AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-01-03, 13:50   Link #261
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"Chapter 74 will not be published on Mangaplus"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Having seen the Korean scanlation, I have a very good idea what happened: Viz, being a bunch of prudes, refused to translate the chapter because there were naked lolis (though neither of them are "real" lolis) in it, with Lucy molesting Rochka to boot. Only fan translations can save us now. With a precedent like this, this series is pretty much screwed as far as official translations are concerned. Viz even pulled out the first two volumes they translated from their site a few weeks ago.

Fuck them all, and I hope Yabuki won't be forced to censor himself (I doubt they have that kind of pull, but...).
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...hapter/.181188
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 00:19   Link #262
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"Chapter 74 will not be published on Mangaplus"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Having seen the Korean scanlation, I have a very good idea what happened: Viz, being a bunch of prudes, refused to translate the chapter because there were naked lolis (though neither of them are "real" lolis) in it, with Lucy molesting Rochka to boot. Only fan translations can save us now. With a precedent like this, this series is pretty much screwed as far as official translations are concerned. Viz even pulled out the first two volumes they translated from their site a few weeks ago.

Fuck them all, and I hope Yabuki won't be forced to censor himself (I doubt they have that kind of pull, but...).
Most likely, they're afraid that their app will get pulled from Google and Amazon if they published it. Based on the pattern of how it's gone down, this decision likely came down from Shueisha.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 03:25   Link #263
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: at port, docked
To be honest, I've been expecting something like this to eventually happen for a while now, and Yabuki likely has been aware of the possibility as well, judging by the in-universe comment way back about how the shit that goes down between the girls isn't as acceptable in this day and age.

Amazon's purged Japanese series for much less than what goes on here, so it's really not a surprise. We live in an age where showing worse crap using real-life actors a la Game of Thrones is perfectly acceptable, but woe betide a light novel having an image of 2D cartoon kids bathing.

I don't blame Viz for wanting to save its skin, but removing the entire chapter was a dumb and lazy move. Though considering how low-quality the translations and editing on those translations have become for most of its series, dumb and lazy are becoming the status quo, I suppose.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 04:24   Link #264
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: rich mansion with maids
Alright scan group do your job now
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 05:00   Link #265
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Now just imagine if this chapter contains plot critical stuff too...
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 08:11   Link #266
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Now just imagine if this chapter contains plot critical stuff too...
People are saying there is actully plot-related stuff in the last few pages.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 08:22   Link #267
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Most likely, they're afraid that their app will get pulled from Google and Amazon if they published it. Based on the pattern of how it's gone down, this decision likely came down from Shueisha.
Then they would just put it on the website and just not the app. It's telling that Viz started to remove digital volumes everywhere prior to this. Although Shueisha had the final say, I'm almost certain this came from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
People are saying there is actully plot-related stuff in the last few pages.
There is. Really important, too. There are chapters that could be skipped, but not this one.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 08:46   Link #268
Lex79
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Italy
Great. I can only imagine how pissed readers are going to be from this stunt.
__________________
You will die, mortal
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 10:44   Link #269
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Yabuki pushed his luck a bit too much.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 11:01   Link #270
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 33
The point is that they could just censor it or cut the fanservice part. It's a super lazy and prety dumb move.

Yabuki was alwaysd this way. People should be familiar by now.
__________________
F/GO: 828 004 124
My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 19:09   Link #271
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Well, anyway, the chapter was translated by a kind soul. I chuckled at the very first page since the title has "Part 1" in it, meaning those idiots are skipping the first chapter of a multiple part story.

It was actually rather refreshing to read a fan translation, since it kept honorifics and made me realize Lu speaks like an otaku and even refers to herself in the third person. The Black Cat reference was nice. I wonder what kind of conclusion Lu will come too now that she's found out that "Shiromatsu" is actually Matsuri. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a To Love-ru reference here with her assuming Matsuri is from Run's race and he can change genders when he sneezes.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 10:25   Link #272
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
These fuckers did it again
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 10:43   Link #273
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Hahahahahahahaha
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 12:56   Link #274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
So it wasn't because of Rochka, but Lu. Who is the same age as the other girls and simply has a flat chest. That's actually pretty discriminating, isn't it?

And if it's plain old nudity that has become a problem, then drop it instead of announcing at the last minute the chapter won't be translated.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 18:29   Link #275
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Freeza art by Yabuki but I got too distracted by his butt.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 02:44   Link #276
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So it wasn't because of Rochka, but Lu. Who is the same age as the other girls and simply has a flat chest. That's actually pretty discriminating, isn't it?
Actually that scene of Rochka and Lu from previous chapter is shown again
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 18:03   Link #277
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Actually that scene of Rochka and Lu from previous chapter is shown again
It's a super small panel, and they could have easily just removed it. Maybe the reason is that this was a two-parter so they thought that since they skipped the first half, might as well skip the second half to not confuse readers.

Anyway, about the chapter. It was very funny to see Suzu sweat bullets, and even use Shirogane's catchphrase (which he stole from Yui) and have him call her out on it. Lu now knows that Matsuri is a boy but still has huge misunderstandings about it.

I've been thinking so for a while, but Yabuki is totally pulling a Power Girl with Matsuri, right? His tits are getting bigger every chapter. A little more and he'll overtake Mei, and by the end of the manga, his mom. Speaking of Mei, she'll be back with another ploy next chapter.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 18:39   Link #278
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's a super small panel, and they could have easily just removed it.
I would rather them not translate the chapter over censoring it like that, if only to avoid the inevitable shitstorm online. I would think Jump and Yabuki would feel the same.

Quote:
I've been thinking so for a while, but Yabuki is totally pulling a Power Girl with Matsuri, right? His tits are getting bigger every chapter. A little more and he'll overtake Mei, and by the end of the manga, his mom. Speaking of Mei, she'll be back with another ploy next chapter.
Now that's an idea.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 19:24   Link #279
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I would rather them not translate the chapter over censoring it like that, if only to avoid the inevitable shitstorm online. I would think Jump and Yabuki would feel the same.
Better than skipping entire chapters without providing a single reason. They're essentially censoring the entire chapters that way.

They've even removed Yabuki from the author's comments.

They'd never dare pull shit like that with a popular series.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-21, 17:13   Link #280
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Some spoilers came out...

Spoiler for 76:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ayakashi, genben, harem, ninja, riko, romance, shameless fmc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.