AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-23, 22:29   Link #21
zajhein
Vizard

It's amazing how many people forget what they read in the manga and anime. Kenpachi's soul slayer is always in released shikai form, just like ichigo's. He tells ichigo this when he fights him. This is because both of their reiatsu are so high that they can't lower it enough to look like a normal sword.

So him and ichigo were fighting even except at the very last, ichigo concentrates his reiatsu in his soul slayer and atacks with it, but Kenpachi just concentrates it with brute force. That would be the obvious difference why ichigo wins. If Kenpachi does learn the name of his soul slayer he'll be able to focus his reiatsu in his sword and then atack with it which will make him more powerfull, but still not as strong as ichigo's bankai.

I think it's possible in the near future Kenpachi will be able to learn the name of his sword and be able to use a shikai skill but he won't reach bankai for a very, very long time.
Old 2006-07-24, 04:52   Link #22
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

It isnt in released shikai form. What kenpachi said was something like "I had so much reiatsu I couldnt seal it if i wanted too". Im not sure what it means, but he wasnt in shikai, thats for sure. He dosent even know its name, it CANNOT be in in shikai.
Old 2006-07-24, 05:05   Link #23
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Ken-chans Soul Slayer is not in shikai mode... Just like Ichigos Sword in the first Eps, it looks different because Kenpachi doesn`t know how to control it`s size
Just like sceptileex said, he doess`t know the name = Shiikai is impossible.

Quote:
I had so much reiatsu I couldnt seal it if i wanted too".
Because of that he wears his Eyepatch.
Old 2006-07-24, 11:00   Link #24
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junni
the eyepatch sucks the reiatsu from kenpachi it means when he fought ichigo he has low amount of reiatsu..
when he removed the eyepatch his reiatsu was about to rise? but not @ 100%
there are no tricks behind the eyepatch and kenpachi always gives his enemy some advantage..
I also got the impression that not only does it supress the reiatsu, but stores it as well. I believe Ken said something like "I'm going to pour all this into defeating you." If it's taken as he's using the reiatsu that he's been slowly storing away for so many years, right now he wouldn't be able to gain that tremendous power boost from taking the eyepatch off. If it merely ate the reiatsu, I don't believe that line would be very fitting.
Old 2006-07-24, 11:16   Link #25
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles
I also got the impression that not only does it supress the reiatsu, but stores it as well. I believe Ken said something like "I'm going to pour all this into defeating you." If it's taken as he's using the reiatsu that he's been slowly storing away for so many years, right now he wouldn't be able to gain that tremendous power boost from taking the eyepatch off. If it merely ate the reiatsu, I don't believe that line would be very fitting.
Wrong
Eyepatch Kenpachi uses only a limited amount of his reaitsu.
Without Eyepatch he use all of it. All the reiatsu that was eaten by the eyepach is now aviable to own the Enemy

If this thing really stores reaitsu, Ken-chan would not use it ^^
This guy gives allways advantages to others... why all of the sudden using such a lame trick? He might be a Psyco, but he fights allways fair
Old 2006-07-24, 11:25   Link #26
Nuzzles

That's what I honestly think too, but it's just the impression that I got. Guess I'm reading too much into it, playing semantics and what have you.

Btw, love your avatar. XD
Old 2006-07-24, 12:05   Link #27
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Ken-chans Soul Slayer is not in shikai mode... Just like Ichigos Sword in the first Eps, it looks different because Kenpachi doesn`t know how to control it`s size
Just like sceptileex said, he doess`t know the name = Shiikai is impossible.

Because of that he wears his Eyepatch.
Hmm? But Ichigo's sword after the hollow training was stuck in shikai mode, and he didn't know it's name until much later, right? The handle of Kenpachi's sword is a little fancy-looking, so maybe it's stuck on shikai mode as well, but he can't use its ability like Ichigo couldn't use his? I wonder how much of Ken's ragged sword edge is because of neglect and how much might be the sword's actual shikai form... You tell me. After his defeat, he really got my hopes up, acting like he sympathized with the swords situation of having no name... But Kenpachi still hasn't reappeared in the manga... Anyway, too many random characters have been thrown in at this point, Kenpachi with special sword techniques to boot would just be ridiculously insane, so probably not likely...
Old 2006-07-24, 12:24   Link #28
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Hmm? But Ichigo's sword after the hollow training was stuck in shikai mode, and he didn't know it's name until much later, right? The handle of Kenpachi's sword is a little fancy-looking, so maybe it's stuck on shikai mode as well, but he can't use its ability like Ichigo couldn't use his? I wonder how much of Ken's ragged sword edge is because of neglect and how much might be the sword's actual shikai form... You tell me. After his defeat, he really got my hopes up, acting like he sympathized with the swords situation of having no name... But Kenpachi still hasn't reappeared in the manga... Anyway, too many random characters have been thrown in at this point, Kenpachi with special sword techniques to boot would just be ridiculously insane, so probably not likely...
No, when his hollow training was done, he appeared with his still broken sword. After accepting Uraharas next lesson, he runs around for a while then stops in his tracks suddenly. Then Zengetsu appears and talks to Ichigo. Then Ichi charges up, then screams out "ZANGETSU" and his shikai form appears.

At least that's how I remember it.
Old 2006-07-24, 19:48   Link #29
Junni
Flip Flap

hmm.. i dont think kenpachi would get his shikai
he already have a overpowered reiatsu
and when it comes to battle skills / experience / instinct ! ! kenpachi would have the advantage... but kenpachi would find a way to grow stronger...
like those demon spells.. his reiatsu + demon spells would be overpowered
Old 2006-07-26, 21:11   Link #30
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yeah, Kenpachi with sword techniques (shikai or bankai) would be sick. I can't see him using released forms even if he could, since his style involves brute force hack/slash. It's just a strange image.

But what kinds of shikai/bankai abilities could he have that would complement his nature and hueg-liek-xbox spirit force and allow him to fight entertaining, up-close-and-personal fights? A ridiculously huge lightsaber kinda thing he could use to tear up the landscape? Or maybe just a clone of himself that then turns on Kenpachi in an epic battle? How about a sword that allows him to manipulate space so he can open gateways to hell and other exotic locations? ^^;;

Kenpachi + bankai + hollow mask = black hole of badassness o.o Oxymoron, perhaps, but badass nonetheless. I have a feeling he and his hollow side would get along real well. ^_^
Old 2006-07-27, 00:27   Link #31
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I can see it now, Ken-chan gets a hollow that's all prissy and everything, so he hates it and doesn't use it, ever.
Old 2006-07-27, 08:12   Link #32
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Kenpachi rules now and forever.
I only watch bleach to see kenpachi and the rest of the cast. Ichigo is boring.

What about kenpachi's pink girl, what's the deal about her?
Old 2006-07-28, 00:58   Link #33
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
What about kenpachi's pink girl, what's the deal about her?
Yachiru-chan? She probably the avatar of his soul slayer. Maybe. At the very least, you'd have to admit that it might be possible with his enormous reiatsu for his avatar to be manifested 24/7. And she has been around him, very compatible and equally nameless for a very long time.

Why do you ask?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-28, 07:01   Link #34
Hir0

it would be so funny if his shikai dissapears like Byakuya's and Rangiku's shikai. He'd get bored to hell so he wont use it lol
Old 2006-07-28, 07:46   Link #35
Junni
Flip Flap

or some lame weapon with lame ability like the pretty boy
forgot his name... ikkaku's friend =p
Old 2006-07-28, 09:02   Link #36
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
Originally posted by NoSanninWa
She probably the avatar of his soul slayer
Interesting idea, can someone who reads the manga give us some facts about her?

I don't want to wait untill they explain it in the anime.
By that time i will be in a coma, due to an overdose of ichigo boredom.
Old 2006-07-28, 09:09   Link #37
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Ken-chan and Yachiru meet each other after one of Kenpachis killing sprees
Little Yachiru was not afraid of blood, so the two became friends an decidet to get stronger and stronger together. Ken-chan named her Yachiru, and himself Kenpachi.
It was in Yachirus Flashback after the Ken-chan vs Ichy fight
Old 2006-07-28, 10:18   Link #38
Junni
Flip Flap

idd that could be interesting

zaraki's soulslayer looks very old and it is in a very bad shape =p
maybe the soul in his soulslayer is already gone and has been reborn as a human child ? ( yachiru ) thats why he can't release his sword ?

we saw in the flashback when zaraki found yachiru.. yachiru touched the soulslayer ... and then she smiled... its maybe zaraki's soulslayer is yachiru's true body ?

----

and this is why i think how ichigo beat zaraki...

he borrowed powers from zangetsu and then he beat zaraki ( actually a draw )
but after he didn't fought anyone then.. only byakuya in his bankai form..

maybe the key to obtain the bankai is try to borrow all the power of the soulslayers and make fully use of it without asking for permission so you can use it anytime....
Old 2006-07-28, 10:29   Link #39
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

If Yachiru is really Ken-chans Zanpatkou Avatar, why does she habe a Zanpaktou for herself
Old 2006-07-28, 10:38   Link #40
Junni
Flip Flap

why not ?

even at fate stay night a servant can summon a servant

a zanpaktou also have a soul right ? if he/she is reborn as a human soul or somehing and then become a shinigami .. why not ?

if a human soul can do that.. why not zanpaktou soul ? even a fox can be a shinigami =|
Closed Thread