AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-18, 07:22   Link #61
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Yozora went, once again, overboard in this episode against Sena. The end with Sena crying because she was spamming her... Poor Sena And of course, Yosora will not apologize
Old 2011-11-18, 07:38   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Is it a crime to offer my interpretation? I doubt that Yozora wasn't all offended by Senna's words because she didn't give any signs that she was offended. Her signs usually involve some actual reaction and anger. Like the look on her face when she saw Senna's text and how she usually gets tense when Senna actually makes fun of her. That's why I doubt.

So why do you believe that Yozora was actually offended rather than just seeing it as an opportunity of making fun of Senna? I'm asking for your opinion here.
No it's not a crime, what I meant was that we can't use interpretation as evidence because it's basically our words and views against each other which doesn't get us anywhere.

For example, why I believe Yozora wasn't just making fun of Sena was because there isn't that little smirk or sly look in her eyes as some signs that she's about to pull a prank. This is more or less just saying the evidence is a lack of evidence, which btw is your defence as well

Quote:
If that's her POV then I could understand but whilst it might seem reasonable there was nothing really to suggest that Yozora was at all suspicious of Senna's motives. Of course looking at it from Yozora's POV, even if it's true that she thought Senna had ulterior motives, that doesn't prove she does and like I said, from the way Senna reacted as if upset, it certainly doesn't seem like she actually had ulterior motives.
Yes but this was afterwards and Sena had already ran away so there's nothing to be done.

Quote:
And I think I've already made it clear that I'm fooled by Kanae Ito's voice rather than the pair of breasts and teary blue eyes.
Bah lies, Kanae Ito has good breasts as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Haak+Chaos2Frozen: Let me put it in this way, Yozora and Sena are a perfect fit for each other (FriendsWithBenefits-wise); granted, in a competitive way with Kodaka fifth appendix being the catalyst, but this is what makes relationships interesting
Honestly I'm just not so bothered about their antagonistic relationship as it's no different than watching other comedy with antagonistic relationships- To me Yozora antics are tame, I just don't like people overreacting like it's something they've never seen them before.

Sigh, that's why I told those guys in the Baka-Test thread that you can't abuse girls in comedy -_-
Old 2011-11-18, 07:45   Link #63
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
In the meantime...

^dedicated to mangatron
lol dude, do you know what this means? This is basically the photoshopped version of the scene in the OP when Rika was shaking her booty! I'm spared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bah lies, Kanae Ito has good breasts as well!

You know how the saying goes, a woman's quality isn't only in her breasts, which basically means it does help the situation

Quote:
Sigh, that's why I told those guys in the Baka-Test thread that you can't abuse girls in comedy -_-
I'd pay you to say this in the Ben-to thread, but then I'd have to k-.... never mind, I don't think they'll get it
Old 2011-11-18, 07:49   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I'd pay you to say this in the Ben-to thread, but then I'd have to k-.... never mind, I don't think they'll get it
I'll only accept payment in Avatars.
Old 2011-11-18, 07:50   Link #65
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Did anyone else laugh til they nearly cried at Sena's tantrum after the "MEAT" trolling? I loved how she was shouting, and crying, but still took the moment to thoughtfully hand Kodaka back his cell phone, before flouncing out of the club room. I think it was just the juxtaposition of her temper flaring against how (unintentionally?) considerate she is of Kodaka. Such a little thing, but it made the scene for me.

Yozora is still comedy gold when she's on. And she was on this week. "Quiet, Meat. Can't you see we're on the phone?"

I'm honestly surprised it took Rika nearly 24 hours to start sexting.

I kept waiting for someone, near the end of the episode to break a quiet moment by saying "You know, it's been like 3 day now. Should we.. I dunno.. check and make sure Maria's alive?" Maybe it's funnier that no one seemed to care.

I hope people are starting to see the purpose of Yozora's abusiveness: This was at least the second time that it backfired on her spectacularly, from her perspective, and resulted in Sena being comforted by Kodaka. That's not even counting how badly it failed her when they were playing the VN together, and she cost herself the conquest by being rotten to the friend of the object of her "affection". Even the game was trying to warn her, it seems.
Old 2011-11-18, 07:54   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Did anyone else laugh til they nearly cried at Sena's tantrum after the "MEAT" trolling? I loved how she was shouting, and crying, but still took the moment to thoughtfully hand Kodaka back his cell phone, before flouncing out of the club room. I think it was just the juxtaposition of her temper flaring against how (unintentionally?) considerate she is of Kodaka. Such a little thing, but it made the scene for me.

Yozora is still comedy gold when she's on. And she was on this week. "Quiet, Meat. Can't you see we're on the phone?"

I'm honestly surprised it took Rika nearly 24 hours to start sexting.
Yes there's that, but mostly in my head I was mentally preparing to deal with everyone's response to it =_=

Being me is suffering.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:04   Link #67
Sumeragi
Banned

I'm interested in how Yozora managed to introduce a virus via cell phone
Old 2011-11-18, 08:26   Link #68
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
I really liked the part where she paused to hand him the phone it further fuels my point that she's not so stuck up, like to grind the phone to the ground XD

Quote:
I kept waiting for someone, near the end of the episode to break a quiet moment by saying "You know, it's been like 3 day now. Should we.. I dunno.. check and make sure Maria's alive?" Maybe it's funnier that no one seemed to care.
Sadly, no one seems to remember Maria, just like how she was left out of the karaoke invitations. I think this has to do with teachers (club advisers) not really participating in outgoing activities as opposed to what a normal club would be like

Quote:
I'll only accept payment in Avatars.
Seeing as how your current one is going a bit over a week now, I think you could use a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There is such a thing in real life. Don't ask how I know

You didn't hear it from me, but you might know it as "SMS Bomb" *runs*
Old 2011-11-18, 08:26   Link #69
EroKing

Quote:
Think of Yozora as Nanami from Katanagatari, takes 1 try to learn 2nd try to master. Too bad she only cares about trolling Niku
Old 2011-11-18, 09:45   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, I have to admit the part where Yozora talked to Kodaka on the phone and only let Sena hear the word "meat" was hilarious. Sena's subsequent exit of the room while crying and screaming Idiot Yozora! was also the best so far. She was so adorable <3

Sadly, Yozora went overboard at the end once again. Her real problem is that she doesn't know moderation. When Sena provokes her (unwittingly or not), she retaliates disproportionately. She basically brings a bazooka to a bare hand fight, making the battle so uneven it becomes one-sided bullying. She needs to realize that Sena just has a big mouth and doesn't actually have the means to fight with her on equal ground. Now that she has noticed that her actions are bringing Sena and Kodaka closer, I have good hope she'll start treating Sena slightly better, if only for her own sake. Or maybe she'll be pissed and it will escalate instead. We'll see.

I'd say that ff what she really wants is a challenge, then she ought to target Rika whom I'm sure could give her a run for her money. I can't imagine Rika yielding down easily.

I'm disappointed Kobato was left out of the episode. It's true she has only herself to blame for stubbornly refusing to wear anything other than that outfit, but it's still sad. Her little sister position was even stolen in her absence. Curse you, Maria!
Old 2011-11-18, 09:55   Link #71
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Oh god...that scene with Maria being tied up...0_0 Why must my favorite character be treated in such as way XD She's adorable =3 Well...at least, she is in my eyes =3

As for Yozora...just what where those 'few things' she did on the internet a while back :P

Sena...a troll? I can actually see it lol. I'm so glad their including things like this in the animes now XD

Jees, they really make it obvious that these characters have never had friends before when they discovered that cell phones can call other people, that part made me laugh quite a bit. And why do they all seem so surprised about the things their phones can do XD

So many questions and humorous moments in this episode :P Well, at least they were acting more like friends now instead of just throwing words at each other, it was nice to see Yozora happy and excited The phone part and calling Sena meat was pretty funny, just the constant whispering the a sudden MEAT to appear in the subs moments later made me laugh :P

Ending was rather sad, I guess maybe Yozora started to feel bad for what she did to Sena's phone? Either that or she was jealous that Kodaka was helping out Sena. I did like Kodaka's tone of voice when trying to comfort Sena at the end, it's nice to know he does care about her.

By the way, what happened to Kodaka meeting Sena's father? :P
Old 2011-11-18, 10:07   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
No it's not a crime, what I meant was that we can't use interpretation as evidence because it's basically our words and views against each other which doesn't get us anywhere.
That's ridiiculous. One can at least debate on and assess how much credibility an interpretation has. If we couldn't then then very few debates would get anywhere. Your next point clearly indicates that:

Quote:
For example, why I believe Yozora wasn't just making fun of Sena was because there isn't that little smirk or sly look in her eyes as some signs that she's about to pull a prank. This is more or less just saying the evidence is a lack of evidence, which btw is your defence as well
You're right. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. But I don't need to prove a negative. The proof that I think I'm asking for is quite reasonable and would clearly be used. I would counter that yours isn't. Yozora doesn't always smirk or make a sly look before doing a prank. Remember when they played that virtual reality game and Yozora tricked Senna into virtual suicide? She didn't smirk or have any sly look. She just went ahead and did it. In any case we know it's a prank already. What else could she possibly be doing? You don't think she'd just randomly phone like that and have a conversation about her dinner do you? She was obviously playing a prank. The contention was what motivated her to play that prank. I don't it's a stretch for me to say that she played that prank to mess with Senna because that's generally the purpose of pranks. Did she do it because she was actually offended (None of the typical signs to suggest she was) or not (do I need evidence to prove a negative?)

Quote:
Yes but this was afterwards and Sena had already ran away so there's nothing to be done.
This is true from Yozora's POV, but you asked me personally how I knew. I figured you were arguing that Senna in fact was trying to get her phone number for a prank.

In any case my main point was that Yozora didn't seem suspicious. Let's just recap for a moment. Senna didn't ask for Yozora's phone number first. Actually what she said was "Come on, I'll give you my address too!" and Yozora flatly rejected. This was of course before Yozora glared at Senna and Kodaka exchanging contacts and showing signs of jealousy. If the anime is hinting at anything, it's hinting at that.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:12   Link #73
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well... Yozora could potentially leak Sena's address in some kind of bulletin board, leading to that harassment spam.

Whichever it was, I'm more surprised that Kodaka could fix it in matter of seconds.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:24   Link #74
Azuma Denton
~AD~

LOL...
Yozora Yozora..
Why do you have to be such a bully??
In the end, it is you who suffered from jealousy...

The most LOL moment, is Kodaka and Yozora just found out that cellphones is one tools for contacting friends? And cellphones nowadays has infrared feature?? Wakakakaka...
That is so much win...
Old 2011-11-18, 10:32   Link #75
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Here's another-one for Mangatron

To help reactivate his long-delayed nasal menstural -cycle.

Old 2011-11-18, 10:33   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Ending was rather sad, I guess maybe Yozora started to feel bad for what she did to Sena's phone? Either that or she was jealous that Kodaka was helping out Sena. I did like Kodaka's tone of voice when trying to comfort Sena at the end, it's nice to know he does care about her.

By the way, what happened to Kodaka meeting Sena's father? :P
I'm leaning toward jealousy. That might also be the reason she's always so harsh on Sena. She sees the girl with an angelic face and big tits as her biggest rival and feels the need to crush her.

I was wondering about the same thing... I was looking forward to that meeting.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:03   Link #77
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Here's another-one for Mangatron

To help reactivate his long-delayed nasal menstural -cycle.
Spoiler:
Maybe its just me, but I can't see her sexually at all. I think the show has done a real good job making me really want to be her big brother more so than her being my loli lover. She's so adorable.....Is this the power of TRUE IMOUTO?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-18 at 15:26. Reason: removed unrelated image
Old 2011-11-18, 11:17   Link #78
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am not so bothered by Yozora's trolling. Maybe because I prefer the verbal and way-around kind of abuse that I liked in Married with Children between Al and Marcy and in the British comedy "The Thick of It" over the slapstick violence that have plagued most of anime comedies from Urusei Yatsura to Love Hina.

Seriously, please Yozora, keep going, Al Bundy would be so proud of you.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:50   Link #79
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm leaning toward jealousy. That might also be the reason she's always so harsh on Sena. She sees the girl with an angelic face and big tits as her biggest rival and feels the need to crush her.

I was wondering about the same thing... I was looking forward to that meeting.
I say its a 100% jealousy...

Well, at some point, Yozora's jealousy is so visible...
- at eps 5, when Kobato is joining, Yozora is relieved because she is his sister...
- at eps 6, when Sena is inviting Kodaka to her house...

Kodaka, eventhough he has no friend, he managed to put a flag for, let's see, 5 girls...

As i joke with my friends, "If having no friends means you can get 3 lovely female clubroom acquintance, 1 loli nun advisor, 1 traps, and 1 brocon sister, who the hell needs friends??"
Old 2011-11-18, 12:13   Link #80
Peanutbutter

I'm declaring Kobato in a bikini is illegal! ILLEGAL, I SAY!!!

Otherwise, episode really didn't interest me except bits and parts. Again, bully Yozora irks me.
Closed Thread