AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 57 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 33.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-08, 10:26   Link #81
whitecloud

well...for inside of sybil it doesnt have to be human brain...it could just be whatever organic based processing system, like a massive modified animal brain, that remind me of JENOVA
Old 2013-02-08, 10:31   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Using an animal's brain would not be that problematic. We kill and experiment on animals all the time. Only animal defenders would be up in arms.

Choe made it sound like the true form of the Sybil was so revolting nobody would ever accept it. It's got to be using humans.
Old 2013-02-08, 10:38   Link #83
cyth
Banned

Using animals to judge humans would be even more shocking, given the theme of the anime.
Old 2013-02-08, 10:38   Link #84
Kirarakim

Just been thinking for the people who now think they can predict everything and believe Kougami & Makisima will now team up and together fight the sybil system, I do not agree at all.

I am not saying Kougami and Akane will not eventually fight the sybil system but I just cannot see it in their characters to then turn around and work with Makishima. Just looking at Akane thinking about her friend's death & Kougami has no reason to trust Makishima either.

I mean unless you think Gen Urobuchi's ultimate message in this story is choosing the lesser of two evils: working with Makishima or fighting against the sybil system. And then I am going to ask what is the lesser of the two evils (of course we don't know everything about sybil yet).

I would just be really surprised if it was that simple. Actually I am thinking Akane might be forced to make a difficult decision about Makishima & perhaps Kou, having to choose between them for the good of society. That to me seems much more up Urobuchi's alley. And that would also work with the symbolism we see in the openings.
Old 2013-02-08, 10:41   Link #85
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Using animals to judge humans would be even more shocking, given the theme of the anime.
At least using animal brains to judge humans probably wouldn't bother me as much as the human brains' experiments. But fitting well with the anime's themes has to do with the fact that humans are sheep, enforcers are dogs and criminals are wolfs or some kind of dogs' enemies.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-02-08, 10:47   Link #86
Diveman

Yeah I also think what's there is some sort of animal or even a human modifies to control everyone's lives.

So it is confirmed that Kagari died? he was my av character damn you Gen always killing off people like that.

Intense episode, 9/10.
Old 2013-02-08, 10:51   Link #87
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The bigger questions is where the fuck does he get the resources to assemble and meticulously plan a grand operation like this. That art job teaching sheltered schoolgirls obviously won't pay these bills.

Which means that it's highly likely that the remaining episodes will also highlight the financier of this operation.
Old 2013-02-08, 10:53   Link #88
Diveman

Yeah, I think Makishima is not the final boss, either that or he was working with even more people.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:02   Link #89
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
At least using animal brains to judge humans probably wouldn't bother me as much as the human brains' experiments. But fitting well with the anime's themes has to do with the fact that humans are sheep, enforcers are dogs and criminals are wolfs or some kind of dogs' enemies.
The analogy I rather have in mind is that Akane is human, society's members are animals, as well as enforcers (they're the dogs), and criminals are a different kind of animal. A beast.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:15   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Good point. That would certainly be disturbing. I still think it's highly unlikely they're using animals though.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:17   Link #91
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...for inside of sybil it doesnt have to be human brain...it could just be whatever organic based processing system, like a massive modified animal brain, that remind me of JENOVA
That doesn't make sense. Nobody would get freaked out over a genetically engineered animal brain being used as the Sybll processing system. Choe implied that what Sybil really was, as something so shocking and horrifying that it'd immediatly cause rioting and bring down the system.

A giant weird organic mass wouldn't freak people out like that.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:26   Link #92
Kirarakim

Makishima seemed pretty independently wealthy if you ask me.

I am not sure why people keep saying "final boss". This is not some action adventure story where we fight up to the final villain.

Makishima might not be the only villain of this series but that doesn't mean his role ends here and someone takes over as the final boss.

edit: If someone is financing Makishima then I can only see it as someone we already know.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:27   Link #93
cyth
Banned

@Roger Rambo: Well, imagine that an animal (or its brain; same thing, really) is put in a position to decide who lives and who dies. Wouldn't that disturb you in the slightest? We have human beings in governments, courts and anti-crime task forces because everyone can accept the idea that humans get to administrate our societies. Even if there was an animal smarter than humans, I don't think it would get that privilege.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:34   Link #94
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
@Roger Rambo: Well, imagine that an animal (or its brain; same thing, really) is put in a position to decide who lives and who dies. Wouldn't that disturb you in the slightest? We have human beings in governments, courts and anti-crime task forces because everyone can accept the idea that humans get to administrate our societies. Even if there was an animal smarter than humans, I don't think it would get that privilege.
Cyth, you seem to have forgotten something. Human beings DON'T make these decisions. The computer system does, and everybody already knows it does. People have already subjected themselves to the will of a computer system. Whether the computer uses chips or animal brains as the processor, what's the difference? The average lay person would just find it *weird* that Sybll was animal brains.

The only thing that would MORALLY offend the average person to the degree that Choe would suggest, would be if Sybll was operated off human minds.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:56   Link #95
cyth
Banned

The difference is that human brains have context processing capabilities and awareness which computers don't have. The need for a computer to have human brains as part of its system just tells you straight up that its integral part is human decision making. That's what makes it dependant on humans. Now, I wouldn't find that so shocking as Choe's reaction suggests, because humans already get to decide things like policy, public safety etc. Computer-assisted decision making, that's fine, but I'd find it more disturbing if solely computers would get to play with my fate.
Old 2013-02-08, 12:58   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

So does anyone see any other possibility other then brains (or some form of genetics) for sibyl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Way to downplay her achievement. Dude, she was awesome!!!!!! As long as people like Akane continues to exist who can restrain themselves enough to do the right thing even at the height of those extreme emotion, humanity will evolve. You, sir, failed at appreciating this scene by measuring her action, so I deem you equivalent to a cold, impassioned Dominator.
OHnoes my secret identity has been revealed. Truthfully though the part where she doesn't kill him was good, I just didn't think running forward and hitting a guy with a helmet was that impressive when she's a police officer who received (I assume) some form of training. Let's put it another way, she deserves way better scenes then "damsel in distress armed with helmet against badguys."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
I wonder if they managed to upload the truth on the internet about sybil or it was too late
The area was sealed from outside communication.
Old 2013-02-08, 13:00   Link #97
Arya

Well, I also don't see real difference between animal's brains or human brains. Surely on a second thought animal brains could be a smarter choice than human's. I mean, animals can sense fear, anger and whatnot, so given one of the purposes of their use, it would be a wiser choice. At least in judging PP values.
On the other hand we already saw how people are desensitized to violence, so now I'm wondering why an array of human or animal brains should be so shocking or horrifying, in-universe speaking, when the view of a person being killed in such a brutal way wasn't. Counting even that the cyborg concept inherits somehow a similar concept.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-02-08, 14:35   Link #98
ookamigirl

Nona Tower infiltration.
Makishima and his accomplices were up to no good.
Well, that's to be expected.
This time, Makishima really went big.
Kougami vs Makishima! Good for him that Akane showed up.
Poor Kagari, that just sucked, but now I'm dying to know what Sybil system really is and why their boss is a robot.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-02-08, 14:35   Link #99
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I mean unless you think Gen Urobuchi's ultimate message in this story is choosing the lesser of two evils: working with Makishima or fighting against the sybil system.
Which it definitely isn't; Kagari's death-flag conversation with Choe made it clear that we should be able to reconcile our lives relative to the "two evils" and fight against them both. Kagari clearly hated both Sybil and Makishima, and I think he was being portrayed in a positive light as he said that.
Old 2013-02-08, 14:36   Link #100
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

OHnoes my secret identity has been revealed. Truthfully though the part where she doesn't kill him was good, I just didn't think running forward and hitting a guy with a helmet was that impressive when she's a police officer who received (I assume) some form of training. Let's put it another way, she deserves way better scenes then "damsel in distress armed with helmet against badguys."
It was quick, it was dramatic, and it was effective. It wasn't some grand showing of fighting expertise, but I honestly think its better this way. Akane shows how a physically normal human with will, resourcefulness, and resolve can make a real difference in a battle between high-end fighters like Kogami and Makishima.

Akane took down this show's main antagonist (thus far), and saved Kogami from getting killed. What more can you ask for, at least combat-wise? If everybody's genders were swapped in this show, you (or somebody else) would probably be accusing Kogami of being a "damsel in distress" who needed to get saved by the heroic Akane.

Sometimes anime does turn female characters into actual damsels in distress (*cough*Asuna!*cough* ), but sometimes viewers hold female action-heroines (and their writers) to ridiculously high standards. Akane saved the day. For somebody who's key strength has never been her combat expertise, that speaks well of her.