14:15   Link #51970
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

I'm sorry but I just don't think it's possible. And some of them just sounds impractical.
Old 2014-04-12, 19:20   Link #51971
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Neither did a giant machette pincer, arm spear and magnetic sai, but who's complaining?
Old 2014-04-12, 21:31   Link #51972
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Just rewatched ep 9 again and realized the Japanese term for the Golems is "MuJinki IS"...

...It's all going to plan. So much better than I expected. I won't even need to explain myself anymore. (heh heh heh)

Last edited by wavehawk; 2014-04-12 at 22:35.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 00:43   Link #51973
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Damn you old man
I know what you're planning

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2014-04-13 at 01:17.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 01:30   Link #51974
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIMESAMA View Post
I won't argue with that.
But speaking of powerful IS, the Self-Aware IS or SAIS in your fic, they scare me at times whenever I re-read the chapters where they do battle with the protagonists. And they scare me even more when I knew that the first two that attacked where just holding back, geez what happens if they go all out.
Anyway can you at least post one of the abilities of the SAIS leader, Justice, just a request.
Justice is the final boss in Truth be Told and the most powerful among her siblings.
She is OP for a reason.

Most of Justice's abilities lie on complete control and manipulation of the forces around her. Here is some of her abilities (this still needs refinement).
Omniscience:
The name speaks for itself. Justice's ability to constantly evolve herself further allowed her to know and understand all there is to know.
Law Manipulation:
Having full understanding of every process, characteristics
Justice can manipulate the laws of matter and energy, basically the laws of physics.
But she can manipulate things further. She can ban certain laws to her advantage. Like disrupt gravity, nullify momentum, manipulate temperature, control pressure, warp space, bend all matter to her will, etc.....
Laws of Change:
This ability of Justice inclines to changing the logical outcome of all processes. This ability relies on her Law Manipulation ability. After completely manipulating one certain law, Laws of Change kicks in. This allows Justice to either nullify or rewrite that law to her own discretion.
Dimensional Dominion:
Justice can tear through dimensional barriers and create gaps and entrances to other material of ethereal dimension. This ability also enables her to destroy the divide between dimensions, causing a collision of all things present in those two dimensions.

This is just some of Justice's abilities. Tell me what you think.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 01:33   Link #51975
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Damn you old man
I know what you're planning
- Do you?

Remember this?
Quote:
No sooner had he taken a few steps when a figure stood in his way.

He stopped and took a breath. 'Drop dead gorgeous' was going through Dan's head the moment he saw her approach him. Her hair was long and black, and in the light it almost melded with the equally dark cloak she wore on her shoulders. Despite the cloak, he could make out her curves from the form-fitting sweater she wore underneath. Her eyes were sly, and Dan could not be sure whether his heart was beating fast in love or in fear.

Is that a sword? He gulped. "Who're you?" A half-second later: "Can I have your phone number?"

There was a chuckle in her voice, as the edge of her lips broke into a slight smile. "Shima, Ryoko." Her eyes focused on his chest, and Dan realized it was the envelope in his jacket pocket she was staring at. "Are you Orimura Ichika?"
...where do you THINK Ryoko Shima comes from?
Old 2014-04-13, 01:57   Link #51976
OHIMESAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Justice is the final boss in Truth be Told and the most powerful among her siblings.
She is OP for a reason.

Most of Justice's abilities lie on complete control and manipulation of the forces around her. Here is some of her abilities (this still needs refinement).
Omniscience:
The name speaks for itself. Justice's ability to constantly evolve herself further allowed her to know and understand all there is to know.
Law Manipulation:
Having full understanding of every process, characteristics
Justice can manipulate the laws of matter and energy, basically the laws of physics.
But she can manipulate things further. She can ban certain laws to her advantage. Like disrupt gravity, nullify momentum, manipulate temperature, control pressure, warp space, bend all matter to her will, etc.....
Laws of Change:
This ability of Justice inclines to changing the logical outcome of all processes. This ability relies on her Law Manipulation ability. After completely manipulating one certain law, Laws of Change kicks in. This allows Justice to either nullify or rewrite that law to her own discretion.
Dimensional Dominion:
Justice can tear through dimensional barriers and create gaps and entrances to other material of ethereal dimension. This ability also enables her to destroy the divide between dimensions, causing a collision of all things present in those two dimensions.

This is just some of Justice's abilities. Tell me what you think.
Now I'm officially terrified of her.
But wait! How will the cast even touch her when her powers are basically that of a god!?
How will Ichika even touch her if the two of them square off in the end!?
I'm predicting that Ichika's Reiraku Byakuya will be the key to Ichika surviving a confrontation with Justice.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 02:06   Link #51977
OHIMESAMA

Or maybe you'll give him another ability to cut through Justice's power? I'm really curious about this!
Or maybe the four knights, Shirokishi, Kurokishi, Aokishi (Setsura) and Hiirokishi, inside Ichika's IS will make a new form for Byakushiki to suit to cataclysmic confrontation against Justice?
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 03:17   Link #51978
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> tons of troll mail
> tons of comment on grammar
> notgiveafuck.jpg

Spoiler for Mirrorverse 08 part 2:
Old 2014-04-13, 03:18   Link #51979
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Next short bit. Listenign to the Frozen Synapse soundtrack while working on the fic, so don't bee too surprised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SmCNi5eVs
Quote:
"Where the hell are all my knives?"

Kokuto grimaced but remained quiet. The very first thing they saw upon arriving was a home
utterly ransacked. Just a day ago, the National Police headed by the Koanchosa-cho had
swooped into their little apartment and took most of the equipment there. Haruko's orders
from Johohonbu HQ were to allow them full access. The result being that her desktop, hard
drives, and files were all confiscated. Even articles of clothing were strewn about. Seeing
this, <Ren> had immediately wanted to check on her inventory of blades.

The closet and the secret drawers were ripped out. Nothing of value was left.

"Figures." Had the situation not been so grim, Kokuto would have laughed at <Ren>'s pained
expression. "Even the bread knives?"

"Bread knives. Letter openers. Ballpoint pens. My hard drives. Post-it notes." Haruko pulled
up a chair, one of the things the heavy-handed search did not take. She droped into the seat
with weary frustration. "They even took my coffee from the fridge, those greedy pigs."

"And you did nothing."

"I'm an analyst. I analyze." Haruko bent her head forward, the lowest stoop and glare she
could manage. "You're the field agent."

<Ren> continued to stare at the room. The pain in her right arm returned, aggravating her
mood. Had she a knife, it would have been sunk deep in the head of a police officer. Any
police officer.

"The Ministry of Justice is holding an inquiry. The Koanchosa-cho have us by the balls. The
whole Johohonbu are in too much trouble to complain about it," Kokuto grumbled, taking off
her glasses to massage her aching skull. Aside from a can of coffee, Kokuto was wishing for
a gun all the more now. If only to put it to her own head and pull the trigger. Between
<Ren> and the shuffling insanity that was Japanese inter-service bureaucracy, Haruko was
either going to commit suicide or go on a homicidal rampage. Preferably both, though not
necesarily in that order. "I'm just waiting for the punchline. Where they sacrifice us both
to save their hides."

Kokuto's phone rang at that moment.

"Nice punchline." <Ren> snapped off, earning her a cold stare.

"Kokuto." Haruko answered, sitting up a little straighter. "Yes sir, they've already been
through here." Her posture became more taut at the next question. "Uh, yes sir. She's right
here." Blinking, she looked at <Ren> in amazement. Then, she offered her phone to the girl,
which <Ren> seemed unable to understand.

"He wants to speak to you."

"Me." <Ren> could see that Kokuto was not kidding.

Cautious. <Ren> picked the phone from Haruko's hand, and slowly put it to her ear. She took
in a breath as she listened to the disembodied voice on the other end.
Old 2014-04-13, 04:01   Link #51980
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

SEED, did you intentionally or not using a Muv-Luv gag?

Still doing the one-shot. It's hard to think what kind of topic would you talk to your friends' killer.

- Reason to kill

- Obsesstion with gun

- Combat

- Personal life

- Hygiene, Passtime,... - prisoner topic

- Apology

And I suddenly has the urge to rewrite the whole OYW, Gryps and the Neo Zeon Rebellion.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest