AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-31, 07:57   Link #341
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Probably, since there doesn't seem to be any other way of getting a new skill.
Old 2013-01-31, 08:46   Link #342
Sunder the Gold

If true, then any bonus after Level 3 could potentially have no use inside duels at all, being intended for the Unlimited Nuetral Field.

Though the Mystic Reins might be a found item rather than a bonus item, it's pretty clear that one can't use it outside of the UNF, where the Enemies live. (The reins probably store the last captured Enemy, too; otherwise Pot would need to hunt down and capture Nidhogg after every time he left the Field.)
Old 2013-01-31, 09:05   Link #343
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
If her wish is to reject the whole world while embracing just one person...

I'm thinking of a bubble force-field large enough to contain one other person...

Or a special attack where she and one other person occupy the eye of the storm. Perhaps a literal storm; a tornado that shields herself and one other from attacks while blowing intruders away.

In the second case, a lightweight version of Sand Duct whose abilities are apparently "magical". Like an Airbender from Avatar the Last Airbender. (Afterall, I don't see bulky generators on Purple Thorn or flamethrowers on Ardor Maiden.)

I doubt we ever saw Sand Duct's special attack; the vaccuum pull was not so powerful that it would require SP.
Building on this idea.

Her affinity is close-range, but indirect; attacking opponents with elemental magic, and her special move is the Tornado mentioned above.

Also, Duke, special request. I need a sparring partner for chapter 4 of my fanfic. Would you accept the idea of level 1 Turquoise Protector versus level 3 Orange Duke? Before you ask, Duke wins the fight, btw.
Old 2013-01-31, 09:46   Link #344
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
Before you ask, Duke wins the fight, btw.
What is that supposed to imply about my ability as a writer T_T

But sure, go ahead. Duke and Grande were very good comrades in their earlier days, so it could be possible, though I would scale Duke's level to be the same as Grande's as both reached level 7 at the same time. If Grande is level 3 in your fanfic then that's fine.

One thing to note is that Duke left before Falcon became the first Disaster.

Feel free to ask if you have any inquiries about Duke himself (gawd it looks like I'm talking in third-person here lol).
Old 2013-01-31, 09:54   Link #345
Sunder the Gold

What is so "duke"-like about a trapper and hunter, anyway?

I don't mean to be insulting, I just don't see why you called him that. And calling him something different would avoid confusion.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:00   Link #346
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Building on this idea.

Her affinity is close-range
Why?

And how does that build on the above ideas, which all use long-reaching abilities? If she's basically a feminine Sand Duct, she's Yellow, not Green.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:15   Link #347
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

From my PM to Tusjecht on Fanfiction.net:

Quote:
Duke was used to denote a military commander, before it came into its modern use as the title for an owner of a large amount of land. Orange Duke's machines represent his own personal army, while the hiding of field elements represent ambushes. The idea was to make it such that Duke would rarely have to directly engage the enemy but when it came to it, he would still be able to hold his own, much like the military commanders of the olden days.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2013-01-31 at 10:28. Reason: I ended up quoting my typo from that PM too. ._.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:24   Link #348
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
What is that supposed to imply about my ability as a writer T_T

But sure, go ahead. Duke and Grande were very good comrades in their earlier days, so it could be possible, though I would scale Duke's level to be the same as Grande's as both reached level 7 at the same time. If Grande is level 3 in your fanfic then that's fine.

One thing to note is that Duke left before Falcon became the first Disaster.

Feel free to ask if you have any inquiries about Duke himself (gawd it looks like I'm talking in third-person here lol).
Nothing, but I'm asking for permission to use your OC. I'd want people to ask me for permission to use my OC as well. Or at least try. :P

As for timeframe..well, that's a problem. The setting is about six months after the first Disaster was killed, so I put Grande's level as 5, one of the highest at that point. So..not sure how you're taking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Why?

And how does that build on the above ideas, which all use long-reaching abilities? If she's basically a feminine Sand Duct, she's Yellow, not Green.
Close range magic is by nature indirect, i...guess?

Maybe I should develop the idea a little more, your Tornado gave me an idea.

In battle, she doesn't have weapons, but rather she uses close-range magical attacks. Think Blizzard, Fire, the likes. Elemental affinities are another issue, so later. Her special move is Tornado/Cyclone. Damage is a given unless you're right next to her.

In tag teams and in the UNF, however, she gets a move that can cast a buff on an ally.

That makes her Green as a result. I have no idea how her avatar will be like...but it will be leaning more towards a loli avatar, not a genderbent Sand Duct
Old 2013-01-31, 10:30   Link #349
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Goddamit I'm late to the party.

But Sunder, you, with Faker plans, HOW DARE YOU. ()

I thought any and all Unlimited Blade Works clones were my crack and mine alone!! ()

And yes Faker was the early translation of F/SN's infamous title of Tracer.

I just realized, a majority of active Accel World FFTers, many of you are actually colored and pure ones at that (Gold, Blue, Orange...)

