AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-01-15, 22:24   Link #41
Metaneo
Anime Watcher
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Elsewhere
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think it's to show her one-track mind when it comes to cosplay...
She's completely capable of noticing the effect she has on Gojo.... when her brain isn't focused on Cosplay
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 23:28   Link #42
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
She's completely capable of noticing the effect she has on Gojo.... when her brain isn't focused on Cosplay
And her limit is about when a guys' hand nearly brushes against her crotch .
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 23:29   Link #43
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.
You're trying way too hard to find something to dislike about this show.

All I will say is that don't worry, everything you might find to be a "problem" gets addressed, this is one of those rare cases of a well thought out manga story.
__________________
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 23:57   Link #44
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
i like that the dynamic at the end balances it out with both sides getting embarrassed. Instead of being too one-sided like Takagi
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 09:29   Link #45
Hata
時の異邦人
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Emerald City
During one of the oppai shaking scene the tv broadcast in Japan has an earthquake and tsunami warning text scrolling across the screen, the captured GIF is hilarious.
__________________
2022 Spring: Book Worm 3, GITS: SAC_2045 2, Komi-san 2,
Otome Games, Shenmue, Skeleton Knight, Spy x Family.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 11:28   Link #46
frubam
simp for Lyria
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: on the Grandcypher
Age: 38
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.
I thought the same thing, but at the same time, I wouldn't want her to be intentionally teasing him. That schtick of the gal and flustered boy has gotten old with me. I'd much more appreciate if he got over getting so overly flustered and addressed her like a normal person, not a virgin boy getting taken by a promiscuous tty girl
__________________
Pure of heart, precious as life (^,^ )


frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 13:19   Link #47
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
But man, I couldn't stop laughing as she casually explained the game to him for the first time. Like, just how are you supposed to react when a girl cheerfully talks about her love of a story where girls willingly become a man's slaves out of "love"?

And how does something like that get an anime? Even in a world with anime like Redo of Healer or World End Harem out there, I just can't imagine something like that getting through.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 13:35   Link #48
ryllharu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
And how does something like that get an anime? Even in a world with anime like Redo of Healer or World End Harem out there, I just can't imagine something like that getting through.
Freezing, Qwaser, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (which I remember as advertising itself as "girls in pain anime"), Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, Nana to Kaoru...they definitely make them and get broadcast more than you might suspect.

But she didn't specify if it got a mainstream anime or direct-to-video. Just that it was about to get one. It could get a sanitized or at least toned-down one for all we know.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 13:53   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 72
I thought the least Gojo could do was suggest that Marin hold the tape at the crotch end so he could measure the inseam without any fear of untoward contact.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 14:34   Link #50
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Freezing, Qwaser, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (which I remember as advertising itself as "girls in pain anime"), Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, Nana to Kaoru...they definitely make them and get broadcast more than you might suspect.
Most of the series you mentioned are far away from an anime with sex slaves though...

But then again if Redo of Healer can get through...
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 15:35   Link #51
ryllharu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Most of the series you mentioned are far away from an anime with sex slaves though...

But then again if Redo of Healer can get through...
I'm not sure if you just haven't watched some of those or if you do not remember them well (nor would I blame you if it was the latter). Do they share the main focus with what "Slippery Girls 2" apparently does?

Of course not, but they feature similar elements that have wormed their way into broadcast anime.

For instance, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai is most definitely not a wrestling anime, it only uses it as a window dressing.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 17:22   Link #52
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Apparently Redo of Healer was actually really popular with women, so...
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 17:53   Link #53
dmaxzero
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Loving it.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 18:51   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Most of the series you mentioned are far away from an anime with sex slaves though...

But then again if Redo of Healer can get through...
Katja in Seikon no Qwaser had her own sex slave. She wasn't too dissimilar to Shizuku-tan, she was doing it out of love.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 19:59   Link #55
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I'm not sure if you just haven't watched some of those or if you do not remember them well (nor would I blame you if it was the latter). Do they share the main focus with what "Slippery Girls 2" apparently does?

Of course not, but they feature similar elements that have wormed their way into broadcast anime.

For instance, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai is most definitely not a wrestling anime, it only uses it as a window dressing.
Well if you're talking about sexual or semi-sexual content, then sure they have some similarities. Just not the sex slave stuff for most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Katja in Seikon no Qwaser had her own sex slave. She wasn't too dissimilar to Shizuku-tan, she was doing it out of love.
Oh yeah, forgot about that part.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 21:21   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You're trying way too hard to find something to dislike about this show.

All I will say is that don't worry, everything you might find to be a "problem" gets addressed, this is one of those rare cases of a well thought out manga story.
What dislike? I think it is okay. It isn't saying much, but out of the new anime this season, I'd even say it is top 3! Not saying much though
I'm just pointing out something. You, as a manga reader, apparently think differently, but I only see it as some gal fanservice anime, so I don't subtract that many points on stupid moments. But it doesn't mean I won't point out the stupid moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I thought the same thing, but at the same time, I wouldn't want her to be intentionally teasing him. That schtick of the gal and flustered boy has gotten old with me. I'd much more appreciate if he got over getting so overly flustered and addressed her like a normal person, not a virgin boy getting taken by a promiscuous tty girl
I can see that. Hopefully the guy will have less "Aaabababbababa" moments in the future without having to go into his "I'm superfocused on my work and don't give a crap about my surroundings" trance.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 23:22   Link #57
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What dislike? I think it is okay. It isn't saying much, but out of the new anime this season, I'd even say it is top 3! Not saying much though
I'm just pointing out something. You, as a manga reader, apparently think differently, but I only see it as some gal fanservice anime, so I don't subtract that many points on stupid moments. But it doesn't mean I won't point out the stupid moments.
First of all, my being a manga reader has nothing to do with my comment, I'm just pointing out that you are trying way too hard to find something to dislike, nothing more nothing less, whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me (you do you), with that said, I will call out bad complaints when I see them.

Basically you one-sidedly decided not only to label the show something it isn't, but also that some moments are stupid just because you don't see the obvious staring you in the face... as in you proved my point.

In your previous comment you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
1.The girl plays eroge and likes that type of genre but is clueless about what happens with why he was acting so awkward towards her?
Frankly, 2.if she knew what she was doing and actively teased him, that would have been even more erotic, so I don't see what was gained by showing her as an idiot. She's a gal. People that like that genre are perfectly fine with "aggressive" girls.
1. This tells me that you practically ignored the part where she was shown to be obsessed with becoming the character to the point of ignoring some pretty obvious stuff, this is the girl that is so one-track mind that she went to the guys house because she couldn't wait one more day to start working on the cosplay, the same one that went on a one-sided serious explanation of the games story and never noticed Wakana's reaction to finding out she was talking about porn, of course she will be clueless to his actions when all she has in her mind at the moment is becoming her favorite character.

2. Here you just decided that she was shown as an idiot even though the show makes it's obvious when she is teasing him and when she is not (meaning that she is at least aware enough of the situation to wear a swimsuit which doesn't have the stigma underwear does), also, why should she be labeled an idiot for being comfortable showing her body without any real perverted intentions? Yes, Wakanas reactions to her are strong but that's on him, not on her and as the episode points out he knows it and decides to calm down a bit and take it more seriously... it's right there, just saying.

That entire comment was just you one sidedly deciding that nothing was explained, that character actions happened for no reason and that the character must be acting stupid just because, even though the last two episodes had already established good reasons for said actions.

And I didn't need any manga knowledge to figure that out (haven't even re-read those chapters)... just saying.

Like I said in a previous post, don't expect this to be like other kind of similar shows, just give it time to show it's true colors, if the adaptation is done well (so far it's fantastic) you'll get to see soon enough.
__________________

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2022-01-16 at 23:36.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 20:45   Link #58
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Gojo's ep 1 comments disparaging Marin's costume reminds me what a vicious, elitist world cosplay can apparently be, and that I haven't come across a series, including this one, that shows that. Of course IRL cosplayers often make their own clothes. Tanaka and Ohno from Genshiken were adorable, but it's a little wearing that there has to be a guy who makes the clothes and a pretty girl who wears them. Because there has to be a guy, and the apparent purpose of cosplay is to dress up girls in sexy outfits for male consumption, while she also selflessly serves up for the male a new outlook on life, in true manic pixie dream girl tradition.

Like Ohno, Marin talks about acting out the characters rather than simply dispensing fanservice; unlike Ohno, I'm not buying it. All her fine words about porn just conveniently being what she likes resemble a calculated authorial strategy, for making the misogynistic games that men like seem less immoral and anti-woman. I can't say that I don't consume problematic media myself; it's the dishonesty I object to, as well as the tasteless pantyshot. A different interpretation might be possible, which can't be said about every series, but not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I thought the same thing, but at the same time, I wouldn't want her to be intentionally teasing him. That schtick of the gal and flustered boy has gotten old with me. I'd much more appreciate if he got over getting so overly flustered and addressed her like a normal person, not a virgin boy getting taken by a promiscuous tty girl
Takagi-san works because of non-sexual innocent teasing, which never gets old, especially thanks to rarity value of moments when Takagi gets flustered giving them special impact. I never even picked up Hajimete no Gal; one sided sexual teasing looks painful and tasteless from the start. Nagatoro has a very strong balance of embarrassment on both the male and female side, with sempai's continuing nervous character making it continually impressive when he musters his courage.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 21:02   Link #59
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Like Ohno, Marin talks about acting out the characters rather than simply dispensing fanservice; unlike Ohno, I'm not buying it. All her fine words about porn just conveniently being what she likes resemble a calculated authorial strategy, for making the misogynistic games that men like seem less immoral and anti-woman. I can't say that I don't consume problematic media myself; it's the dishonesty I object to, as well as the tasteless pantyshot. A different interpretation might be possible, which can't be said about every series, but not for me.
Judging by what we've seen of Marin her tastes seem to run "cute girls" and "loving (if dominant) sex" .
__________________
Frontier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 21:28   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
1. This tells me that you practically ignored the part where she was shown to be obsessed with becoming the character to the point of ignoring some pretty obvious stuff, this is the girl that is so one-track mind that she went to the guys house because she couldn't wait one more day to start working on the cosplay, the same one that went on a one-sided serious explanation of the games story and never noticed Wakana's reaction to finding out she was talking about porn, of course she will be clueless to his actions when all she has in her mind at the moment is becoming her favorite character.
Yeah, I kinda realized that both characters have a trance gimmick that allows them to do anything they want because... trance!
Having just come into the series, I still care about common sense, but I see you are already at the "they can do whatever they want" state.

Perfectly fine watching porn in front of dad! Why? Because... trance! Still stupid. But hey, the laughs, right?
Until that manga readers comes along and starts going "It's not stupid! Uooohh, don't say that!"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And I didn't need any manga knowledge to figure that out (haven't even re-read those chapters)... just saying.

Like I said in a previous post, don't expect this to be like other kind of similar shows, just give it time to show it's true colors, if the adaptation is done well (so far it's fantastic) you'll get to see soon enough.
Look, you've read the manga. You obviously also have positive bias towards it. That isn't something that requires fresh memories.
You also wouldn't be here saying stuff like "Everything will be explained" or "It isn't like other shows" if you didn't read the manga.
It's like when 86 or whatever that was called aired and people were questioning things here and there, and the readers kept on butting-in and were like "No, this isn't a problem. It will be explained." and half-spoiling the future.
Luckily, this isn't a plot-heavy story and you are just telling us what we know, that everything unnatural that occurs is because both characters can get super-focused when the story wants them to be.

But hey, chill, that's fine. It might be stupid, but it is fine. The audience gets the luls and enjoys the characters' interactions with each other. We aren't expecting Smile Down the Runway from this anime. We're expecting Gal deliciousness.

I guess an easy comparison is Jojo. You know, how Araki forgets all the time and comes up with stuff that never appears again? But that doesn't stop people from liking Jojo? It's the same. An anime can have holes and still be great.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.