AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 10.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 12.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 6.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.26%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-15, 21:50   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Even though it was just a retelling of what we've already seen, I actually enjoyed watching the show re-told this way. Despite it being sort of in "fast forward", it reminds me a bit more of the way the game tells the stories (i.e. one character at a time). Because of that similarity, the digest approach works for me as something to watch. Not sure about "something to buy" though, since I already have the original DVDs. The new OP and ED were a nice touch, but mostly because there'll be a different one for each character. Someone already pointed out the obvious "Shuffle House" nod to the LE DVD buyers in the ED, and I thought that was cute.

Adding that scene to the end of the OP (a nod to game players) does make me wonder how they're going to handle the second half of the compilation. It certainly opens the door to them animating each character's game path to the end, which would be an interesting thing to do (and provide the promised added scenes), but I sort of doubt they're going to do that. If not, though, the second half of Kaede's compilation is going to be a bit weird and feel a bit incomplete and unresolved. So I guess we'll see in a few weeks.
Old 2007-01-15, 23:01   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Animating each path in the second half of the season.. .WOULD be novel and interesting.
Old 2007-01-15, 23:56   Link #23
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Animating each path in the second half of the season.. .WOULD be novel and interesting.
If this is suppose to be the director's cut we need some extra special scenes which I will not mention due to the numerous innocent people here on these boards
Old 2007-01-16, 00:20   Link #24
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Recaps and low-budget production values be damned. I got me a new set of images of psycho-moelicious Kaede. I am satiated for a good while now. As for Kaede's father not stopping Kaede, I don't think he knows about the lie that Rin told Kaede, so he most probably misinterpreted Kaede's rage to be over something else.

Oh man... the psychotic-gasms. My alpha and the omega psycho-moe babe in action. This is psycho-moe at its' finest.

*quivers in ecstasy*

Old 2007-01-16, 01:11   Link #25
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Recaps and low-budget production values be damned. I got me a new set of images of psycho-moelicious Kaede. I am satiated for a good while now. As for Kaede's father not stopping Kaede, I don't think he knows about the lie that Rin told Kaede, so he most probably misinterpreted Kaede's rage to be over something else.

Oh man... the psychotic-gasms. My alpha and the omega psycho-moe babe in action. This is psycho-moe at its' finest.

*quivers in ecstasy*

I dunno, I thought witnessing your daughter trying to hurt someone with a boxcutter should raise some alarm. :x

Kaede: "But Daddy! He stepped on my doll!"
Dad: "Oh ho ho, that's not good, Rin. Now play nicely, kids" *walks off*
Rin: "Nooooooooo~~~"

And err... *looks at Skane's sig* I guess you like those stuffs.
Time to update your sig with delicious new footages I guess? :3
Old 2007-01-16, 01:22   Link #26
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
I dunno, I thought witnessing your daughter trying to hurt someone with a boxcutter should raise some alarm. :x

And I thought seeing your god son bleeding on his head with gash wounds is enough to warrent some serious investigation even if he didn't see her using that boxcutter.

Father, "What's all this red stuff around the house?"
Kaede, "....."
Father, "Awww you were playing with ketchup again weren't you? Sooo cute"

To Rin,
Father "what happened?"
Rin, "I fell..."
Father, "..... you fell?"
Rin, "Stairs... really really big stairs"

Even worse is that he even entices Rin to start some relationship with Kaede, it's a miracle that Rin's sanity is still kept in check and you want him to start a relationship with a girl who made living hell for him? But then again no one seemed to give a crap about Rin. Especially at that funeral, everyone talked about Kaede and how she lost her mom...well that KID just lost BOTH of his parents.
Old 2007-01-16, 01:51   Link #27
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:

[Wry]
I thought it has been a well established fact that most people in Shuffle are not exactly mentally sound?
[/Wry]

Unfortunately, I can't use most of the new footages because they got credits in the way. I will have to wait until a creditless version comes out. I so want to use that vacant-eyes Kaede standing at door. I did however, modify my signature image a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And I thought seeing your god son bleeding on his head with gash wounds is enough to warrent some serious investigation even if he didn't see her using that boxcutter.

Father, "What's all this red stuff around the house?"
Kaede, "....."
Father, "Awww you were playing with ketchup again weren't you? Sooo cute"

To Rin,
Father "what happened?"
Rin, "I fell..."
Father, "..... you fell?"
Rin, "Stairs... really really big stairs"

Even worse is that he even entices Rin to start some relationship with Kaede, it's a miracle that Rin's sanity is still kept in check and you want him to start a relationship with a girl who made living hell for him? But then again no one seemed to give a crap about Rin. Especially at that funeral, everyone talked about Kaede and how she lost her mom...well that KID just lost BOTH of his parents.
This is why he settled with Asa, I suppose.

Out of the five girls, one tried to murder him in the past, another has a history of slamming people with chairs and has multiple-personality disorder, another has the power to turn him into a crater and/or ruin his heart with cholesterol( from over-consumption of eggs), and another can change him into a popsicle.

