AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-27, 23:39   Link #1
lolicon

Wondering where...

...the seriously weird mind**** anime is this season. The last few seasons have had Paranoia Agent and Texhnolyze and Gilgamesh to keep me going while all the Naruto fans went nuts over each new episode, but I'm really wondering where this kind of title is hiding this year. Gankutsuou is sort of getting there, but its just not in the same vein as those increadibly inaccessable titles.

I'm just wondering, is there anything this season, or in the near future that I can watch in the same vein as those? I'm not looking for titles and suggestions of anime from prior to this season, so don't worry about listing those.

Thanks to everyone who replies.
Old 2004-10-28, 00:30   Link #2
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Its not a mental show.. but just watch elfen lied. Its enough carnage to make your head hurt. Heres a bloody sample for you.

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Tulient-blood.JPG
Old 2004-10-28, 01:10   Link #3
lolicon

I've watched the first few episodes of elfen leid, and it just doesn't do anything for me. I honestly wonder how that anime could have been made, as the completely pointless gore and sex combined with the utterly souless and uninspired characters makes it seem like it should have come from the early 90's, sitting in blockbuster video stores next to other awful anime like Genocyber, M.D. Geist and Judge.
Old 2004-10-28, 03:21   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The good mindf***k anime this season is called Fantastic Children. I'd love to tell you what it is about except that half the fun of this sort of show is to figure out what it is about. I can only say that it is compelling and intriguing.

Unfortunately I can't recommend that you download it because it has been licensed. You will not find this title on AnimeSuki. For some reason a lot of the mindf**k anime like Paranoia Agent and Technolyze gets pre-licensed. I hope people buy the DVD when they come out.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-10-28 at 03:37.
Closed Thread