AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 25 40.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 27.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-26, 22:30   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 25 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 25.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-09-26, 23:48   Link #2
Vicious108

My favorite chapters will finally be animated in this episode. Can't wait.
Old 2009-09-27, 06:07   Link #3
Dead Cake

This episode was just so awesome! I wasn't disappointed at all and I had very high expectations since this is my favorite arc! On the contrary I was astonished how well it was made and they even added new material which brought more intensity to the manga scenes! I especially loved the music, voiceacting and the pace of the scenes was great!
Old 2009-09-27, 06:12   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Two chapters animated this week. First half may seem a little slow, though i liked it, plus the Envy stuff in the second have was nicely adapted. Especially how creepy the scene was with him admitting to starting the war.

Not to sure if i like CGI Envy true form, though i guess it's something i need to get used to a bit.

They don't show the scene i've been looking forward to in the preview, though it will probably happen next week. The few scenes we manga readers have been waiting to see animated.
Old 2009-09-27, 09:37   Link #5
Vicious108

Fantastic episode.

Even if it was in CGI, I was pleased with how they animated Envy's true form. Only I thought the faces on him were going to be white like in the OP, but oh well. Also, I like his also transformed voice.

The music used for his transformation added a lot to the scene as well, as did the rest of the BGM in this episode, which was actually placed really well, unlike in some other eps.

And I've said it last week but I'm gonna have to say it again, Minami Takayama as Envy is just pure win. Scene where he goes nearly batshit insane on Ed and Ling was great.

Speaking of which, actually showing Envy shooting the Ishvalan child was a pretty nice addition. I was actually disappointed when the manga never showed it, so seeing it here was definitely a pleasant surprise.

In fact the only letdown this episode, and a minor one, was probably the lack of Ling's joke "If I become emperor, I'll have have Xing historians badmouth you as the man who fed shoes to the emperor." At least I think it wasn't there, but can't be sure since I haven't seen the episode subbed yet. And oh well at least they kept the Elric telepathy. That was priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Two chapters animated this week.
1 chapter and 15 pages actually. Which resulted in a great pacing, IMO. Hopefully they'll keep it up.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:14   Link #6
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

was Elric Telepathy in?
Old 2009-09-27, 10:28   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
1 chapter and 15 pages actually. Which resulted in a great pacing, IMO. Hopefully they'll keep it up.
I don't see why we have to be so exact, but whatever.

It's just doing what this adaptation has done in the past. Moving some events around, though nothing that major this time around.
Old 2009-09-27, 10:31   Link #8
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why we have to be so exact, but whatever.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
was Elric Telepathy in?
Yes, as I mentioned in my post.

Romi Paku screamed her heart out in that scene.
Old 2009-09-27, 13:29   Link #9
Ziziphus
Whatever

Excellent episode! (the series keeps getting better and better imo )

Not only did they keep in most of the material, they also added new scenes (the scene with the Ishvalan child, the humor scene with May Chang, more scenes of the mini panda) which all worked very well. Envy showing his true color (it's green) was quite a scene to watch, good thing they did it decently.

One complaint I have for this ep is despite being in a place full of blood, Ed and Ling somehow managed to keep their clothes and skin clean. Especially Ed, last episode we saw him with blood all over his hair and face, but it all disappeared in this ep... Oh well!

Looking forward to next ep, there's one scene I'm really really dying to see and I hope they handle it well!
Old 2009-09-27, 13:34   Link #10
xellos2099

Loved this adaption as well. This mark the beginning of Ed's bad taste in design and look look of despair on Mustang face.
Old 2009-09-27, 14:02   Link #11
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Loved this adaption as well. This mark the beginning of Ed's bad taste in design
In Brotherhood, yeah. And it's a shame cause some of Ed's awesomely wacky designs from the manga have already been missed.
Old 2009-09-27, 15:49   Link #12
Haladflire65
*Artist

Nice episode. Envy's big form's not bad at all - but the green colour did bother me a little. The comedy was hilarious. FMA really has a genius sense of humor. I thought Roy's expression of shock/despair was really well done - when his subordinates were taken from him.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2009-09-27, 18:51   Link #13
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
In Brotherhood, yeah. And it's a shame cause some of Ed's awesomely wacky designs from the manga have already been missed.
Not really, the only thing missed from brotherhood is the Leto's statue. I think it look ok but someone else say it got bad taste in it.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:35   Link #14
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Not really, the only thing missed from brotherhood is the Leto's statue. I think it look ok but someone else say it got bad taste in it.
There was also Ran Fan's mask and the horse that Ed made at Izumi's place. In fact so far all of the jokes about his artwork have been cut. The only one they kept is what he did to the baby carriage in episode 21 but I doubt people who do not read the manga really got the significance of that since they cut the rest.
Old 2009-09-27, 19:54   Link #15
xellos2099

O right, I almost forgot about those. They better keep the "drawing" one coming up soonish
Old 2009-09-27, 21:39   Link #16
orangejuicetang

Pretty good episode. My only compliant was
Spoiler for episode:

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-28, 03:37   Link #17
mpt37

When I first started watching this anime it wasn't very high on my priority list, but after these last few episodes it's been bumped to the top of my watch list. I stayed up late today just to watch this ep and it was worth it.

The Elric Telepathy scene is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, Ed must've been delusional. I love it when they go from really serious to comedy in a split second.

Comedy aside, this ep left more cliff hangers once again and I can't wait to see how things turn out. Envy's true form was a surprise and it's going to make for one entertaining fight. Mustang's got his work cut out for him now that Bradley's making his move. Hopefully we get to see who the homunculus's "father" is as well next ep.

Must resist reading manga material that hasn't been animated.
Old 2009-09-28, 06:20   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Pretty good episode. My only compliant was
Spoiler for episode:
Yeah i was hoping to see this. Kind of a let down that it was missed out.

We should get more lines from true form Envy next episode anyway.
Old 2009-09-28, 08:19   Link #19
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
me after the episode: SON OF A BEEECH! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER!!!!

10/10 from me!
Old 2009-09-28, 09:02   Link #20
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Another really good episode.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Closed Thread