AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-03-14, 18:19   Link #21
Grave

no one is gonna waste they time to do a pic , step by step on teaching u how to do that effect...

Try playing around with the opacity in the transform section of press "t" on ur text or layer
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:29   Link #22
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

The thing is that, I don't even know how to use the software. I tried turturiols, but they seem to be kind of complicated to understand.

By the way are the compostion the layers.

If anyone can help me they can earn some reputation points.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:47   Link #23
raiZarharva
what was it i put here?

Mr. Hawg, transitions can really explain itself as going to EFFECT->TRANSITONS-
and then picking a transition...thereafter configuring that transition.
And as of fades -like in fade in out and then you really dont need afx to do something like that--even to make it cool. I could do something like that within a speedy manner in aegisub.

--also not to be mean but afx is a complicated program and in my opinion you'd have to be crazy to make a guide on transitions with pictures just for rep points
which is basically free

-also on a sidenote go to:
EFFECTS
-transitions
---pick one of the transitions
-----and look through the settings it has and what it does to the text

its almost self explanitory except for some of the words maybe.
raiZarharva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 18:54   Link #24
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

The thing is that I have one music video, and then I add it to the compositon one layer. When I play the video the frame rate is extremly slow, i think about 3.0/29.97, when playing. If I were to make a transition between to clips, how would I split the video, because putting the transition on the music video is going to make the whole music video fade. Can you split the video? This may help me a lttile, and I can make some progress, if so, how?

Also is there any way of speeding up the framerate to it's origional, when preview playing it.

It aint picture transition, it is video transition. I have this one video, where I want to split it into clips, them make some transitions between the clips, or some blending, like overlaying and stuff.

Pictures seem self explanatory, for simplicity, but video is kind of different for me.

Last edited by Mr.Hawq; 2006-03-14 at 19:16.
Old 2006-03-14, 19:05   Link #25
raiZarharva
what was it i put here?

First of all adobe after effects usually doesnt play in REALTIME but with preview feature u can make it play in real time.
I dont quite undertand what you mean by "split" the video. Could you tell me what
you mean by that please? be more specific as in cutting video into 2?

EDIT: if u want to split video into 2 i suggest using vdub or avisynth - Also using a transition like the "radial wipe" would be good to transist from one scene to the next via frame to frame --making it a video transition. Though i havent used a transition in quite a while since 6.0-.5 but i think if i remember right...put the transition effect on the video and make effect a expression and keyframe it into motion(not sure if that'd be completely right but somewhere close to it)

Last edited by raiZarharva; 2006-03-14 at 19:16.
Old 2006-03-14, 19:18   Link #26
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

In windows movie maker, I am able to split the video, to make some transitions. Yes windows movie maker does have transitions, but it is limited on the effects and transitions. Can't Adobe after effects split or cut the video into clips, or atleast detect scenes?
Old 2006-03-14, 19:40   Link #27
raiZarharva
what was it i put here?

nope it can't i dun think. It's not ment to cut and split video into clips-and cant' detect scenes. And for these reason's is why adobe after effects is very good because you have to choose to the extent of where, when something will happen.
-Adobe After effects is not a video editing. all it does is Add and subtract and move things around on video -- it cant manipulate it as a program like premiere or maybe even vdub.
Old 2006-03-15, 06:26   Link #28
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

yeah, after effects can't cut a video

and photoshop can't open a JPG

and winamp can't play mp3s...
Old 2006-03-15, 06:38   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
The thing is that, I don't even know how to use the software. I tried turturiols, but they seem to be kind of complicated to understand.

By the way are the compostion the layers.

If anyone can help me they can earn some reputation points.
Go read the manual. That's what it's there for... If you cannot understand the tutorials, then either 1) you aren't familiar enough with the program (just play around with it or consult the manual) or 2) you aren't ready to learn how to use AfterFX (try using some other, easier video editing tools first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiZarharva
nope it can't i dun think. It's not ment to cut and split video into clips-and cant' detect scenes. And for these reason's is why adobe after effects is very good because you have to choose to the extent of where, when something will happen.
-Adobe After effects is not a video editing. all it does is Add and subtract and move things around on video -- it cant manipulate it as a program like premiere or maybe even vdub.
Adobe After Effects is a compositing/effects program used for video editing. Its purpose is more with filtering and advanced processing of video and excels at compositions across layers, whereas Adobe Premiere works better for compositions across time.

