AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 33 Rating
Perfect 10 6 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-21, 17:57   Link #41
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
I agree totally. They seemed fine with each other to the point of being friend uptil now.
Although I can easily see them disagreeing, it getting that heated and both of them being THAT bitter just seemed crowbarred in.
I don't think so actually. This not the first time this has happened. Soul and B*S had tried match the Wavelengths together in episode 6, but it ended in failure and Soul even went as far as to state if kept doing that he would hate him.

The training worked a similar way only it was Meister to Meister channeling their Wavelengths instead of Meister to Weapon.

Quote:
As much as i like Maka as a character, she's consistantly been the least reliable in a battle past episode one. She just always seems to push herself way to hard, way too fast. Like she's so eager to prove herself that she's constantly doing totally reckless things. I mean, comeon, leaping off a bridge to finish an opponent that was already beaten?
She hasn't any more reckless than other two have been and Free wasn't defeated yet since she only cut off his which been cased with ice.

B*S charged Free with weapon he hadn't gotten use to and knocked himself. If Free had planning to attack him he be dead.

Kid back in episode 3 sat there taking beatings for inane reasons from the Pharoh before came out of his coffin not to mention he got distracted looking at sun back in episode 15 letitng Crona and the Flying Dutchman escape.

Quote:
It sounds like you're letting your biased shape your reasoning here. I can understand WHY Maka reacted that way, it still doesnt make it cool. B*S has had that show-boating style from the beginning, and all of a sudden Maka decides she's going to throw a tantrum and try to get him thrown out of class because of it? Lame.
Like Flare Knight and I pointed out there was more to it this time, plus B*S horrible record of matching his Wavelength to anyone, but Tsubaki who matches herself to HIM. There was no way that this was going to be an easy process.

Quote:
Mifune couldnt have been holding back really, despite what Angela said, Mifune's mistake was sparing him. He was trying to protect Angela, so I doubt he was fighting with kid's gloves just for some random kid simply because B*S was a kid,too. That would be dumb because in the end, losing to B*S would mean he'd get Angela killed in the end anyways. That "holding back" thing is just bs to hype up Mifune's powers the second time around. He had to be fighting seriously enough to win or else he'd be risking Angela's life for no reason.
Except, even B*S admitted, Mifune had back, when spare his life half-way through the fight by attacking with blunt side of his sword. Mifune had been stronger than B*S then and he still is now. That doesn't mean it can't change, but this where it stands now.

Quote:
It was a lesson, ofcourse he wasnt trying to kill but he still fought them head on. It's not as if he's pulling punches just because he wasnt going for the kill. If anything held him back, it was fighting without a weapon.
Stein didn't need a Weapon to defeat B*S and Maka, with their inexprience and undeveloped combat ability at that point, they didn't stand much of a chance.

Quote:
Maka does the exact same thing. The only difference is B*S gets distracted by his constant bragging during fights. Maka gets distracted by her constant self doubt or need to prove herself and reach the next plateu.
But those had only happened during the times when she was fight Crona.
She wasn't like that when she faught Jack the Ripper, Sid, Free, Giriko and Arachne (when she was inside the Golem). While Maka definitley isn't perfect she is certainly the most competent of the 3 which why she's chosen as the leader.

B*S brags with nearly every opponent he fights, it's his quirk. The Masamune arc is one few times when he was serious and he was great there, along with the second fight with Mifune. He truly shines he gets to that point, but it's not very often he does that.

Quote:
This is, B*S was being a total brat and Maka could've easily handled that by just letting him have his way so they could get through the lesson, because passing is more important than her personal ego.
The TSR training doesn't work that way, and the point was Maka had to accept him for who he is or, they wouldn't get anywhere.

Quote:
Instead, she reacted just immaturely and tried to deck him, then trying to get him kicked out. Once that didnt work, she actually ran off, risking ALL of her teammates getting thrown out of class because of her emotional whims.
Except that was a result of B*S instigating her to fight to him when she was already angry with him. If B*S cared about getting on with the training he did poor showing of it which why Tsubaki smack him on his head. He just just as big of a part to play in as she did.
Old 2008-11-22, 03:05   Link #42
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
Kid back in episode 3 sat there taking beatings for inane reasons from the Pharoh before came out of his coffin not to mention he got distracted looking at sun back in episode 15 letitng Crona and the Flying Dutchman escape.
Kid has OCD, it's not like he's just goofing around and even considering that, he's hardly reckless. You never see Kid charge in blind the way u see Maka and B*S do.
Quote:
I don't think so actually. This not the first time this has happened. Soul and B*S had tried match the Wavelengths together in episode 6, but it ended in failure and Soul even went as far as to state if kept doing that he would hate him.
That was a dramatic line to add the dramatic/psuedo romantic stuff Soul was spouting. But even considering that, Maka later has the exact same problem with Soul during the Free fight, so it's hardly a problem distinctive to B*S or something you can blame on him.
Quote:
Except, even B*S admitted, Mifune had back, when spare his life half-way through the fight by attacking with blunt side of his sword. Mifune had been stronger than B*S then and he still is now. That doesn't mean it can't change, but this where it stands now.
Having a chance to kill someone=/=outclassing them in a fighting skill
Quote:
But those had only happened during the times when she was fight Crona.
During the Free fight she lost her cool and wouldnt listen to anyone else's pleas to stop fighting and tried to force control over the Soul scythe and ended up burning her hands. And she didnt overcome it during the fight, she just fought with her hands being burned and the scythe being really heavy.
Quote:
B*S brags with nearly every opponent he fights, it's his quirk. The Masamune arc is one few times when he was serious and he was great there, along with the second fight with Mifune. He truly shines he gets to that point, but it's not very often he does that.
You're acting like he didnt take out that villager possessed by Tsubaki's brother. He brags, gets kicked around until he gets serious, then wins the fight almost all always so far. The 2nd Mifune fight is the only exception and you can argue, he didnt lose since he was still willing to keep going, he just got interrupted.
Quote:
The TSR training doesn't work that way, and the point was Maka had to accept him for who he is or, they wouldn't get anywhere.
I really took the point of that test, being more along the line of "you dont have to understand each other, you just have to TRUST each other."
I never said B*S wasnt to blame, but it was defintely Maka who held them up .
Old 2008-11-22, 05:21   Link #43
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

It's getting longer and more interesting here. *looks above*
I can't say anything since I couldn't follow what you two arguing here.

What I know is , Maka and BlackStar both have a bad temper.
Old 2008-11-22, 05:26   Link #44
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

lol. :nods in agreement:
Old 2008-11-22, 05:48   Link #45
Zirdante

"But, that wasn't what the issue was about, since Stein didn't choose her as until after training was complete, also she isn't far him in strength anyway."

Think it has something to do with Kid's and black star's soul's going into maka which made her the best suited for leader?
Old 2008-11-22, 06:51   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Kid has OCD, it's not like he's just goofing around and even considering that, he's hardly reckless. You never see Kid charge in blind the way u see Maka and B*S do.
What? Getting yourself beating to death while worring hell out patners "is playing around"? He's OCD is exactly what makes him unreilable, spazing out during missions isn't anymore reckless.

BTW, Maka does not charge her opponents, that's B*S game. Her issues are related more to a lack-confidence in her own abilities, ever since the fight Crona.

Quote:
That was a dramatic line to add the dramatic/psuedo romantic stuff Soul was spouting.
It's not though and certainly applies because doing anything different than any other Meister and Weapon combo. The thing about comedy in SE is that it carries always an element of truth. Kid being beat up by Mummy in episode 3 due raging OCD is an example, his OCD will cause him to do stupid things depend on whats going on.

Quote:
But even considering that, Maka later has the exact same problem with Soul during the Free fight, so it's hardly a problem distinctive to B*S or something you can blame on him.
Maka and Soul's problems were different from this situation. Their Wavelengh been damage by Steins training por to Free's fight.

Quote:
Having a chance to kill someone=/=outclassing them in a fighting skill
Seems like you completely missed the second Mifune fight. B*S faught his best and loss period. B*S held nothing back and Mifune still did and won. Mifune is an older more exprienced and superior fighter, if can't see this your the one with bias.

Quote:
During the Free fight she lost her cool and wouldnt listen to anyone else's pleas to stop fighting and tried to force control over the Soul scythe and ended up burning her hands. And she didnt overcome it during the fight, she just fought with her hands being burned and the scythe being really heavy.
Maka only lost her cool in the fight at one point was she arguing with Soul who had also lost his before Tsubaki so with them. Maka did overcome burning and was perform SR it symblized how strong their bonds were. She had to as she and Soul could only win when they worked together, that was Tsubaki's point.

Quote:
You're acting like he didnt take out that villager possessed by Tsubaki's brother.
I did.

Quote:
That was the only fight he had there.

Quote:
He brags, gets kicked around until he gets serious, then wins the fight almost all always so far. The 2nd Mifune fight is the only exception and you can argue, he didnt lose since he was still willing to keep going, he just got interrupted.
You definitely have major bias towards B*S, he's not the strongest person at Shibusen or, in the series. Stein Mifune and Asura have all beaten him (and Sid held back on him). The Deathscythes and Three Star-Meisters are stronger than him.

He is one of strongest One-star Meisters, along Kid, Maka, Ox, Kilik, and Kim.

Quote:
I really took the point of that test, being more along the line of "you dont have to understand each other, you just have to TRUST each other."
I never said B*S wasnt to blame, but it was defintely Maka who held them up .
I more or, less said the same thing, and they both held the training up, only Kid didn't do anything wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirdante View Post
Think it has something to do with Kid's and black star's soul's going into maka which made her the best suited for leader?
Nah, it had more to do with Maka realizing the "fundamental" part of training.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-11-22 at 07:20.
Old 2008-11-22, 07:34   Link #47
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

May I interrupt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Maka did overcome burning and was perform SR it symblized how strong their bonds were.
To tell you the truth , a SR doesn't have to be affected by a 'bond' (although maybe , it affects). Stein/Spirit's SR proves that. SR ratio can increase due to their limit , depends on how many a meister can handle his/her amplified wavelength.

Quote:
That was the only fight he had there.
Eventhough Sid wasn't serious during extra lesson , I still have to say B*S is great back there. He was serious at that time and he won. And please remember that he won several duels after that second Mifune fight. Without a weapon.

Quote:
He is one of strongest One-star Meisters, along Kid, Maka, Ox, Kilik, and Kim.
If I recall correctly , Kid is stronger than B*S. When he's serious , of course.

Quote:
I think no one tell her to stop fighting in my opinion...and she forced herself because she was distressed , she want to be stronger and once again , she let her emotion took her.

Well I could be wrong. I don't see the details of this anime like you two.
Hope it's not off-topic.
Old 2008-11-22, 07:49   Link #48
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, they DO make a big thing out of Black Star being the best in frontal confrontations. Which probably is true from the way everyone else, including Kid and Maka acknowledge it without a fuss. Kid has the range and Maka uses her scythe techniques.
Old 2008-11-22, 09:55   Link #49
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So maka is the leader's team !The next episode will be great !!!The WAR begin !!!
Old 2008-11-22, 11:50   Link #50
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
To tell you the truth , a SR doesn't have to be affected by a 'bond' (although maybe , it affects). Stein/Spirit's SR proves that. SR ratio can increase due to their limit , depends on how many a meister can handle his/her amplified wavelength.
Um, could you clarify about the Stein/Spirit bit? I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote:
Eventhough Sid wasn't serious during extra lesson , I still have to say B*S is great back there. He was serious at that time and he won. And please remember that he won several duels after that second Mifune fight. Without a weapon.
Sure he did, so did Maka, but that doesn't mean that they stronger than he is, atleast individually otherwise they would be Three-Star Meisters at this point.

Quote:
If I recall correctly , Kid is stronger than B*S. When he's serious , of course.
That's true for the moment, but with Masamune he's catching up, so is Maka though I can't say why due to spoilers.
Old 2008-11-22, 14:29   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
It's getting longer and more interesting here. *looks above*
I can't say anything since I couldn't follow what you two arguing here.

What I know is , Maka and BlackStar both have a bad temper.
Quote:
lol. :nods in agreement:
Now that's something we can all agree to . Guess when your fighting for your lives like they do its not bad to feed off your emotions. But a couple of friends with strong personalities can end up bumping heads sometimes. In the end they got over it and can focus on the enemies they will be facing in the future.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:07   Link #52
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Quote:
Seems like you completely missed the second Mifune fight. B*S faught his best and loss period. B*S held nothing back and Mifune still did and won. Mifune is an older more exprienced and superior fighter, if can't see this your the one with bias.
You're beaten once you submit or can no longer fight. B*S was still ready to keep going and I'm not arguing this point anymore since you're ignoring whenever Maka and Soul cant get on the same page during fights BECAUSE Maka's being too reckless. It's a pretty constant theme throughout the series, but if you choose to ignore it then to each his own.
Old 2008-11-23, 01:57   Link #53
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
If anyone has seen the late night version of this episode, please pm me
Old 2008-11-23, 10:39   Link #54
lmd_84

Question about the episode, because I think I'm missing something here:

When the three first failed to perform team soul resonance, Stein remarks that Black Star failing wasn't because he wanted to take the lead. If so, then what was it?

Was he simply missing the fundamental that Maka later realised, or is it something more?
Old 2008-11-23, 10:52   Link #55
Zirdante

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Question about the episode, because I think I'm missing something here:

When the three first failed to perform team soul resonance, Stein remarks that Black Star failing wasn't because he wanted to take the lead. If so, then what was it?

Was he simply missing the fundamental that Maka later realised, or is it something more?
I think it had more to do with his superiority complex. He is like "I have surpassed God, I don't need you two". But if he really had that mentality, why would he have been there 'training' to do the TSR while being so no-no about team play?
Old 2008-11-23, 17:02   Link #56
OutSmart
Comic Relief

Very good 8/10

I liked the episode but I'm too ansious for the "big" battles ahead to feel satisfied after 2/3 episodes that only had 3 min of advance in the storyline each.

Even, so, it was a perfectly enjoyable ep, and I was not expecting that puch from black star, coockie and rep for him ^^
Old 2008-11-23, 22:26   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways found the conversation between Black Star and the presence inside Tsubaki pretty interesting. He really can't hide anything if he truly wants the Fey Blade to respond. The core of what is driving him has to be dealt with before he can grow any further.
Old 2008-11-23, 23:45   Link #58
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Quote:
I assumed the reason the chain wasnt working is because Maka didnt want to link with B*S, not the other way around. Which is why it worked later despite B*S' attitude not really changing much.
Old 2008-11-24, 01:22   Link #59
Iron Maw
Banned

So, why did Stein mention B*S in the first place it the fault only lied with Maka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Anyways found the conversation between Black Star and the presence inside Tsubaki pretty interesting. He really can't hide anything if he truly wants the Fey Blade to respond. The core of what is driving him has to be dealt with before he can grow any further.
Of course, he's getting anywhere with out doing that first. But the Sword pointed out that he was more like a Demon, which might mean he could end up like Asura if he's not careful.
Old 2008-11-24, 03:05   Link #60
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ Well , B*S wanted to take the lead , yet Maka didn't want to be leaded by him. And because of that , Maka asked prof. Stein to kick B*S out , and Stein pointed out if throwing away B*S is good for the team. Maka might be in fault when she asked this . In other hand , if Maka had overwhelmed that jealous feeling but B*S still wanted to take the lead , it won't go nowhere.

That's ,y opinion.
Closed Thread