AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 22:48   Link #1041
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Raiden vs Armstrong reaches new levels of awesomeness when Raiden is wearing his suit. Not to mention the player dodging everything despite playing Revengeance: The most intense presidential debate ever.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:51   Link #1042
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Not to mention the player dodging everything despite playing Revengeance: The most intense presidential debate ever.
MasterLL is badass that way
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:19   Link #1043
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It still bombed in the US though, which kinda sucks.
jb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 00:28   Link #1044
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
It still bombed in the US though, which kinda sucks.
370k (360+PS3), in what way is that a bomb?

It's not like they were aiming for 5 millions sales or something.
Old 2013-03-16, 06:49   Link #1045
defki

The VGcharzt numbers are wrong like always.

Rising is below 370k in US.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:19   Link #1046
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
The VGcharzt numbers are wrong like always.

Rising is below 370k in US.
that shouldn't be surprising with infinite coming out soon, people are probably saving money to by that and rising doesn't actually play like a metal gear game so some people may be relunctant to buy it.
Old 2013-03-16, 10:29   Link #1047
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
that shouldn't be surprising with infinite coming out soon, people are probably saving money to by that and rising doesn't actually play like a metal gear game so some people may be relunctant to buy it.
Bioshock is a fps, Rising is a HnS, that's two different genre fanbase.

I highly doubt they were banking on the whole Metal Gear fan base to begin with. Some of it maybe, but not the whole army.
Old 2013-03-16, 10:38   Link #1048
defki

Rising didn't bomb in any kind of way. It went against Dead Space 3, Aliens (yeah its's shit but the brand sells) and Crysis 3 and still sold more than DmC that basically had the entire January for it self.

It's a spin-off with a different genre. No one expected it to sell the same as a mainline MGS. Strong Japan and decent EU and US sales. Kojima is happy. No bomb whatsoever.
Old 2013-03-16, 10:40   Link #1049
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bioshock is a fps, Rising is a HnS, that's two different genre fanbase.

I highly doubt they were banking on the whole Metal Gear fan base to begin with. Some of it maybe, but not the whole army.
I know they are to completely fanbases, i'm talking about the people who like both franchises they have to choose between the 2 and since infinite has gotten more spotlight than rising more people are going to chose infinite over rising, plus rising the fact that rising looks more like devil may cry(the old one) than a metal gear game doesn't help its case
Old 2013-03-16, 10:45   Link #1050
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:01   Link #1051
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I know they are to completely fanbases, i'm talking about the people who like both franchises they have to choose between the 2 and since infinite has gotten more spotlight than rising more people are going to chose infinite over rising, plus rising the fact that rising looks more like devil may cry(the old one) than a metal gear game doesn't help its case
Quite the contrary; thanks to the new direction DmC has taken, you're looking at hundreds and thousands of disgruntled fans looking for a new outlet. Metal Gear Rising taps into the HnS fans, Platinum fans, Metal Gear fans, and even the Devil may Cry fans. They even sneakily throw in old school references to pull in Strider and Megaman fans (Though arguably in smaller doses).

And I'm curious; why Bioshock? Why not Crysis? Dead Space? Tomb Raider? Why do you think Bioshock is the one pulling people away? Heck, why not all of these other AAA titles are pulling gamers from each other?
Old 2013-03-16, 11:13   Link #1052
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Probably because Bioshock is the only game that matters to him
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 11:17   Link #1053
shadow1296

Quote:
Quite the contrary; thanks to the new direction DmC has taken, you're looking at hundreds and thousands of disgruntled fans looking for a new outlet. Metal Gear Rising taps into the HnS fans, Platinum fans, Metal Gear fans, and even the Devil may Cry fans. They even sneakily throw in old school references to pull in Strider and Megaman fans (Though arguably in smaller doses).

And I'm curious; why Bioshock? Why not Crysis? Dead Space? Tomb Raider? Why do you think Bioshock is the one pulling people away? Heck, why not all of these other AAA titles are pulling gamers from each other?
I meant a lot of people I've talked who played metal gear, didn't like the fact it went to the devil may cry direction, they hated the fact that the stealth aspect was considerably lessoned to a point that its not needed

oh and the reason for bioshock was first thing that came to my mind, and I had completely forgotten about those had come out but I did remember that infinite was coming out soon and the fact they are considerably popular franchises
Old 2013-03-16, 11:22   Link #1054
defki

Just for the information Rising went against Crysis 3, Dead Space 3 and Aliens (yeah it's shit but the brand sells) and still managed to sell well and will continue to sell a bit more. It also outsold DmC which basically had January for it self.

Infinite doesn't affect Rising.

This month will be Ascension. And it will go against Tomb Raider, Infinite, Judgment and the Show. If it will also sell well we can finally put the action/HnS genre is dead that the DmC fanboys like to throw around to rest.
Old 2013-03-16, 11:25   Link #1055
Skane
Anime Snark

Rising is a spinoff that they wanted to make, something different (aka Hack n Slash). Solid is the stealthy one, and they are making a Solid sequel.

Die-hard Solid fans can just wait for the Solid sequel.
Old 2013-03-16, 15:27   Link #1056
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I meant a lot of people I've talked who played metal gear, didn't like the fact it went to the devil may cry direction, they hated the fact that the stealth aspect was considerably lessoned to a point that its not needed
It's a Hack and Slash game, what were they expecting? I'm not sure why that concept would be so foreign.

Anyway any intelligent, reasonable person would know that it's a spin-off not a main story, so it's stupid to be thinking it's like the others. But those people aren't a part of the target group so they can wait for Ground Zero.

Quote:
oh and the reason for bioshock was first thing that came to my mind, and I had completely forgotten about those had come out but I did remember that infinite was coming out soon and the fact they are considerably popular franchises
ALL of these games are from considerably popular franchises.... Even Alien >_> so it's more fair to say that they're tugging at each other.
Old 2013-03-17, 22:44   Link #1057
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Rising is a spinoff that they wanted to make, something different (aka Hack n Slash). Solid is the stealthy one, and they are making a Solid sequel.

Die-hard Solid fans can just wait for the Solid sequel.
This!
Old 2013-03-17, 22:49   Link #1058
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
This!
WRONG !
Old 2013-03-17, 22:53   Link #1059
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Kevin - I didn't know you where such a fanboy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-4hsiZVojM
Old 2013-03-18, 14:33   Link #1060
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Surprised nobody commented on Metal Gear Sunrising even though Flynn is voicing Raiden there and fans repeatedly post it in Facebook.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote