AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 20:10   Link #221
tsunade666

I wouldn't compare it to D. Gray-man because the setting of how an exorcise work is different. Though both are exorcise but the thing they exorcise are different.

Well it's just funny when I'm hearing the conversation of Rin and Mephisto. It's like kamiyan meet accel scene that never happen in index.
Old 2011-04-24, 20:58   Link #222
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Having read the manga, I always wondered what inspired the author to design Yukio's face with moles. Yeah, maybe it's best if I stop commenting on it...

Episodes 1 and 2 are demonic. They're possessed. Immolated in blue fire.

So, so awesome. Anime like Blue Exorcist are why shonen anime became so popular worldwide... excellent fight scenes, touching family moments, and an entirely fantastical world the viewers want to immerse themselves in. This is D. Gray-Man 2.0.
In both the manga's first chapter and the anime's first episode, Allen Walker in D.Gray-man states that the akuma (demons) he hunts are not the supernatural, classical fiends that humanity is acquainted from religious folklore or mythology. They're half-monster, half-mechanical killer machines that just kill humans, not spiritually possessing them when alive.

Akuma in Blue Exorcist play the role of the classical demons from religious folklore that can and will spiritually possess the bodies of wicked humans and reap their souls.

Exorcists in D.Gray-man use anti-Akuma weapons, manufactured from the divine "Innocence" crystals to destroy them, in order to save the soul trapped inside. Destruction by anything else that's not Innocence will make the soul inside to be lost forever.

Exrocists in Blue Exorcists play the more traditional role of an Exorcists, fighting with conventional and folkloric weapons like swords, holy water, Eastern talismans, summons, etc., not being limited by a sole source.

D.Gray-man's akuma are borned and powered from the sorrow of people mourning for departed ones.

Blue Exorcists's akuma are borned in their own world (Makai), and I don't know as of yet how they can travel to the human world, but a thing is sure is that human wickedness attracts them like bees to honey. (Haven't read Blue Exorcist manga yet).
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:03   Link #223
Jerseykid

Rin is off to shibusen!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:19   Link #224
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 22:16   Link #225
OkamiNoKaze

This series seems pretty cool, Been waiting for it ever since seeing commercials for it on Star Driver. Anyone think the store manager lady looks like Mimi from Drew Carey show?
Old 2011-04-24, 23:36   Link #226
Jarmel

The OP wasn't that great but I was impressed by the music in general.

Overall a pretty solid episode.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 00:27   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Must... resist... urge to... read... manga... !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 01:16   Link #228
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Must... resist... urge to... read... manga... !
too late i already did after today's episode hahaa...there's only like 23 chapters out wtffffff, i want moarrrrrr
Old 2011-04-25, 02:05   Link #229
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I really like the OP. Not fond of the ED, but I don't hate it. 2AM has never been at the top of my kpop group preference list anyway (nor is 2PM). However, the song for the OP isn't one of UVERworld's better songs. Just sayin'.
Old 2011-04-25, 02:48   Link #230
Chase

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 03:53   Link #231
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wouldn't compare it to D. Gray-man because the setting of how an exorcise work is different. Though both are exorcise but the thing they exorcise are different.
Doesn't change the fact that whenever i see or hear the word exorcist, i can't help but think D.Gray-man.
Old 2011-04-25, 04:59   Link #232
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode was great but I'm a bit iffy on the ending after the credits. Was that supposed to be a comedy scene because it kinda felt jarring. And I don't like the look of the preview either. Highschool setting? Please, anything but that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 05:06   Link #233
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Was that supposed to be a comedy scene because it kinda felt jarring.
Didn't seem like a comedy scene to me, just that the character Mephisto seems to have that type of personality.
Old 2011-04-25, 05:08   Link #234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
This episode was great but I'm a bit iffy on the ending after the credits. Was that supposed to be a comedy scene because it kinda felt jarring. And I don't like the look of the preview either. Highschool setting? Please, anything but that.
Eh? How could you take that scene for anything other than serious business?
Old 2011-04-25, 05:16   Link #235
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wacko Mephisto and both of them making comical faces:
Spoiler for space:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 05:21   Link #236
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Doesn't change the fact that whenever i see or hear the word exorcist, i can't help but think D.Gray-man.
Didn’t like D.Gray-man, too much bullshit to accept.

Having roots in folklore and such is like a contract between the author and the audience that forbids him from pulling too much shit out of his ass. At least when you just invent some deus ex machina, make it interesting, like some alternative history (or interpretation). But D.Gray-man had none of that. In that one (at least from what I read in the manga) it was just random stuff happening over and over and over…and over and over. Each chapter was an annoying “this someone got fucked up” and no end in sight; frankly I hardly what the point of events was anyway. The semi-emo lead (Allen) wasn’t very likable either. However I do see the resemblance in the protagonists backstory (somewhat).
Old 2011-04-25, 05:54   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Wacko Mephisto and both of them making comical faces:
Spoiler for space:
That's only a small part, the general atmosphere is still serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Didn’t like D.Gray-man, too much bullshit to accept.

Having roots in folklore and such is like a contract between the author and the audience that forbids him from pulling too much shit out of his ass. At least when you just invent some deus ex machina, make it interesting, like some alternative history (or interpretation). But D.Gray-man had none of that. In that one (at least from what I read in the manga) it was just random stuff happening over and over and over…and over and over. Each chapter was an annoying “this someone got fucked up” and no end in sight; frankly I hardly what the point of events was anyway. The semi-emo lead (Allen) wasn’t very likable either. However I do see the resemblance in the protagonists backstory (somewhat).
You have the right to your opinion of course, but I question your that one line and everything else that came along with it; cause its like you're using alot of words but not really saying much.

There is not a single story of fantasy fiction that 100% translate a real life mythology into his or her story. In fact, it's almost impossible- believe me I've tried. Even in this story; Take for example the name 'Gehenna' is actually a place outside of ancient Jerusalem where people burn their trash. My point is People are bound to have to improvise.

And to say that 'random stuff' is happening over and over either implies that you're having great, unimaginable difficulty following the story, or that your classification of 'random stuff' covers a wider range than normal.
Old 2011-04-25, 05:55   Link #238
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think Kamiyan will do a great job as Mephisto, but it really seems like a perfect role for Takahiro Sakurai.. though of course I'm only basing that on the end of episode 2, I haven't read the manga... and trying to keep it that way... hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The OP wasn't that great but I was impressed by the music in general.
Yeah not really impressed by the OP or ED, I agree with whoever it was that said that the OP felt like it couldn't decide what type of song it wanted to be. I expected more from UVERworld, I've liked every other Anime OP they've been apart of much more than this one, especially their D.Gray Man and Terra E OPs....

Oh well, hopefully they get some good replacement songs for the 2nd cour OP and ED.... and they better step up the animation sequences as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 06:54   Link #239
chickdigger802

I do hope this show doesn't go all Bleach in which the initial episodes are cool and interesting and the rest just becomes generic shounen boredom.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:05   Link #240
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I haven't read the manga... and trying to keep it that way... hard...
Yeah it's very difficult. Saying that i'll probably just buy the first volume released by Viz, and go about it that way. I'm rather interesting in seeing what were the anime only scenes in the first two episodes.

Tags
fantasy, shounen