And as a side note, could we put some guidelines into this thread? The AnimeSuki forum community is not the best source for learning how to use After Effects, but if there's a specific question that someone has which does not have a straightforward answer, then one of the fansubbers who use AfterFX could help out. Turning this thread into a AfterFX free-for-all ends up with a lot of people asking questions for which answers could be found within a minute or two in the manual or on Google. I think this thread would be less noisy and more beneficial if the topic mostly centered around how to achieve a certain goal in the process of working on a fansub, because answers for those tend to be harder to find on Google, etc. and you can draw upon the knowledge pool of actual experts in that regard.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 13:10   Link #30
CarrierZ
aka cz

Send a message via MSN to CarrierZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjipierre
yeah, after effects can't cut a video

and photoshop can't open a JPG

and winamp can't play mp3s...
JPG CAN BE OPENED WITH PHOTOSHOPPN EVAUSE I SAID SO KKK NOO GG NO RE 1VS1 KK WAITING FOR YOU MY LOVER; TOMORROW!
CarrierZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 14:13   Link #31
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

Could someone translate what that person said ? O_o

Well, I think that (s)he couldn't see I was sarcastic earlier....
Old 2006-03-15, 14:21   Link #32
raiZarharva
what was it i put here?

Probably not he said "JPG opens in photoshop cause i said so. KKK. something about you, shinji being his/her lover" - All i know is that yeah he said the first part.
Old 2006-03-15, 17:01   Link #33
Suikun

Seriously? I thought he was being sarcastic in response to ShinjiPierre's sarcasm... I mean, how else could you take something like that? It can't possibly be serious... right?

Anyway, as for splitting the video, I think you could do edit -> Split Layer, which splits the video at that point into two layers. It still doesn't help for transitions much, though, since you'd have to then move the video on the new layer back a bit to be over top the first layer, and then apply the transition. It's basically just more work than it's worth. I can post a tutorial for doing it like this, if you want, but it would be so much easier to just get Adobe Premiere and use that.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 22:23   Link #34
Plue

Hi.

I had download shinjipierre's script for "After Effects 7" and i liked it!

and i saw his tutorial to do that and how to make some effects for karoake texts.

I want to ask one question!

Many subtitler groubs saying they used " After Effect + SSA + Virtual Dub " when they makes EP.

How they use After Effects, Virtual Dub and SSA in the same time?

I mean when i import SSA file and do some effects for it ( Texts ) and finishing all the works !!

What should i do now? should i save the file?

or doing some code to Avisynth file?

All what i want to say is :

what do subtitler do in the three programes?

I'm sorry for may bad English

Help me please.

Plue
Plue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 00:10   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plue
Many subtitler groubs saying they used " After Effect + SSA + Virtual Dub " when they makes EP.

How they use After Effects, Virtual Dub and SSA in the same time?
I can't say that there's a universal process for it (and I'm sure someone could come on and say "why the heck would you do it that way?!"), but here's one very simplistic process that can work:

Filter (AviSynth, etc.) --> AE (render karaoke/signage) --> VitualDub/AviSynth (add .ssa/.ass script) --> Done! (encode)

Each --> represents a render; you'd use a lossless codec (like Huffyuv, etc.) until you get to the final step (when you'd convert to XViD/H.264/whatever). There are lots of tricks and shortcuts in this process, but I'd suggest that you should get comfortable with the full process first, as taking shortcuts can be risky. (For example, one efficiency can be rendering only the relevant AE segments (instead of the whole video) and then re-combining them at render-time (in AviSynth, etc.). Some encoders even pre-render and re-use OP sequences from episode to episode as they don't tend to change. But, both of these are a bit risky, so I wouldn't recommend it.)

Anyway, like I said, this is not the way, but it's at least one way to do it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 01:02   Link #36
DeathWolf

actually typically:
-the encoder does his own filter and gives clips of the part that need afx to the afx-person
-then that person either makes an overlay or a fully rendered clip(depending on the situation
-then the encoder merges in the rendered overlays/clips using avisynth
-finally in his avisynth script, the encoder adds the ass/ssa

You can of course do full renders but the colorspace conversions and time loss are too big.

Note: if you dont know how to render at all... then maybe you should try learning some afx before
DeathWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 01:31   Link #37
shinjipierre
Computer graphist

In a title/credits case, one shouldn't use the filtered raw.

'cause adding the filters aftermaths will make them blend with the video even more.
Old 2006-03-31, 03:05   Link #38
Alizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWolf
actually typically:
-the encoder does his own filter and gives clips of the part that need afx to the afx-person
-then that person either makes an overlay or a fully rendered clip(depending on the situation
-finally in his avisynth script, the encoder adds the ass/ssa

You can of course do full renders but the colorspace conversions and time loss are too big.

Note: if you dont know how to render at all... then maybe you should try learning some afx before
I know people who do this. I also know groups who do what relentlessflame mentioned. Someone has to pay the CPU time price for the render. It's up to the encoder's own knowledge of AFX, the AFXer's preferences, etc. My own preference is to render things out myself. That way I can see if anything is off more easily and ensure that any splice work I do is solidly on the money.

I wish I could provide a good guide to using afx, but my own abilities are limited to simple typesetting/timing in signs/rendering out finished work.
Alizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 03:23   Link #39
Plue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWolf
Ok, how to merges it?
Plue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 06:40   Link #40
lamer_de

Create a RGBA clip with AE and use the overlay function in avisynth. If it's a full clip, the trim command is used.

CU,
lamer_de