Old 2008-01-10, 11:06   Link #201
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
hell yea what we need here was another average 14 year old fanboy
... Something wrong with beeing a kid?

Anyway, Red-hair pirate.. please behave.. i'm so tired of reading your posts about how awesome Shanks is.. and the first thing you do is to bitch when someone tell you that Shanks ain't god. Remember that it's humans with feelings that read you posts when you offend them. I really pity you, for you must have a lot of anger. Get a msn and bitch to "smarter child" or something.
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 14:36   Link #202
Kazotaku

Can anyone tell me exactly what Brooke's appeal is? Like many of you, I also feel that he will be the next crew member. However, this will be the first time I haven't looked forward to a character joining the straw hat crew. If he joins, I really don't know how they are going to have any more serious moments in one piece. He's a freaking skeleton with an afro. I would be laughing at him no matter what was coming out of this mouth.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the first to make this joke, but if he officially joins the straw hats crew, he'll be the one piece version of Jar Jar Binks. (At least for me)
Kazotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:07   Link #203
gencbiba

He was a former captain and a good swordsman. Obviously, he's very useful to the crew. He can even be a leader.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 15:20   Link #204
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
He was a former captain and a good swordsman. Obviously, he's very useful to the crew. He can even be a leader.
Yeah, however the leader position is already filled. And if you're talking 2nd in command doesn't Zoro pretty much fill that position already? Besides being a leader really isn't that impressive, considering every other straw hat member has leader traits.
Old 2008-01-10, 17:55   Link #205
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

Spoiler for From the manga, read on own risk if you haven't red the manga:
LesAmiesNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 19:44   Link #206
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAmiesNoir View Post
Afro's are never to be taken seriously in this day and age. Esp afro's of brooke's size. Oh well, in a anime and manga as long as one piece they were bound to have a character join the cast that I wouldn't like.

Just one more thing, Brooke's swordsman skills are no where NEAR touching Zoro's.
Old 2008-01-12, 04:43   Link #207
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAmiesNoir View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 20:59   Link #208
rabbitgodmeow

Of course there are going to be multiple people wielding words, they are pirates. That is like the typical pirate weapon. And referring to the one who doesn't like Brooke, there have been many times when I haven't liked a new character. But all of the characters really grow on you. Both Usopp and Frankie were both somewhat unappealing to me, however as the show continued I got used to them and neither of them even seem weird to me any more. Though personally I think that Brook is awesome.
rabbitgodmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 12:05   Link #209
Kazotaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitgodmeow View Post
Of course there are going to be multiple people wielding words, they are pirates. That is like the typical pirate weapon. And referring to the one who doesn't like Brooke, there have been many times when I haven't liked a new character. But all of the characters really grow on you. Both Usopp and Frankie were both somewhat unappealing to me, however as the show continued I got used to them and neither of them even seem weird to me any more. Though personally I think that Brook is awesome.
I still think its too much of a stretch. He's a skeleton with a afro who somehow poops. That and he's already dead, he should try getting back to that whale and just stay there for the rest of OP. (I forgot the whales name, ironically I never cared much for that whale either. lol) Giant Emo whale

Btw, I agree with you on Usopp, although I never hated him, he had to grow on me for awhile until I found him a likable character. However, even with his nose, he can still be taken seriously. Unlike Brooke. He would have to have a much sadder past for me to feel anything but laughter when I see him, I'm talking dead puppies kinda sad, and their would have to be a LOT of them.
Old 2008-02-19, 22:06   Link #210
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

he is joining the crew.

so, whatll it be next? (what kind of power?)
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:56   Link #211
james0246

I think a Logia user should join next or at least travel with them. Whilethe crew is about half-half for normal humans (at least for One Piece) and Devil Fruit wielders, it would be intersting to have a younger character with a humongous Logia power (over air, maybe). This person doed not necessarily have to be a crew member, but it might be interesting for them to travel with a logia user for awhile.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 11:05   Link #212
UNDergroundX

Hope that Brook joins. After that they can go to Impel Down and rescue Ace.

I really think that the Strawhats should have a mermaid in the crew as a scout and a giant that ate a 'shrinking' devil fruit making him small but grows big in situations or something.

The new world would be something alright. Cant wait.
UNDergroundX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 10:55   Link #213
Blaine

Well as of chapter 389 brook is now part of the crew, i don't think luffy wants anymore crewmen since all the postions he desired are now filled.
Old 2008-02-26, 15:26   Link #214
djthegreat88

luffy said he wanted 10 people and he only has 8 now so expect two more
djthegreat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:02   Link #215
Blaine

Oh i thought he only wanted the following,

A Swordsman - Zoro & now brook
Navigator - Nami
Shipwright - Franky
Cook - Sanji
Doctor - Choper
Sniper - Ussop

I can't remember if he wanted an archeologist or not.
Old 2008-02-27, 05:03   Link #216
Renchan

Err, 8? ...err, isn't Brook is the ninth member? They need one more member.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:13   Link #217
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Err, 8? ...err, isn't Brook is the ninth member? They need one more member.
No, Brooke is officially the Eighth member of the Strawhat crew. The crew are the members that follow the Captain. Luffy mentioned that he wanted at least 10 members in his crew, so that means 11 people all together. The title of the chapter in which Brooke joins is even called "The Eighth". There are two more members to join later (maybe a mermaid soon, but hopefully not ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:24   Link #218
Muyasuki

I expect/hope the next crew member to join will fill the position of Scout(I always thought that the musician would end up being the last position to be filled). Preferably a female as well.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 09:02   Link #219
UNDergroundX

I have a hunch that a shibukai would join the SH to even the balance out. Probably Arlong's captain before that is also a merman whaleshark.

I really want a fat guy to join Luffy's crew. It sounds stupid but crews like these need a fat guy or something big to be the background always in the Strawhat crew photos.
UNDergroundX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 12:35   Link #220
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDergroundX View Post
I have a hunch that a shibukai would join the SH to even the balance out. Probably Arlong's captain before that is also a merman whaleshark.

I really want a fat guy to join Luffy's crew. It sounds stupid but crews like these need a fat guy or something big to be the background always in the Strawhat crew photos.
I have read quite a few posts supporting the notion that a warlord will join the strawhat crew. May I ask why you think this would happen? It wouldn't make any sense for a warlord to join the strawhat crew because all of the warlords are enemies to the strawhats. The warlords are affiliated with the World Government so why would one of them join? Also, what do you mean by a warlord joining the strawhat crew would even out the balance? This course of action would do the exact opposite by disrupting the balance because only 6 out of the 7 warlords would be left, hence creating a void in their influence of world power.

I could see your second idea happening just for the sake of emphasizing more on appearance diversity in the crew.