AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 23:52   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (Love, Election, and Chocolate)

Per ANN and to be announced in the January 2012 issue of Dengeki G's magazine (streeting end-November 2011), the eroge "Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate" from brand sprite (website region-locked) will be getting an anime adaptation in 2012.

I had actually been suspecting this one for a while, given it's rather large marketing push in various ASCII MediaWorks magazines/properties.

The general premise is basically outlined in the ANN article. Yuki attends an elite private academy along with his childhood friend Chisato, and they along with some of their friends are part of a "Contemporary Food Club", which is really just a hangout where they eat snacks. But one day the leading student council president candidate, Satsuki, informs them that their club is pointless and going to be cut (along with a bunch of others) to reduce club expenses. In order to protect their club, Chisato convinces Yuki to run in the election himself. What follows is a romantic story intermixed with a heavy dose of High School politics.

This is a story where I think the theme and concept are stronger than any of the individual parts or routes, so I think it actually might be rather well-suited for an anime adaptation. Looking forward to it.

Here's the game OP/promo video:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-28 at 00:15.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 00:07   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

The color palette's a little subdued for an eroge of my sort, but I'm not picky. Lots of good names in the voice cast, too. Asami Imai, Kaori Mizuhashi, Yuu Asakawa, Eriko Nakamura, Mai Kadowaki as the main heroines, a quick research jaunt tells me.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 00:14   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was initially surprised about what I discovered about the reception of this eroge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
From June to October 2010, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate ranked three times in the top ten in national PC game pre-orders in Japan. The rankings were at No. 9 from June to August, No, 6 from August to September, and No. 4 from September to October. The game ranked four times in the top ten in terms of national sales of PC games in Japan. The rankings were at No. 1 for October 2010, No. 19 for November 2010, No. 33 for December 2010, and No. 48 for January 2011.
I guess this eroge is not just plain as it suggests.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 00:30   Link #4
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I don't know how far the premise of this VN carries it, but it seems like it could be something enjoyable for me if the characters are good. I like the artstyle of the VN.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 01:32   Link #5
Brimstone
Banned

This one caught my eye a long time ago, I absolutely love the character designs

But in the end it all comes down to who's going to do it... Please be Manglobe again...
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 02:01   Link #6
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I like the character designs and the game OP/promo song is enjoyable to listen to (I know that doesn't have much to do with the anime itself, but I just felt like noting that I like it). The story sounds interesting enough. Will keep an eye on this.
Old 2011-11-28, 07:24   Link #7
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

This is one I heard lots about. The character design sure are gorgeous. "High school politics" reminds me of those American high school dramedy targeted at teens, but I'm pretty sure it wont be like that.

Will look forward to hearing what studio is adapting this.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 07:43   Link #8
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

This VN has a gorgeous art style. But VN adaptations, especially for fluffy love stories like this, are usually very unambitious, with 12 episodes and a unified route with little or no romance. There's a chance that the art style won't carry over well into animation, especially if we get a sub-par animation studio. So I'll keep my expectations low.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 07:56   Link #9
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
This is a pleasant surprise, the game was enjoyable for the most part so I'll be looking forward to the anime.

They will probably go with the canon Chisato route but, I have hopes for a Satsuki route instead since she ranked high in the getchu characters ranking last year.

As for the rest of the heroines, it should not be difficult to include the key parts of the other routes by adding some changes.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 10:56   Link #10
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Let's hope the anime keeps some aspects of the gorgeous art animated (which i doubt, but i can hope)
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 11:06   Link #11
Katapan
俺様祭り

This seems to be an Aniplex production, judging from the results that came up when 2chers tried to look up who was behind the koichoco.com website. My memory might be failing me, but isn't this the first time they actually fund a TV series based on an eroge? They are probably placing quite a lot of hope into that title, then.
Old 2011-11-28, 11:19   Link #12
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

^
We can hope (and I wish) we got A-1 then.
Old 2011-11-28, 14:42   Link #13
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Here's the game OP/promo video:
13-14 seconds in -- that's a popsicle, right?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 15:01   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
13-14 seconds in -- that's a popsicle, right?
Yes -- they are a club where they eat snacks. But err... I never noticed that.
Old 2011-11-28, 17:35   Link #15
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

A bit surprised about this, but maybe they can pull it off. Having played the game, I don't think it's that great, although it has its moments. I guess they'll go with the 'canon' route in Chisato and maybe spend a few eps to deal with other chars (like Isara... please!!).

Looking forward to yaoibou being the new craze...
Old 2011-11-28, 20:59   Link #16
Zexas

LOL they're making an anime out of this?

The VN strength lies on it's art and gorgeous music. I hope they kept it all intact because I'd love to see some scene to be animated with that lovely music in the background.

It's one of those VN where I found some people had a beef with the "main" heroine. Seriously I don't like chisato route at all - I found mifuyu route to be far superior.
Spoiler for Like when:
Old 2011-11-28, 22:13   Link #17
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I created a game thread so that we game players can discuss plot details about the game (and speculation about the anime) without risking spoiling the plot for future anime-only viewers.
Old 2011-11-29, 10:23   Link #18
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Confirmed ! It's a Aniplex production !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 12:46   Link #19
Kakkou
Tch.

I really like the art style of the VN. It doesn't give me that "colourful but boring and uninspiring" impression I tend to get from VN art. If it translates well into animated form it might just push me closer towards trying it out.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 17:02   Link #20
Ray
Garnet

I've also had my eye on this for a while, mainly because of the lovely visuals. I really hope the anime adaptation turns out to be good ~
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen