Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-15, 22:06   Link #201
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
That seems to be the general idea, yes.

They can't live forever, because eventually in their undeath they become mindless zombies.

They can't breed because... Well... I guess they just can't?

So those that live are forced to live in fear of those who have died, while those who have died experience an erosion of their mind and body until they become zombies that would murder those around them. Humanity is, indeed, pretty screwed.
They most likely can't have children because the series values the concept of a soul being needed in the process of life and death. No new souls, no birth.

However, people should already know it's not entirely true since Ai was apparently born after "God abandoned the world".
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 22:14   Link #202
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
They most likely can't have children because the series values the concept of a soul being needed in the process of life and death. No new souls, no birth.

However, people should already know it's not entirely true since Ai was apparently born after "God abandoned the world".
Or that Ai is a special case that doesn't depend on the human concept of life and death. That is to say, she might not be... entirely human.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 22:15   Link #203
HandofFate

Whatever his reasons, I think Hampnie is a jerk, and needs to lighten up.
I wouldn't mind if he wasn't in the story, and the girl just traveled around on her own, and it was self-contained stories of villages and how people react or adjusting to the new world, similar to Kino's Journey type of story.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 22:27   Link #204
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I wouldn't mind if he wasn't in the story, and the girl just traveled around on her own, and it was self-contained stories of villages and how people react or adjusting to the new world, similar to Kino's Journey type of story.
I don't think this world is as kind as a Ghibli movie.

Considering Scar's history of "names", I don't think Ai would have survived on her own outside her village, whose people may have been using her anyway.

I still think Alfa's death is very suspicious since she still should have been possible able to function and care for her daughter a little longer as a zombie. The only two possible ways for her to get buried are that A) she consented to it (which would raise the question why she didn't tell her daughter anything), or B) someone "killed" and incapacitated her, which would place the entire village under suspicion.
Old 2013-07-15, 22:31   Link #205
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Good God, if he wasn't in it, I wouldn't be NEARLY as hooked as I am! D:
Old 2013-07-16, 18:44   Link #206
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think this world is as kind as a Ghibli movie.

Considering Scar's history of "names", I don't think Ai would have survived on her own outside her village, whose people may have been using her anyway.
Most likely Grave Keepers are feared and hated because they take loved ones away but it was most likely a job they never wanted but had no choice in the matter.
Old 2013-07-16, 18:47   Link #207
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Most likely Grave Keepers are feared and hated because they take loved ones away but it was most likely a job they never wanted but had no choice in the matter.
I don't think Grave Keepers can want anything. You saw how Humpnie asked Ai and later Scar. It was like he was asking a robot or some kind of supercomputer.
Old 2013-07-16, 18:51   Link #208
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Most likely Grave Keepers are welcomed and worshiped, becasue they take loved ones away, when their time comes. But it was job they never wanted as they doesn't seem have any own will in first place.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2013-07-16 at 19:12.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 19:11   Link #209
Dark Wing

Oh I see... Also if Ai is a Grave Keeper hybrid then dose that mean all Grave Keepers can have children?

I liked Hampnie's story about what happened 15 years ago that there wasn’t actually some voice from the heavens, but rather that just one day, without anyone realizing it at the time, death and birth just–stopped. That’s easier to imagine, and it grounds the story in reality.
Old 2013-07-16, 20:17   Link #210
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Most likely Grave Keepers are welcomed and worshiped, becasue they take loved ones away, when their time comes. But it was job they never wanted as they doesn't seem have any own will in first place.
The impression that Scar gives is that gravekeepers are vilified to some degree. Perhaps because of their robot-like actions, and the nature of their existence. Even though the undead are supposed to become murderous zombies, I suspect that a lot of people would still despise the gravekeepers because they are intended to put the undead to rest. As we've seen, not everyone agrees with that.

I suspect that it's split. Some people probably like them and others probably hate them. At the very least, we know they receive abuse from society.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:15   Link #211
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

No wonder when the female viewers rate for the coolest anime guys and then came out villains from all the anime. Hampnie is so kakoii in here as well. His style even remind me about Makishima Shogo from Psycho-Pass and Izaya from Durarara. Bad guys always came with a style.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 10:41   Link #212
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
No wonder when the female viewers rate for the coolest anime guys and then came out villains from all the anime. Hampnie is so kakoii in here as well. His style even remind me about Makishima Shogo from Psycho-Pass and Izaya from Durarara. Bad guys always came with a style.

It is pretty clear that unlike Izaya and Makishima, Hampnie is not a villain. If I were to guess I would say is somewhat of anti-hero. He kills people who need to die.

He is a bit rough and cold with Ai, but I don't think for one second he was really going to kill her.
Old 2013-07-17, 10:58   Link #213
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actually starting to think that this is my favorite role of Toyosaki Aki to date.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:32   Link #214
ApathyEcstasy

Episode 2 has me confused about the white-haired guy's motivations. First he almost [spoilers] the loli, and then Julie [spoilers] her as a threat to white-haired guy, then white-haired guy loses interest in [spoilers] the loli and starts being [spoilers] to her. Confusing? Horrible writing?
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:41   Link #215
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It is pretty clear that unlike Izaya and Makishima, Hampnie is not a villain. If I were to guess I would say is somewhat of anti-hero. He kills people who need to die.

He is a bit rough and cold with Ai, but I don't think for one second he was really going to kill her.
I agree with that. I think when he had a gun to Ai's head he was testing her resolve - not "I don't want to die" but "I want to live" - rather than simply threatening her.

Ai is a mystery of a kind, so perhaps he's intrigued that she's not like the other Gravekeepers he's met, which might be another reason to bring her along.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:42   Link #216
Dr. Casey

Oh, this looks fun. I think that Hampbert [spoilers] Ai-chan, but he can't [spoilers] because Hana reminds him that [spoilers], and Julie's involvement also muddies the waters because [spoilers].
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 17:46   Link #217
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Oh, this looks fun. I think that Hampbert [spoilers] Ai-chan, but he can't [spoilers] because Hana reminds him that [spoilers], and Julie's involvement also muddies the waters because [spoilers].
How can Hana remind him that [spoilers] if he is [spoilers] for Hana anyways? Also it's very clear that he fully intended to [spoilers] the loli and was a millisecond away from [spoilers] the loli because they do a zoom in of the [spoilers] as it gradually moved.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 18:28   Link #218
erhyka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
How can Hana remind him that [spoilers] if he is [spoilers] for Hana anyways? Also it's very clear that he fully intended to [spoilers] the loli and was a millisecond away from [spoilers] the loli because they do a zoom in of the [spoilers] as it gradually moved.
what!? I'm curious!!!! hmmfp
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 19:39   Link #219
Dark Wing

Okay what? I can't follow any of the above post can someone explain to me why spoiler is plastered all over the place?
Old 2013-07-17, 19:43   Link #220
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I don't know what all that is supposed to mean either, but if the [spoilers] are references to the source material, please go discuss it over here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120427
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy