AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2014-11-14, 10:30   Link #21
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
I assumed as much...

His "gift" is like that of an immortal, therefore the story will most definitely show it several times throughout in as many possible (and usually painful) ways.

Hmm, so I guess the main girl is aware of his power? He must have kept on rambling like a crazy person every loop then. It is an interesting take on uncontrolled "save points" and it's very negative aspects.
Old 2014-11-14, 10:40   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
I assumed as much...

His "gift" is like that of an immortal, therefore the story will most definitely show it several times throughout in as many possible (and usually painful) ways.

Hmm, so I guess the main girl is aware of his power? He must have kept on rambling like a crazy person every loop then. It is an interesting take on uncontrolled "save points" and it's very negative aspects.
He can't.
Spoiler:

Even when people blame him for making a choice that seems bad from their POV he can't even give out the reason, so this really torments him. You won't come across a character that he can share his secret until waaaaay later.

Last edited by aohige; 2014-11-14 at 14:29.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 11:18   Link #23
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oh, I guess so far the whole light novel is basically the MCs personal express pain train of BAD ENDs. Good to know.

Color me intrigued...
Old 2014-11-14, 14:07   Link #24
Silentwolfie

Quite frankly I pondered on

だが、それでも――、

「俺が、必ず――」

――お前を、救ってみせる。

for quite some time.

A) He didn't know he was going to have the revival powers the very first time.
B) Yet he still said "I will definitely save you".

I honestly think there's some subtle meaning to it, and it's more romantic to think that he acknowledges he's going to die without saving her, but says these lines in the hopes of saving her anyway because he wants it that much.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-16, 23:44   Link #25
Karoshi
Forgetful Daydreamer

First chapter of the manga adaption got translated. Guess I gotta release the translations faster.
Karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 08:01   Link #26
Silentwolfie

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cm...inichi+Hen.rar

I uploaded my own version about 2 days ago which contains ch 1 and ch 3, a mistake that I made was thinking the protagonist bought apples, but he didn't buy it at all. (I replaced that error.) If there are any other areas anyone wants to point out, they can reply to me and I'll change it.

The mistake in question まさかリンゴ買えんとは should actually be (まさかリンゴ買えないとは) after considering the context, I'm bad at this when the characters speak informally.

After comparing my own version with the one time-scans, I can't say I like their version because they omit details, made some TL errors as well and the treatment is kind of sloppy for a series that I really think is good.

Edit: Another mistake I found, I wrote amateur in one of the bad guy's bubbles, but googling it further reveals that it's 尼 (Original meaning is "Nun", but the explanation offered from the net is that this word has a relevance/resemblance to "Woman"), and so クソ Shit(ty) + アマ (Nun) = What the heck is with this woman (angry).

Basically クソアマ = shitty bitch. ~_~ Oops such a big boo boo.

「クソアマ」の「アマ」の部分は、女性をののしって言う言葉です。もとは「尼」でしたが、この意味では「女 」とも書くようです。「クソ」もののしる言葉ですから、結局「クソアマ」とは「なんだこの女(怒)」みたい な意味ですかね。

Last edited by Silentwolfie; 2014-11-17 at 10:35.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-17, 17:33   Link #27
lancelot1

Hey saw your post here and thought I should mention this. It seems one time scans say in their website that this is a version 1 of the manga and they are planning to release a v2 soon with a better quality in the pr etc. It seems like it cause in their credits they don't have a quality check so it seems they released it in a hurry.

My guess is that they wanted to do a fast release in fear someone else might pick it up and they would release normally after that. At least thats what I am guessing..their other projects seem of good quality they did accel world and their spin offs.
lancelot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 05:48   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just read the 1st chapter of the manga. Looks interesting.
Can't wait for the 2nd chapter.
Old 2014-11-18, 08:51   Link #29
The One Above God
Kamijou

So...then it's similar to NT9 with a LOT more detail, huh? I can already feel pity towards the MC.(just read the first chapter of Manga)

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:24   Link #30
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
I can already feel pity towards the MC.
He gets into a lot of shit moments that he really doesn't deserve, but a lot of others are his own damn fault and stupidity.
Spoiler for :
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 10:48   Link #31
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Slice of life? Harem? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slice of limbs, guts, gizzards, legs, sanity, and insane amounts of blood maybe.

Oh boy, your imagination is far from what this novel is actually like.
It's pretty hard core. Especially the third arc. There's no way I could keep sanity in his shoes, absolutely no way.

This isn't your average "hero saves the day with his uber OP superpower so everyone can ride his dick" novel, thank god.
Nope, the author will make him suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, then suffer more until he finally finds a way to make everything click together.
It's more like Okabe from Steins;gate, just 10x more sadistically written.
Spoiler for Reaction:

This sounds absolutely wonderful.
Old 2014-12-06, 06:42   Link #32
suiken

Stumbled in the manga recently so I checked this out. Seems interesting. I'm always in for a Steins; Gate plot.

Last edited by suiken; 2014-12-06 at 06:53.
suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 10:31   Link #33
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Just saw the manga awhile ago and it's really a pleasure to see this title at this media format.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-12-06, 13:40   Link #34
Karoshi
Forgetful Daydreamer

A quick notification that chapter 1 translations of the novel will be delayed due to finals.
Karoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 17:34   Link #35
Lord C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cm...inichi+Hen.rar

I uploaded my own version about 2 days ago which contains ch 1 and ch 3, a mistake that I made was thinking the protagonist bought apples, but he didn't buy it at all. (I replaced that error.) If there are any other areas anyone wants to point out, they can reply to me and I'll change it.

The mistake in question まさかリンゴ買えんとは should actually be (まさかリンゴ買えないとは) after considering the context, I'm bad at this when the characters speak informally.

After comparing my own version with the one time-scans, I can't say I like their version because they omit details, made some TL errors as well and the treatment is kind of sloppy for a series that I really think is good.

Edit: Another mistake I found, I wrote amateur in one of the bad guy's bubbles, but googling it further reveals that it's 尼 (Original meaning is "Nun", but the explanation offered from the net is that this word has a relevance/resemblance to "Woman"), and so クソ Shit(ty) + アマ (Nun) = What the heck is with this woman (angry).

Basically クソアマ = shitty bitch. ~_~ Oops such a big boo boo.

「クソアマ」の「アマ」の部分は、女性をののしって言う言葉です。もとは「尼」でしたが、この意味では「女 」とも書くようです。「クソ」もののしる言葉ですから、結局「クソアマ」とは「なんだこの女(怒)」みたい な意味ですかね。
My like, take it
Old 2014-12-07, 00:22   Link #36
XFire
150% done

Where's my despair? I WAS PROMISED DESPAIR!!!!!
Old 2014-12-07, 01:31   Link #37
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karoshi View Post
A quick notification that chapter 1 translations of the novel will be delayed due to finals.
It's alright just take your time.... btw thanks for the effort you are giving.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-12-08, 10:27   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So chapter 2 of the manga came out.
Can't wait to see the duo's journey to the Ghetto.
Old 2015-02-14, 16:45   Link #39
Jorna

Can I ask a link to read the translated version of this series?
Jorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 16:56   Link #40
Amario

Is this still being translated? if not and there is a translator who wishes to pick this up, I can provide the raw novel scans (volume 1-5+)

I may just release the scans at some point if I am bothered. ^_^
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, not harem, reborn, thriller, time travel, webnovel