Old 2016-04-01, 06:33   Link #41
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^That's basically what I said a post above you -__-
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 06:52   Link #42
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

In the end, this novel is lifeless... There is no emotion at all... The writer seems just made this for fun
Old 2016-04-01, 11:58   Link #43
Rasty

^ Yeah, it is written for fun. I was having lots of fun reading it .

While I agree it is not an artistic masterpiece, it is fun readig. Also, the MC not doing even one SERIOUSLY stupid thing (as seigi baka MCs and other do) and nice writing (not plot etc., just the baisc level) causes it to be a smooth reading.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 17:16   Link #44
cadu_

By the way:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-01, 17:37   Link #45
Breimn

I think it was political stuff.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 17:43   Link #46
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
By the way:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2016-04-01, 17:58   Link #47
Rasty

^ As he said.
Spoiler:
Old 2016-04-01, 18:58   Link #48
cadu_

What wasnt explained so far is what they mentioned about the society being a secret because the dugeons might try to assasinate the members if it was public.
Old 2016-04-02, 03:01   Link #49
VooXoo

Very interesting, thanks.
I wondered what they mean with dungeon assassinating someone but maybe they are able to create a monster for the job?
I'll ask another thing, does the MC unlock the rank up for the hero or other jobs? The author was very silent on his level progress recently.
The lack of a dragon slayer job was a killjoy...
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 07:31   Link #50
Corvo269

You know what's funny. This novel could have been great to read instead of bland tasting ig the slaves actually had a bit of fucking personality. The closest you get is Sherry, Roxanne is literally a 'yes' machine and Vesta is basically an extra for most of it. My opinion may be biased as I was reading death march parallel to this one, where the character's don't feel like ROBOTS
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 07:37   Link #51
tfate
true harem seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
You know what's funny. This novel could have been great to read instead of bland tasting ig the slaves actually had a bit of fucking personality. The closest you get is Sherry, Roxanne is literally a 'yes' machine and Vesta is basically an extra for most of it. My opinion may be biased as I was reading death march parallel to this one, where the character's don't feel like ROBOTS
The Plot also moves slower than a turtle.. There is no excitement reading this one.
tfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 07:54   Link #52
Breimn

Quote:
You forgot catgirl who is instead "FISH!" machine. And not even Sherry has much personality. The only good chara is probably the emperor.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 09:51   Link #53
VooXoo

The other charas with something resembling a will don't appear much often, I'm guessing Cassia sister will be a little different, Sherry after don't do much on that.
Anyone noticed how the bowman/archer job doesn't seem to exist? Never appeared or talked about.

Sigh...the translation site is down, they have some connection problems recently after changing servers but today is the worst..."hello world"...
Old 2016-04-02, 11:30   Link #54
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
The other charas with something resembling a will don't appear much often, I'm guessing Cassia sister will be a little different, Sherry after don't do much on that.
Anyone noticed how the bowman/archer job doesn't seem to exist? Never appeared or talked about.

Sigh...the translation site is down, they have some connection problems recently after changing servers but today is the worst..."hello world"...
I agree that the heroines' personalities are the weakest point. Well Sherry is not bad as is and Roxana would be OK, but to make Roxana OK the other heroines have to possess a solid character for her to contrast with. If Roxana got the opportunity, she would shine. You know, MC obsessed (almost yandere, but would never harm MC) battle maniac, what more could you want. The catgirl is unfortunatelly weak (almost not speaking except about things about fishes). And if Vesta disappeared I am confident not to notice for good 20-40 chapters. As for the elf... well, she tried (got shot down and became NPC for the rest of the story).
But well, still better than Yuusha ya Eiyuu Deva Arimasenu, that one's heroines (guessing only from the first and second, couldn't continue reading) are just sex dolls without even solidly speaking.

Also, as for DM characrers. Except of Arisa, the characters always loose their personality in few chapters after appearing (when they get captured) and then continue to go after MC in the same way like NPCs in old-time RPGs after selecting "Folow me" command.
Old 2016-04-02, 11:54   Link #55
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
You forgot catgirl who is instead "FISH!" machine. And not even Sherry has much personality. The only good chara is probably the emperor.
I fucking forgot about the cat girl. See what I mean here people.
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 11:57   Link #56
iambill10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I agree that the heroines' personalities are the weakest point. Well Sherry is not bad as is and Roxana would be OK, but to make Roxana OK the other heroines have to possess a solid character for her to contrast with. If Roxana got the opportunity, she would shine. You know, MC obsessed (almost yandere, but would never harm MC) battle maniac, what more could you want. The catgirl is unfortunatelly weak (almost not speaking except about things about fishes). And if Vesta disappeared I am confident not to notice for good 20-40 chapters. As for the elf... well, she tried (got shot down and became NPC for the rest of the story).
But well, still better than Yuusha ya Eiyuu Deva Arimasenu, that one's heroines (guessing only from the first and second, couldn't continue reading) are just sex dolls without even solidly speaking.

Also, as for DM characrers. Except of Arisa, the characters always loose their personality in few chapters after appearing (when they get captured) and then continue to go after MC in the same way like NPCs in old-time RPGs after selecting "Folow me" command.
DM characters remain to have personality. They even have POVs (some are on intermissions). The only problem is that aside from Arisa, others don't really get much exposure so we don't usually see it. Sure their personalities not as complex as other heroines on different WN but they're not as one (or zero) dimensional as characters in Slave Harem... And people want to translate the LN version of this when skythewood was looking for story replacement for Overlord.

Quote:
I fucking forgot about the cat girl. See what I mean here people.
I stopped reading this for a while when that cat got purchased... Since I don't have much to read, I (without motivation) tried to return reading but I didn't pick up where I ended, but during the time when the MC (what's his name again) joined an organization with the emperor. Didn't even felt lost when I found out that they picked a character named Vesta (I don't remember her race)

Last edited by iambill10; 2016-04-02 at 12:00. Reason: quote
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 17:35   Link #57
VooXoo

Then the elf after making some rebukes on the MC absurd set of skills become a silent chara? So sad...
Vesta is a dragon-kin, big girl with big oppai who make tiny Sherry angry, she is a powerhouse but was born from slaves and always treated like them, loves her new lifestyle and is terribly humble.
Miria is there only for making the MC regret the purchase and because catgirls never hurts, but really, the author throwed her in so it wouldn't be a harem of slaves who only done what he said.

I think the chara in DM are much better that SH, they act on their own more often and even have their own chapters, sure is bad aa Satou harem only gets bigger when his physical traits should be low tier in that world, probably people can just feel his strenght and want to get closer to him someway.
Old 2016-04-02, 21:38   Link #58
cadu_

The reason Vesta doesnt have much presence is because she was born a slave so she was raised in an enviroment where she couldnt speak or display her feelings, but she already showed how she's pleased with her current life when she mentioned that her dream was going to the temple who helps slave but now she doesnt want to go there anymore.
Miria is an air head fish lover, its even harder to gets a good grasp about her since she doesnt even speak the MC language.
Roxane seems more like someone who likes fighting and respects MC for his strength, shes acts like somekind of loyal knight, when the MC asked if she wanted to modify the slave contract so that she would die if the MC died, she refused saying that she would like to die together with him for being unable to protect him.
Old 2016-04-03, 01:00   Link #59
iambill10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
The reason Vesta doesnt have much presence is because she was born a slave so she was raised in an enviroment where she couldnt speak or display her feelings, but she already showed how she's pleased with her current life when she mentioned that her dream was going to the temple who helps slave but now she doesnt want to go there anymore.
Miria is an air head fish lover, its even harder to gets a good grasp about her since she doesnt even speak the MC language.
Roxane seems more like someone who likes fighting and respects MC for his strength, shes acts like somekind of loyal knight, when the MC asked if she wanted to modify the slave contract so that she would die if the MC died, she refused saying that she would like to die together with him for being unable to protect him.
That's nice... Except every chapter includes "sasuga Master". In the end, they're slaves. And slaves are like items/things/objects. So they're character are just inanimate. 'tis a pity. Though yeah, sometimes, I enjoy reading this just to see MC getting jealous and having a fanfic in my brain where the girls get stolen since they seem as brain dead as those female NTR characters in h-manga.
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 03:37   Link #60
VooXoo

Yeah, Michio gets jealous easy.
With his sex maniac job he can manage every girl, without it is only his young man willpower.
I was surprised when I dscovered the WN is at around 210+ chapters and the translators are at 175, we are not much far behind.

Tags
cheat, furry, harem, level system, slave