AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-05, 10:01   Link #541
Iron Maw
Banned

I wonder if they going to bring back some elements/story from the older games (Persona 2 IS and EP) with JOKER being mention. Hell the ending of trailer with flames around the MC reminiscent of a scene in IS's Opening when Tatsuya does the same thing with a mask.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-02-05 at 10:25.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 10:14   Link #542
Rias

I wonder what all that figure skating motif is about...

And the heroine isn't going to be DLC, right?
Old 2015-02-05, 10:21   Link #543
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
People keep saying that it looks like Social Links are removed, but in Japan Social Links are called Community. I'm pretty sure "Cooperation" might just be a new name for the feature.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 10:22   Link #544
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, I can't believe they're going back to megaten roots of having a 'melee' weapon + firearm. Hopefully they go back to slash/bash/pierce types of physical attacks (so you know you can commonly have enemies who are immune to some type of physicals), otherwise what's the point?

I'm most disappointed by the girl's 3d model, as it looks so bad compared to the MC's. Her anime form though is <3, and the menus are just badass.

Will hold out with further thoughts until some more info is out. Right now I'm more hyped about Dancing All Night, but that might just be because it's closer.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 10:31   Link #545
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wow, I can't believe they're going back to megaten roots of having a 'melee' weapon + firearm. Hopefully they go back to slash/bash/pierce types of physical attacks (so you know you can commonly have enemies who are immune to some type of physicals), otherwise what's the point?
Because Atlus wants the series to remain a casualized SMT?

They may have only brought it back moreso to give the player a little more variety in approaching battles. But I do hope you're right.

On rewatch (with HQ) the models are looking better than I originally gave them credit. Looks like more like slightly downgraded Catherine, P5 is doing a lot more than that game did technically. So it's a fair trade-off I suppose.
Old 2015-02-05, 11:15   Link #546
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
One thing I noticed: Monday April 11. Assuming that isn't temporary, the game most likely takes place in 2016.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 11:16   Link #547
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The game looks like the balance between SMT4 & P3/4 (for battle system). They took the larger fields & level design for sure from it. I don't mind the battle system not changing at the base. But I'm definitely interested in what new systems/tweaks they introduce to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Atlus definitely seem to be using some form of Catherine engine, though just seems like it is for cut-scenes.
I don't think that's the case. They said they've been working on a new internal engine for a while for the next Persona for years. From a creative point of view, they probably just used it as inspiration.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 11:18   Link #548
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally some gameplay. The graphics are similar to Catherine's, but it's hard to tell if they look as good. City seems a lot bigger than the previous ones. Igor is back (I told you!) with lolis. The protagonists definitely seem more "ill-mannered" than the previous ones. They may even be criminals.

So far so good.
Old 2015-02-05, 11:27   Link #549
Iron Maw
Banned

MenuGIF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I don't think that's the case. They said they've been working on a new internal engine for a while for the next Persona for years. From a creative point of view, they probably just used it as inspiration.
Oh really? That's kind of a waste, but what they have certainly looks good enough for a late gen title.
Old 2015-02-05, 12:03   Link #550
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

honestly my issue of the menu is that is bit to stylize. which can be issue if we use it frequently

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 12:08   Link #551
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Oh really? That's kind of a waste, but what they have certainly looks good enough for a late gen title.
I have no knowledge on engines, but 2 engines wouldn't work together? I guess it's best they moved away from Gamebryo when working on a meatier game anyway.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 12:55   Link #552
Jun pls

The trailer loooks so amazing I wanna cry aaaaah.
Now I finally have a reason to get a PS4 (because I might as well get All-Out on it fufufu)

I guess there're no more infos about cast/release date yet (I can't read Japanese so maybe people can tell me otehrwise). But hopefully we'll get more infos soon
I definitely can't wait <333

Shion -- Senyuu
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 13:08   Link #553
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
MenuGIF:

I swear the menu transition was the most awesome part of the trailer. Oh also that fast-movement dungeons too!

N-now if only they're going to make the new SMT to be like this too ;_;

Also uh, is that MC transformed himself into persona at the end of the trailer?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 13:18   Link #554
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Oh also that fast-movement dungeons too!
That actually looked more like a stylized version of EO grid-based dungeon crawling to me
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 13:31   Link #555
Frontier

Finally! This was as well worth the wait .

General thoughts from the info we've been given and the trailer:

- Igor's back! And with Loli's as his new attendants! I wonder if this means he's finally been recasted or if they'll still just reuse lines and have the twin Loli's do most of the new exposition? Be interesting to see what the Loli's are like compared to the past attendants, and how their Social Link/"Cooperation" might work out. The Velvet Room looking like a prison cell fits well with the themes of the game and the protagonists dressing as Phantom Thief's.

- Speaking of, I wonder if the whole Phantom Thief thing is something the protagonists get thrown into because of the threat they're facing or if they're genuinely criminals wanted by the general public in their Phantom guises? Though the idea of dressing up as someone else and breaking the law's society sets against you would go well alongside the established themes of the game. It would also make sense with the comment about them being more "ill-behaved" compared to the casts of previous games.

- I definitely like Anzu's outfit as a Phantom Thief .

- I thought the graphics looked pretty good, and very reminiscent of Catherine even if it's a completely different engine .

- Jun Fukuyama as the Persona 5 MC is cool, and I can't wait to hear about the rest of the cast. I wonder if he'll also end up voicing another major character?

- The MC is definitely quite expressive, particularly when wearing his mask, and it'll be interesting to see how that translates, if at all, into gameplay.

- Man, those are some stylish menu's .

- So Cooperation is the Social Link equivalent for Persona 5? Or at least what it's being called in the Japanese version. I wonder if it'll basically still work the same or what new features might be added to it? I kinda get the feeling it might be party-centric, but that's probably wrong. It'll be interesting to see if we'll get more additions to the party then just the four characters introduced in the trailer.

- The MC's first Persona, which I assume is what the thing behind the MC in that promotional art is, looks pretty awesome and kinda reminds me of Izanagi in a way. Be even more awesome if the MC can actually turn into him .
Old 2015-02-05, 14:14   Link #556
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Well done, Atlus. I'm loving the style so far.
Old 2015-02-05, 15:00   Link #557
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
On the other hand I seem to recall reading somewhere that that Persona team was using Catherine to learn how to develop for the (then) new consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually the same engine from Catherine properly expanded and altered to fit into the gameplay of the Persona series. The overall aesthetic and the type of motions instantly reminded me of that particular game (not surprising since it's the same team). As a Software Developer myself I would risk betting on them forking and expanding the engine they already have for the PS3 instead of building yet another new engine (Atlus doesn't strike me as doing that unlike Square Enix ).
Old 2015-02-05, 15:01   Link #558
corefire

Flames+thief= i think the MC's first Persona is prometheus.
corefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 15:08   Link #559
Jun pls

Oh yeah, was is just me or were people wearing white/blank masks on the street (when you talk to your friends and their faces get cut-ins on the screen)
Wonder if that means something

Shion -- Senyuu
Jun pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 15:12   Link #560
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by corefire View Post
Flames+thief= i think the MC's first Persona is prometheus.
But the top hat, and muh emancipation and muh slaves. It's obviously Abraham Lincoln.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jrpg, persona 5, ps3, ps4, shin megami tensei