With that in mind, Asa seems the sanest choice.

*salt* *salt*

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-16, 01:58   Link #28
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
This is why he settled with Asa, I suppose.

Out of the five girls, one tried to murder him in the past, another has a history of slamming people with chairs and has multiple-personality disorder, another has the power to turn him into a crater and/or ruin his heart with cholesterol( from over-consumption of eggs), and another can change him into a popsicle.

With that in mind, Asa seems the sanest choice.

*salt* *salt*

Cheers.
True, when you look down at it, Asa's the only one who helps Rin whenever he falls down and provides him with counsel. Or at least is the one who goes, "What do you want Rin?"
Old 2007-01-16, 02:26   Link #29
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Unfortunately, I can't use most of the new footages because they got credits in the way. I will have to wait until a creditless version comes out. I so want to use that vacant-eyes Kaede standing at door. I did however, modify my signature image a bit.
How's this?

Fear my crap photoshopping skills. :3
Old 2007-01-16, 02:47   Link #30
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Quote:
How's this?

Just looking at that picture sends a cold shiver down my spine ... makes me glad I'm an Asa fan, good snapshot anyway!
Old 2007-01-16, 02:51   Link #31
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
How's this?

A bit too blurry for my liking, but thanks for the assist regardless.

Thought of using the following scene too, but it seemed too small.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-16, 12:26   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
but like any other classic males in the shuffle universe...hes as think as a brick wall as well hahaha! ~
one think you know we seem him holding her violent child holding a cutter back...the next he leaves them alone in a locked room...

dad: now you two play nicely while ill go erm...mow the lawn...
rin: *pounds door* onega*ack*..........

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-16, 12:53   Link #33
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Y'know, if they're going to animate a new scene, I wish they would give us one of a little Kaede standing in the rain whispering "Gomen nasai, gomen nasai" thus completely tranforming her into a copy of Rena Ryuguu. Or, actually what would be better, if they would show Kaede in her room and she had a giant Colonel Sanders in one corner. That would probably make my month.
Old 2007-01-16, 19:27   Link #34
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I decided not to bother with the first episode based on what I heard about it, but ultimately decided to watch the second. I have to admit the whole character specific OP/ED thing could be fun. Plus I look at it this way, I have yet to fully re-watch the series. Thus I can cheat and pretend this is the re-watch. Plus I guess I am curious to see how things go. Although I think the real test of each arc may not be the first half, but the second half.
Old 2007-01-18, 15:04   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The second episode has been subbed and released (sometime last night/this morning). Seek and peruse.
Old 2007-01-18, 16:15   Link #36
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The second episode has been subbed and released (sometime last night/this morning). Seek and peruse.
I've never had a problem with a torrent before, but the tracker on this one seems to be having some issues. It will show several hundred clients and seeds, and then a minute later drop to 0. It's not just me, is it?
Old 2007-01-18, 16:33   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It *might* just be your location in terms of the cloud and bad luck. Try shutting it off for a few minutes and restarting (so everyone forgets their connection to you). I'm showing over 1000 nodes in my part of the cloud (and I'm connected to 10 of them)

. ... I'm assuming you mean the number of nodes drop to zero (not the transmit rate). If it is the transmit rate that falls off ... try restarting anyway (to try and catch a different group of nodes).

The problem I usually run into is that I limit the number of connections (10/torrent) to avoid DDOS alarms upstream from me --- and then seeds take up the slots who don't actually have capacity to transmit to me so they just waste the slot. Restarting every once in a while shakes them off for me. Sounds like your problem though is more of the "management data" (who is what and where) not getting through... you might need to browse the Tech Help forum if restarting doesn't clear it up. It may be that you need to select a different port because your ISP is suddenly being an ass.

Just as an aside, I try to become a seed as fast as possible, then just leave it running at a low background rate til I reach the goal of "good torrent citizen".
Old 2007-01-18, 20:01   Link #38
hoon
7ON

I really hope we get some original material in later episodes. I really don't think Kaede got the justice that she deserves in the previous season and hope for more screen time with her doing some monologue on more of her thoughts.

I loved Shuffle but the anime itself kind of fell apart towards the end of the series, which was kind of disappointing. Rin's character was pretty great for harem lead is what I had originally thought, seeing how he dealt with Kaede as a kid, but he fell apart as a indecisive unoriginal harem male lead in episodes 19-21. Will we see another side of him in the episodes to come? I really hope so, though I highly doubt it at this point.
Old 2007-01-18, 20:59   Link #39
evanx

I hope they really have new footage.
Old 2007-01-18, 22:11   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Gotta wonder what's up with that father. I mean if I have a kid and she tries to kill someone or at the very least drops a box cutter (which isn't a healthy thing) on him I'd be concerned. Gotta feel bad for Rin having to live in that kind of environment.

Though honestly he doesn't see anything wrong with a person who tries to kill him, almost gets run over by a car and then becomes obsessed with doing anything for you. Their life is based on you. That's some scary stuff there.

Did find the character oriented OP/ED interesting though.
Closed Thread