Apparently, Babylon is a game consisting of 2 colors. Guess that means I'm a hybrid.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:31   Link #350
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
As for timeframe..well, that's a problem. The setting is about six months after the first Disaster was killed, so I put Grande's level as 5, one of the highest at that point. So..not sure how you're taking this.
Magnesium Drake would have had to be one of the participants of the first Chrome Disaster hunt in order to contract the Disaster. Not 100% sure but I think the infection occurred immediately after the first died, so with a bit of tweaking you can put Duke into your fanfiction and still have it canon.

The backstory behind Duke and Grande is that both avatars used to go hunt for Enemies rather frequently together. When you consider the fact that Grande got most of his points from Enemy hunting, whereas Duke had access to duels, both their levels would at least be the same.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:39   Link #351
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Goddamit I'm late to the party.

But Sunder, you, with Faker plans, HOW DARE YOU. ()

I thought any and all Unlimited Blade Works clones were my crack and mine alone!! ()

And yes Faker was the early translation of F/SN's infamous title of Tracer.
I thought UBW is unlimited blades...unlimited number of blades. Faker can only assume one appearance at a time..which is still OP enough.

Quote:
Magnesium Drake would have had to be one of the participants of the first Chrome Disaster hunt in order to contract the Disaster. Not 100% sure but I think the infection occurred immediately after the first died, so with a bit of tweaking you can put Duke into your fanfiction and still have it canon.

The backstory behind Duke and Grande is that both avatars used to go hunt for Enemies rather frequently together. When you consider the fact that Grande got most of his points from Enemy hunting, whereas Duke had access to duels, both their levels would at least be the same.
As far as I planned, Magnesium Drake is settled already. Want some spoilers?

Spoiler for Magnesium Drake (fanfic context):

I'm fine with adjusting Duke's level to 5, or perhaps I'll just postpone his fight to later...Level 1 vs 5 has not quite happened before and I don't know how bad the level 1 gets beaten.

[CP vs KYH doesn't count, he was level 4 and balanced out his character, while KYH is as unbalanced as possible.]

Edit: to reply to Meister Babylon's edit:

IF FFT means FanFicwriTer, I couldn't agree more. I've seen Diamond Knight, Platinum Priestess, Platinum (again) Sword, Violet Night (nearly pure purple), Red Hero, et cetera ad infinitum. But the opponents..are lame. Olive Driver. Mint Duster with shield and sword, wtf? Oxide Rain. and..I don't even know what to say.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:48   Link #352
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I just realized, a majority of active Accel World FFTers, many of you are actually colored and pure ones at that (Gold, Blue, Orange...)
Gold is a metal, not a pure colour. .-.

My fanfic explores the concept of having a new king suddenly making an appearance, and since there was no orange king even though it is technically a 'pure colour' like green and purple, I had the perfect entry point.

It also helps that orange has always been my favourite colour.

Quote:
As far as I planned, Magnesium Drake is settled already. Want some spoilers?

Spoiler for Magnesium Drake (fanfic context):
See, thing is I'm pretty sure (but I might still be wrong) the infection of the 2nd Disaster had been a forceful infection against Drake's will, so it isn't really possible unless we're in an alternate universe.

Quote:
I'm fine with adjusting Duke's level to 5, or perhaps I'll just postpone his fight to later...Level 1 vs 5 has not quite happened before and I don't know how bad the level 1 gets beaten.

[CP vs KYH doesn't count, he was level 4 and balanced out his character, while KYH is as unbalanced as possible.]
It's a sparring match, so balance isn't really that big of a deal.
Old 2013-01-31, 10:57   Link #353
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
See, thing is I'm pretty sure (but I might still be wrong) the infection of the 2nd Disaster had been a forceful infection against Drake's will, so it isn't really possible unless we're in an alternate universe.
I don't think you could call it infection in that sense. It's true Silver Crow was infected by the Disaster after his fight; but even throughout his IS training, he never equipped it. Not until DT was mopping the floor with him and CP, not until Rust Jigsaw started killing the spectators in Hermes Cord Race.

I think there needs to be intention to equip it like that, for the case where the Disaster regrew from a fragment on the avatar.

In the case of the item form, I realised from V2 that:

-Radio did indeed pick up the Disaster as a drop. If it didn't appear in his storage, there's no way he can give it to Cherry Rook.

Quote:
"You starving dog, forgetting your owner's kindness, and want(ing) to disturb my program?"
Furthermore V7 says all Armaments initially exist in Card Form. Ownership is decided by who first equips the item.

So technically someone cannot become the Disaster against their will. It is either through curiosity or feelings of intense hatred which compels them to resort to the Disaster.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:09   Link #354
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
I don't think you could call it infection in that sense. It's true Silver Crow was infected by the Disaster after his fight; but even throughout his IS training, he never equipped it. Not until DT was mopping the floor with him and CP, not until Rust Jigsaw started killing the spectators in Hermes Cord Race.
But that's because, as you said:
Quote:
It is either through curiosity or feelings of intense hatred which compels them to resort to the Disaster.
If Silver Crow knew he had the Disaster, he would've have done something about it immediately. The incident with DT was very likely an unconscious activation, bought about by Haru's negative feelings.

Quote:
In the case of the item form, I realised from V2 that:

-Radio did indeed pick up the Disaster as a drop. If it didn't appear in his storage, there's no way he can give it to Cherry Rook.
Yes, but do note that here, Radio KNOWS what equipping the armour would do to him, so he keeps it in storage.

Quote:
Furthermore V7 says all Armaments initially exist in Card Form. Ownership is decided by who first equips the item.
If Magnesium Drake recieved the armour as loot for her contribution, logically she would have put on the armour immediately in order to confer any bonuses it offered on herself as soon as possible, since there really isn't anything stopping her from doing so.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:12   Link #355
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Yes, but do note that here, Radio KNOWS what equipping the armour would do to him, so he keeps it in storage.

If Magnesium Drake recieved the armour as loot for her contribution, logically she would have put on the armour immediately in order to confer any bonuses it offered on herself as soon as possible, since there really isn't anything stopping her from doing so.
Maybe you didn't read the spoiler? Drake was an active participant in the CD hunt, she too knew what the armour could do and get her into. But she still tried anyway later, because the forbidden fruit is tastier. Besides, everyone was probably hoping that an incident like the first CD didn't recur after the hunt.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:15   Link #356
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Maybe you didn't read the spoiler? Drake was an active participant in the CD hunt, she too knew what the armour could do and get her into. But she still tried anyway later, because the forbidden fruit is tastier. Besides, everyone was probably hoping that an incident like the first CD didn't recur after the hunt.
I did read the spoiler, but the thing is, absolutely NOBODY could have predicted that Chrome Disaster's last words would end up coming true. Nobody had any idea that equipping the armour would cause such a result, since the original Chrome Disaster did what he did out of his own free will, whereas subsequent Disasters were overtaken by the armour's instincts and moved according to its will.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:21   Link #357
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
I did read the spoiler, but the thing is, absolutely NOBODY could have predicted that Chrome Disaster's last words would end up coming true. Nobody had any idea that equipping the armour would cause such a result, since the original Chrome Disaster did what he did out of his own free will, whereas subsequent Disasters were overtaken by the armour's instincts and moved according to its will.
Okay, now we're on the same page here. I write from the belief that:

-Beast has existed within the armour and is aware of that

-Beast talks to the wearer, trying to assess the compatibility of the wearer with the armour. IIRC, Argon Array said special complexes bring about metal avatars, and the idea of having one's desires and fears made into a protective shell makes them vulnerable to Beast: it can talk the user into embracing its power to achieve what they want.

-And on the flip side, if the wearer and armour aren't compatible for any reason, then the wearer is less likely to completely use the armour's full potential. Also,m the armour passively looks out for new wearers to infect.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:38   Link #358
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Okay, now we're on the same page here. I write from the belief that:

-Beast has existed within the armour and is aware of that

-Beast talks to the wearer, trying to assess the compatibility of the wearer with the armour. IIRC, Argon Array said special complexes bring about metal avatars, and the idea of having one's desires and fears made into a protective shell makes them vulnerable to Beast: it can talk the user into embracing its power to achieve what they want.

-And on the flip side, if the wearer and armour aren't compatible for any reason, then the wearer is less likely to completely use the armour's full potential. Also,m the armour passively looks out for new wearers to infect.
Thing is, it is just as likely that the Disaster was formed at the moment of Chrome Disaster's death. The pent-up anger and hatred from being done in would definitely have been enough to fuel something as game-mechanics-breaking as fusing two armaments together. Beast is the entity that overtakes the avatar, and its purpose is to make said avatar wear the armour so that it can assume control. It spoke to subsequent Disasters because they knew what they were getting themselves into after seeing the second. Now, since nobody in the party would have been aware of Beast after the hunt, Beast wouldn't have had to do anything but to wait for someone to loot the Disaster and equip it.
Old 2013-01-31, 11:43   Link #359
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Thing is, it is just as likely that the Disaster was formed at the moment of Chrome Disaster's death. The pent-up anger and hatred from being done in would definitely have been enough to fuel something as game-mechanics-breaking as fusing two armaments together. Beast is the entity that overtakes the avatar, and its purpose is to make said avatar wear the armour so that it can assume control. It spoke to subsequent Disasters because they knew what they were getting themselves into after seeing the second. Now, since nobody in the party would have been aware of Beast after the hunt, Beast wouldn't have had to do anything but to wait for someone to loot the Disaster and equip it.
...I don't understand, but you make it sound like Beast is an entity separate from the Disaster.

Anyway, I'll post the V7 spoiler for reference.

Quote:
From Flere821:
Spoiler for Chrome Falcon and Saffron Blossom:
Old 2013-01-31, 11:58   Link #360
Sunder the Gold

I would like to write up a Gold metallic avatar, but it would help to know what resistances and weaknesses it has.

Weakness to electricity, just slightly under that of Silver?

Weakness to all forms of physical damage (blunt, cutting, piercing)? (I imagine Gold is a long-range color.)

Immunity to corrosion (including radiation)?
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction