AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 06:20   Link #441
Insane
Banned

Are there any explanations about origins or backgrounds of each Vanadis? (Just like Lyudmira that came from noble house), and how they achieved their positions as Vanadis?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:52   Link #442
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Are there any explanations about origins or backgrounds of each Vanadis? (Just like Lyudmira that came from noble house), and how they achieved their positions as Vanadis?
Viralt picks owner = hello Vanadis. Been mentioned several times before, Vanadis are Vanadis because they were picked by their Viralt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
BTW, I wonder why Elizabetha makes Ellen her rival and tries to compete against her at everything...
Spoiler for The bad blood between Elenore and Elizabetha:

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-29 at 07:27.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 10:08   Link #443
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

the manga posted at mangapark.... XD
Old 2012-09-30, 10:27   Link #444
ragez2010
TamingSari

wow this series really good, i thought it's going to be like MISUMARUKA KOUKOKU MONOGATARI. that LN full of betrayal and back stab and i hope this LN did not follow that route. the MC skil in archery remind me of Princess momonoke.
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 14:57   Link #445
Ddraig

Finally get to see manga being translate. Hopefully this will draw people attention and someone will work on the LN translation in the future.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 17:58   Link #446
Insane
Banned

For some reason, Tigre's appearance in manga is kinda lame.
Old 2012-09-30, 17:59   Link #447
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
For some reason, Tigre's appearance in manga is kinda lame.
They don't make it clear that he was aiming for and hit the heads of the horses/knight and that each of his shots aimed directly at Elen's face.. Makes him seem less awesome.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:03   Link #448
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
They don't make it clear that he was aiming for and hit the heads of the horses/knight and that each of his shots aimed directly at Elen's face.. Makes him seem less awesome.
Well that's more obvious adaptation constraints. They don't want to waste space on his monologue.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:29   Link #449
Insane
Banned

I wish the manga will be serialized in long run, unlike Mayoi Neko that got cancelled after a couple of chapters, even though it has unique premise.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:04   Link #450
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Those with sharp eyes should be able to tell the reused frames, heh.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:10   Link #451
Insane
Banned

Probably because it's serialized in not so famous manga magazine that they have to slaughter many materials.
Old 2012-10-01, 01:24   Link #452
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I find it funny how the best and most likable character ever Zyan never made his appearance, considering that he's the one who
Spoiler:
when Elenore's forces caught them from behind.
Old 2012-10-01, 03:25   Link #453
NeutralZero

they may use that as a flash-black... who knows...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:35   Link #454
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Probably lumped in with Chapter 2's flashback moment, right before Limalicia's very nice wake-up call.
Old 2012-10-01, 03:45   Link #455
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Just finished reading vol 1. While interesting, the story somehow feel shounen-y compared to what Ehrjegel post, although far less than HSDxD XD. Still plan to continue reading the rest though
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:54   Link #456
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Just finished reading vol 1. While interesting, the story somehow feel shounen-y compared to what Ehrjegel post, although far less than HSDxD XD. Still plan to continue reading the rest though
Volume 1 never really gets into the meat of Vanadis' story; it did help lay down some foundations, such as:
-Tigre's first encounter with Elenore and his fighting strategy after said encounter
-The founding of Zhcted and the Viralts
-Tigre asking to learn some bits of management from Elen
-Tigre's ability to think things through, which is also part of what drew Elen to him
-His ingenuity with strategy, as evidenced by the rope

Which only come into play later on. I probably missed some bits, but those are what comes to mind at the moment.

Out of sheer curiosity, what bits gave off a shounen-ish vibe to you?
Old 2012-10-01, 04:20   Link #457
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm...convenient power up(the bow) to kill "impossible" to kill enemy(flying dragon), putting arrows in each finger gap to fire continuously(impossible to aim well if you hold multiple arrow in your firing hand), firing toward the same point over and over again to pierce through a shield in a duel by predicting where the enemy move their shield. Basically, several scenes in the last battle works in rule of cool too much that it feels a little too shounen-y. Oh, and the falling into Ellen's breast scene and stumbling into her taking a bath are standard harem shounen scenes

Well, like I said, it's not as glaring as HDxD for example, but the feeling of a shounen series is still there for sure. I've learned better than judging a series from just the first volume though.
Old 2012-10-01, 04:31   Link #458
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Hmm...convenient power up(the bow) to kill "impossible" to kill enemy(flying dragon), putting arrows in each finger gap to fire continuously(impossible to aim well if you hold multiple arrow in your firing hand), firing toward the same point over and over again to pierce through a shield in a duel by predicting where the enemy move their shield. Basically, several scenes in the last battle works in rule of cool too much that it feels a little too shounen-y. Oh, and the falling into Ellen's breast scene and stumbling into her taking a bath are standard harem shounen scenes

Well, like I said, it's not as glaring as HDxD for example, but the feeling of a shounen series is still there for sure. I've learned better than judging a series from just the first volume though.
Haha, I won't dispute that. I'm just thankful that they're not so bad as to break willing suspension of disbelief to a certain degree. If it's any consolation, I don't think the shounen feel was there in the later volumes; that or it never really got overly shounen enough to distract me.

The bath scene, I'd like to think of it more as Elenore divulging to Tigre the importance of a Vanadis' role regardless of personal feelings or opinion. The fanservice in that part never really got to me, same as with the breast grab moment (though I won't deny the fanservice; it's just that my attention was more focused on other matters). For the convenient power up,
Spoiler:

The way that coincidence played out was definitely rather enforced; Tigre grabs arrow meant for Tita -> blood on bow.
Old 2012-10-01, 04:45   Link #459
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, actually, more than the power up itself, it was the timing that feels a little too convenient for me. It's like :

"Aww, enemy we can't reach with our current power"
"*whisper from weapon* don't worry, there's power in this weapon that's perfect in this weapon to reach the enemy"
"yay, I can reach it now*

I agree though it's not that bad in regards to the overall plot and the occurence is not numerous enough since the battle itself is not the focus in vol 1 overall story.
Old 2012-10-01, 04:59   Link #460
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, actually, more than the power up itself, it was the timing that feels a little too convenient for me. It's like :

"Aww, enemy we can't reach with our current power"
"*whisper from weapon* don't worry, there's power in this weapon that's perfect in this weapon to reach the enemy"
"yay, I can reach it now*

I agree though it's not that bad in regards to the overall plot and the occurence is not numerous enough since the battle itself is not the focus in vol 1 overall story.
It's Deus ex Machina (MC gains sudden power up because he have to finish off the enemy), and it's very common thing in every shounen (e.g. Bleach, when Ichigo have to finish off Ulquiorra, or Naruto when he have to finish off Pain)

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)