5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-09, 15:07   Link #121
Fome

Well it's obvious assassin is not really dead this episode. I can only surmise that he has an ability that revives him, or he can play dead. Or maybe he can make clones or something. I'm sure all of you who've read the novel are raging at my shitty speculation

Also, best OP and ED I've seen in a long while.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:40   Link #122
Luminisk

Alexander the Great is a lot more older and easy going than I expected.
Now, if some of his awesomeness can rub off on Waver.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 16:46   Link #123
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Well it's obvious assassin is not really dead this episode. I can only surmise that he has an ability that revives him, or he can play dead. Or maybe he can make clones or something. I'm sure all of you who've read the novel are raging at my shitty speculation

He dead man he dead. He ain't coming back from the grave.

Unless Archer is that great of an actor.

Quote:
Alexander the Great is a lot more older and easy going than I expected.
Now, if some of his awesomeness can rub off on Waver.
Artistic license I know but Alexander the Great shouldn't even be that big to begin with
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:40   Link #124
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Alexander the Great didn't have a beard...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:43   Link #125
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know this is a work of fiction...right?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:46   Link #126
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why'd you think that? O_o
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 17:56   Link #127
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Why'd you think that? O_o
http://www.google.nl/search?gcx=c&ix...w=1372&bih=815

In no picture here he has a bread.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 18:19   Link #128
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post

Nah, he IS dead but NOT dead
Old 2011-10-09, 18:21   Link #129
ZeKeR
Superbad

so anyone wants to start the annoying debate about how the Great Rider of Macedon was gay/bi?
Old 2011-10-09, 18:22   Link #130
Azami

The first two episodes of this anime have been mind-blowing, and I have really high expectations for the rest of the series - I especially like the art style and most of the characters.
However because of my lack of previous experience with the Fate franchise I have found some things about it really confusing, like some of the terms that have been used (prana? magic circuit? familiar?) and the actual requirements for summoning a servant (I didn't see Ryuunosuke using any relic such as Excalibur's sheath or skin of the first snake), but hopefully I will come to understand them as I watch more episodes.

I also found this on another forum earlier today:
Spoiler for picture:
Azami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 18:27   Link #131
LostHanyou

That chart is pretty stupid but I won't go into detail as to why.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 18:36   Link #132
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azami View Post
I'm not sure if this is legit, but judging by the stats of the characters (not counting that one omake char)
I'm pretty sure it's not legit. The fifth category (and how it changes for everyone) should be a big enough hint, really. Oh, and the other character isn't an "omake", he's the protagonist of the sequel. He's presumably there for comparison....

Quote:
I have to wonder what is the point of some of them even participating in the war?

The only good stats for Ryuunosuke for example are "hobby" and "courage", and his servant is mediocre so I would assume that he does not stand a chance against Kirisugu or Tokiomi.
His "point" for participating is to kill people. And, indeed, he didn't even know what he was signing up for....

Quote:
I would also like to know if a powerful mage can actually beat a servant in direct battle, because if the servants are always stronger than humans wouldn't Kirei be totally screwed in this war because his servant is so weak? On the other hand would it be possible for Waver to beat Archibald with his overpowered servant even though Archibald's magic and combat abilities are vastly superior?
Servants are supposed to be far more powerful than magi, so in general it's not, no. They can attack other masters, though....

Quote:
Check out Kariya's luck btw
Well, yeah, he's not the luckiest of people. Although, having said that, pretty much everything that has gone wrong here has been due to his own actions, rather than bad luck (the exception being Sakura being given away, and really that's more her bad luck than his).

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2011-10-09 at 19:31.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:31   Link #133
SorenSan

Question for those who read the novel... is knowing berserker true identity a big spoiler?
SorenSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:33   Link #134
hoarfrost

It is in the novel, but ufotable apparently aren't treating it as one given how blatant the ED still is to anyone with cursory knowledge of the legend.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:42   Link #135
Yuna Amakura

LOL at the chart. This is from Persona 4.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:47   Link #136
Azami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not legit. The fifth category (and how it changes for everyone) should be a big enough hint, really. Of, and the other character isn't an "omake", he's the protagonist of the sequel. He's presumably there for comparison....
Well yeah, I didn't take most of the chart seriously because of the non-consistent and totally retarded categories that most of the characters had but I was mainly thinking about the power statistics.
The text at the top that sequel character's chart says omake so that's why I referred to him as such.

Would it be a bad idea to watch the sequel series now, before finishing this one? My plan was to watch it after Zero so that the events would be in chronological order but maybe I could get a better grasp of the series' concepts by watching it first.
Azami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 20:37   Link #137
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azami View Post
Would it be a bad idea to watch the sequel series now, before finishing this one? My plan was to watch it after Zero so that the events would be in chronological order but maybe I could get a better grasp of the series' concepts by watching it first.
You certainly would. Fate/Stay Night is the true introduction to the "Fateverse" and has a lot more world-building than Fate/Zero. This prequel is clearly one of those that's aimed at people who've already experienced what proceeds it chronologically. There are a lot of moments that are almost "winks" to people who've gone through F/SN. Now obviously you don't absolutely need to have experienced it in order to follow the story of Zero, but having done so can only increase your enjoyment and understanding of the latter in my opinion.

Either way, if you do wish to experience the F/SN, I'd recommend going with reading/playing it, aka the Visual Novel, rather than watching the anime, which was a rather crummy adaptation. Though that might be a little too time consuming for you, I suppose.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:02   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so anyone wants to start the annoying debate about how the Great Rider of Macedon was gay/bi?
No, thank you. I already receive enough answers/guesses to that question of mine from other posters . Now I'm just wondering why Bluebeard's eyes look like that.
Old 2011-10-09, 21:09   Link #139
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Probably to show how far gone over the edge he is. The real bluebeard is portrayed as prettier in french paintings. Honestly, Zero Caster makes me want to see Elizabeth Bathory as Servant.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:08   Link #140
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The endings can be a little spoilerish, but only if you are familiar with all of those legends and I don't think the average person is.

And to be honest, the only servants whose identity I ever cared about was F/SN Rider (whose identity I suspected from the beginning of Fate, haha) and Saber's. When I found out everyone else's, it was just a general "That's cool" reaction.