AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-12-12, 09:43   Link #1
Silentwolfie

Next life (Web novel/Light Novel)

Traditional Chinese Book Version photos taken by my phone. I ordered 2 different JP titles from Japan (hopefully they are a great read.) which will be coming later at the end of the month. I'll take some of the pictures when they come in to the respective titles.

Spoiler for Picture 1:

Spoiler for Picture 2:

Personal opinion: Pretty good start for the light novel to me, but I found out quickly this series gets ripped apart by JP netizens in the later volumes for being a "wtf where is foreshadowing? this is confusing!" and "wtf characters what are you doing? did you just step into a trap with no planning?" as well as various complaints about Gary Stu saving the day with his invincible one button win magic.

Not sure about webnovel version, but from little I have read so far, the webnovel version is VERY different compared to the light novel, at least for the start of the series.

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n0744bf/

Spoiler for Lightnovel volume 1 summary spoilers:

Last edited by Silentwolfie; 2014-12-12 at 10:16.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 09:57   Link #2
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Hmm, another reincarnation themed story huh (what could the twist be...if there is one).

Info from your summary is interesting enough...though what really got my attention is the novel artworks (very nice, seems familiar).

Kinda' odd how he died & yet somehow reincarnated as his MMO self. Seems like there is hardly any connection at all (aside from telling his pal about it).
Old 2014-12-12, 10:12   Link #3
VooXoo

He reincarnated in his game persona but he jumped the growing up stages and just end up in a adult body, like other MMO reincarnation novels, just this time the MC wasn't at a PC.
Maybe is because he lived a just life and his last wish was living in his favourite game.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 10:32   Link #4
Jirachier

I love how people complain whenever 1 out of 100000 series has a Gary Stu. We can't even have that much.
Old 2014-12-12, 12:52   Link #5
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Connection...well. If the guy is a gamer it could be a reflection of how some people treat their characters like a second life. It just sort of actualized in this case. And while he came in full equip and with his powers. He still has to practice with them because he doesn't have full control right off.

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 13:51   Link #6
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I love how people complain whenever 1 out of 100000 series has a Gary Stu. We can't even have that much.
No matter what people will complain. It does not matter even if you make training arc or make MC stay always weak people can only complain and can not give ideas on how to better things.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 15:56   Link #7
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

*chuckle* the start is so different~
Spoiler for web novel start:

By the way, the art for the 1st and 2nd volume is done by Ukai Saki-sensei, whom you guys might know from his other gorgeous artworks: Black Bullet (and Tobenai chou to Sora no Shachihoko, Graustandia Koukoku Monogatari, Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu wo Mezasou) while the 3rd and onwards is taken over by Manyako, an artist who also done: Strike the Blood (and Boku wa Isekai de Fuyo Mahou to Shoukan Mahou wo Tenbin ni Kakeru, Shirohime Quest), the change is due to unknown reason (health problem maybe? or Ukai Saki sensei has his hands full?)

I want my Auranith-sama in the cover~~
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 21:31   Link #8
bladestorm91

Haven't read it yet, but what is different in the web novel version?
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-13, 07:52   Link #9
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestorm91 View Post
There was a summary of the LN's beginning in the OP and a summary of the beginning onthe post directly above yours...?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 21:42   Link #10
KODOQU

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestorm91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
There was a summary of the LN's beginning in the OP and a summary of the beginning onthe post directly above yours...?
it follows a totally different route (as in heroines involved in the story) as well as a different ending as the webnovel is finished
as the author mentioned here
http://mypage.syosetu.com/mypageblog...logkey/679474/

basically same setting but different story
KODOQU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 01:09   Link #11
vivaldi_in_tropical

jin aino illustration...
vivaldi_in_tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 04:24   Link #12
wtfkjp
Time Traveller

this is interesting, i will be bookmarking this because i know someone would translate this
wtfkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 05:48   Link #13
laon
Hantai

I've read the web novel version and it was rather good if not a bit amateurish on the overall pace. Would love to read the novel version someday, I'm not too eager though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
lol the problem is much bigger than that, the MC is always a gary stu right from the beginning but the fans didn't exactly complain until later parts. You can make a guess as to why.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 07:57   Link #14
Namorax

Apologies for necroing this thread, but acording to this (https://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=7179), there is a group that decided to translate the series. I wanted to give it a try, but I was unable to find any links anywhere.

At best, I found various "tracker" sites that told me various chapters for this series were released, but none of them provide a link so I can actually read this.

Could someone please share a link if they are able to track down the released chapters?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 09:21   Link #15
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Well, they seem to be new so maybe they're still preparing what they've already finished.

Hmm, it renewed my interest when I found out that its WN is already completed. Gotta' bump it in my backlog I guess...
Old 2017-08-11, 05:48   Link #16
VooXoo

interesting, so the web novel followed a totally different(and more cliche) plot and the light novel changed it all aside the MC power and arrival.

I honestly forgot this novel, the manga adaption brought me back here.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-03, 12:49   Link #17
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Just found out that Next Life had snusnu
And with thot enemy at that
Normally MC won't touch anyone except heroine for whatever reason
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote