AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-20, 01:25   Link #61
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Spoiler:

^ Falcon Pawnch would be an understatement. (first gif I've ever made, sorry it's so small but that's as far as I could narrow it down without the file being too large)

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I don't think there's a single moment in S that I've disliked, as opposed to Index. If the rest of the episodes are like this I don't know if I ever want it to end.

10/10.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 01:34   Link #62
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Regarding IB:
There is no visual effect but there is indeed a sound effect present in the story. It's been noted that there is a high-pitched noise that sounds like something is shattering whenever IB gets into contact with anything supernatural. That sound effect is intentional.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 01:54   Link #63
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

As much as I enjoyed the episode, there was something off about it. I feel like there were some soundtracks missing that should have been there. There was also some questionable animation going on there. There were a few signs of this episode being rushed compared to the previous episode.

But still, the voice acting, the IB SFX & VFX, the solid punch, the wind scene, the 'AMAAAZING' flying Touma! A solid 9/10.
Old 2013-07-20, 02:05   Link #64
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Touma vs Accelerator was way too short which was a huge disappointment for me because it was the main reason I bothered to watch Railgun S. At least the animation for the fight was much better but that's to be expected considering it has been 5 years since Index 1. Also just my opinion but Accelerator's laugh was way better in Index. Except for my minor gripes it's still a great episode though.
Old 2013-07-20, 02:48   Link #65
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
This episode! Whoa, I am impressed. Everything was just fabulous. The voice acting and soundtrack was just perfect. I am just amazed by Okamoto's performance here. Just wow.
Old 2013-07-20, 03:00   Link #66
Cannikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Had to laugh during that scene where Touma gets knocked down but miraculously floats above the ground and pulls out a punch. That was so ridiculous.
The animation for that shot was definitely a bit weird, making it look like Touma was flying. In the manga it was pretty clear that he was simply ducking to dodge the flying rocks.
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 03:23   Link #67
GundamZZ
残念美人

Accelerator proves himself as one of the best espers. He has rather high HP. To knock out Accelerator, One Punch Man would throw several punches to put him down.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 03:38   Link #68
Tranhieu

The whole episode felt as if it lasted for only 5 minutes! Railgun S is now in the list of my 'must re-watch series' and it's still climbing up the rankings.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 03:48   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly Accelerator is proving he has decent durability himself. For a guy who can't even be touched getting punched down several times has to be a shocking experience. Certainly smart enough to know something is up with that right hand, but naturally not having any idea what exactly it is.

Not an easy fight to say the least. Touma is still pretty damaged from Mikoto's earlier attacks and just got messed up in this one. It's pure willpower keeping him conscious at this point.

Just another great episode. Cliffhanger is fine when the episode has a lot of great moments in it. At this point a good group effort being put forward to bring Accelerator down. It'd be over already without Mikoto's plea and the Sisters cooperating in order to disrupt that plasma.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:20   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Touma vs Accelerator was way too short which was a huge disappointment for me because it was the main reason I bothered to watch Railgun S. At least the animation for the fight was much better but that's to be expected considering it has been 5 years since Index 1. Also just my opinion but Accelerator's laugh was way better in Index. Except for my minor gripes it's still a great episode though.

They spent all their effort into that one punch, putting in a ridiculous amount of gusto into it...Only to cop out later with that lazy exchange from Mikoto's PoV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
Spoiler:
Four episodes ago when he appeared in front of the vending machine people were cheering that Kamijou is back, but he wasn't- not really.

THIS scene, this is the exact moment when Kamijou has officially returned
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 04:25   Link #71
Cannikin

From the looks of the "plasma", obviously Accelerator's real objective is...
Spoiler for Skyrim:
Cannikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 04:56   Link #72
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Aren't the Imagine breaker sounds due to Accelerator's reflection getting canceled as Touma punches with his right hand?
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 05:01   Link #73
hamazura
whatever

I dont like that sound effect...
Old 2013-07-20, 05:08   Link #74
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

That ending/Cliffhanger. And thus, the KamijouXMisaka shippers go wild.

For me at least, that was by far the best episode in the history of Raildex. They weren't afraid to re imagine the battle to not only improve it but to also freshen it up for veterans and it worked amazingly. I don't think I've ever seen animation of this quality and budget in a televised anime before. JC Staff just keep on hitting those home runs.

All I want for Christmas is Index Season 3 with this team in charge of it.
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 05:11   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm not sure it actually makes a sound, I thought that was just a sound effect for the benefit of the viewer as well.
Actually it does- the sound effect could be heard by the characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Aren't the Imagine breaker sounds due to Accelerator's reflection getting canceled as Touma punches with his right hand?
Of course.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 05:20   Link #76
hoshino_crimsonwings

That is true actually.
Old 2013-07-20, 05:49   Link #77
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

15/10

...Well, even if I went through quite the fit of rage due to the cliffhanger.
But heck that was a good placement.

As amazing per usual, sound acting was great, but the soundtrack wasn't as awesome as last week, I think the Index version had better soundtrack for the fight than Railgun S.

The animation... I'm bloody in love with it, putting the void of the universe called 'Plasma' aside, the 5-year differences between Index and Railgun S is simply incredible.

This episode is definitely at the top of my "must rewatch episode" list, the fight was really awesome.
Old 2013-07-20, 06:09   Link #78
Reality_Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm expecting this:
Spoiler for Comparison to Index anime:
Just saw the episode and seeing this made me notice how epic the Railgun version really is

We finally see the real Kamijou Touma animated

Last edited by Reality_Breaker; 2013-07-20 at 06:30.
Reality_Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 06:51   Link #79
HandofFate

Liked how the battle damage in this whole arc is a lot more enhanced.
In all the Index arcs, every time Touma got sent to the hospital each time at the end, it seemed like he just got a bump on the head or skinned his knee.

Now we get to see the battle damage and exhaustion he's getting from dodging every kill-move by a hair and getting flown around.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 07:16   Link #80
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Masterpiece. No other words are needed.

Except for the fact that this would have been more interesting if Touma's power wasn't just limited at his right hand, but created a field of ESP cancel around his whole body, or even bigger.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote