Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-23, 03:47   Link #321
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
This was a pretty good series. The plot was pretty weak, I'm not sure if it's better in the source material but it feels like the anime left a lot out that could have made a difference. The main selling point for me would be the characters, especially Kotoha.
I dunno the plot is solid enough (youkai and humans getting along in a city with a odd protection system) the driving plot point of enjin/gin could have been done alil better but since its not going for shock or a supper fluffy happy ending I don't think that much greater since its a simple story with solid character design and dialog but the characters personalities and drives are pretty simplistic.

Overall IMO they kept to the plot points rarely deviating on that path making the anime a solid and enjoyable series.

I kinda wish R+V would do that..but I guess when things go ecchi things come in piars....er...I mean redundant......but then again Sekirei was ported over decently with onyl a few minor annoying changes.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 17:56   Link #322
SkoolRumble4Ya

I finally finish this series, I give it a 7/10.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 18:01   Link #323
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
And we got so little time with Yae (nun), Juri (nurse) and Touka (ogre).
You should check out the manga then. I 100% recommend it.

Just from the two first volumes alone, i'm starting to rate this easily as one of my favorite series'. Each chapter is just so much fun, and i love spending time with this amazing fun loving cast. You can really tell how much Suzuhito Yasuda loves his creations.
Old 2008-12-24, 07:40   Link #324
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, you can tell the manga puts a lot more thought into each character even from the first few arcs. The anime could've went places, but it was for one, too short and second, probably had very little budget to do anything ambitious.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 07:46   Link #325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, you can tell the manga puts a lot more thought into each character even from the first few arcs. The anime could've went places, but it was for one, too short and second, probably had very little budget to do anything ambitious.
True. If the anime does what the manga does with the characters, then we'd probably have a lot of people reading the summary and thinking they're watching two different shows. The manga just does it in a way that you don't care that nothing is happening. It's brilliant.
Old 2008-12-24, 07:59   Link #326
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It was an ok anime ! Note : 6/10

Good ending , sad for gin but it can't be helped ! It was Gin or the Town . Good they did the right choice !
The fight was a little entertaining and faster than i thought!
I still wondering , who is really the 3 people (the nun , her brother and the servant )
They are called Land God something like that !
They could do better with more materials etc ....
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 15:55   Link #327
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Then again, does anyone here have any experience producing anime? If no then we really can't say it was that bad now can we?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 16:05   Link #328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Then again, does anyone here have any experience producing anime? If no then we really can't say it was that bad now can we?
So you're saying people can't say they're opinions on the show because we don't produce anime?

What?
Old 2008-12-24, 18:55   Link #329
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
As experienced anime viewers we should be able to assume within reasoanble means "why and how".

I think its well done, could it be better yes but it could easily be R+V 2 .
Old 2008-12-25, 00:26   Link #330
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Yeah, this ended pretty well.

I can't find the manga anywhere in my vicinity, shame, because the first two chapters I read were pretty awesome. Definitely telling anyone who considers this series to go find and read the manga instead.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 07:59   Link #331
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
True. If the anime does what the manga does with the characters, then we'd probably have a lot of people reading the summary and thinking they're watching two different shows. The manga just does it in a way that you don't care that nothing is happening. It's brilliant.
I took on your advice, and finished the first volume Thank god, or whatever, it had furikana

It was certainly much better than the anime adaption and gave me the first fix of my favourite characters ... still four volumes to go

Anyway, does anyone have art / screencaps from Yozakura ... the usual sources seem pretty dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
I can't find the manga anywhere in my vicinity, shame, because the first two chapters I read were pretty awesome. Definitely telling anyone who considers this series to go find and read the manga instead.
Try ed2k or irc
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 08:03   Link #332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Anyway, does anyone have art / screencaps from Yozakura ... the usual sources seem pretty dry
Suzuhito Yasuda has his own profile on pixiv with a lot of his work. You just need to sign up to the site (it's free) to view them.
Old 2009-01-04, 12:13   Link #333
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin Ansem View Post
I will support this statement once again. Yeah, please check out the manga.

Moreover, the manga does have its differences from the anime. Some minor, some not so—most of which, I don't agree with. It makes me wonder why the anime even bothered to change certain things, but I can understand that they couldn't include everything due to some time constraints or whatnot.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 12:18   Link #334
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I will support this statement once again. Yeah, please check out the manga.

Moreover, the manga does have its differences from the anime. Some minor, some not so—most of which, I don't agree with. It makes me wonder why the anime even bothered to change certain things, but I can understand that they couldn't include everything due to some time constraints or whatnot.
Anime has its own staff and direction, I mean look at sekeri(of you can stand it)they changed some things and dropped others for time consideration.

Its mostly planning and plotting issues they ahve to amke ti fit into X amount of time that and the staff feeling this would do better aniamtied over that generally leads to changes.

Altho when it comes to overhauling stuff to do the same level of ecchi in a show...I just do not get that...... why waste time/money rebuilding/reploting a story/plot when the orgianl content will do as well ><
Old 2009-01-04, 12:26   Link #335
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Its mostly planning and plotting issues they ahve to amke ti fit into X amount of time that and the staff feeling this would do better aniamtied over that generally leads to changes.
The changes due to time constraints I can understand. But like I said, that usually consisted more of not including certain minor scenes from the manga. However, there are certain changes which pose no major consequence to the plot that were made—such as the backstory of Hime's scarf. Perhaps the anime does it better in light of its scope, but in the manga that plays a special role in the relationship between Hime and Akina, and thus it's portrayed differently.

It really doesn't affect the main plot that much, hence I don't see the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
Altho when it comes to overhauling stuff to do the same level of ecchi in a show...I just do not get that...... why waste time/money rebuilding/reploting a story/plot when the orgianl content will do as well ><
I don't exactly understand what you mean by that. Do you mean, how ecchi shows are censored when they're supposed to be ecchi in the first place? I mean, every manga-to-anime adaptation can be subject to changes from its original version for certain reasons.
Old 2009-01-04, 12:34   Link #336
ZippyDSM

Quote:
The changes due to time constraints I can understand. But like I said, that usually consisted more of not including certain minor scenes from the manga. However, there are certain changes which pose no major consequence to the plot that were made—such as the backstory of Hime's scarf. Perhaps the anime does it better in light of its scope, but in the manga that plays a huge role in the relationship between Hime and Akina, and thus it's portrayed differently.

I don't exactly understand what you mean by that. Do you mean, how ecchi shows are censored when they're supposed to be ecchi in the first place? I mean, every manga-to-anime adaptation can be subject to changes from its original version for certain reasons.
No look at R+V 2 it drops the manga story/plot mostly to do random ecchi skits, there's enough potential ecchi there to not completely lose its direction over yet they made new they play up random ecchi insted of going with what the manga has.

And yes I do realize the manga is reserved in its ecchiness if you need the ecchi to drive sales use panty shots instead of shadow/formless crotch shots and use a tad bit more nudity this can be done without destroying the plot/charatcers.

T&A/Fan service is all well and fine, I don;t mind it beign edited for TV(much ) but sometimes when it takes over a show it becomes....whats that expression I once heard...mmm.... "Tits on a zombie"....
Old 2009-01-04, 13:00   Link #337
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
No look at R+V 2 it drops the manga story/plot mostly to do random ecchi skits, there's enough potential ecchi there to not completely lose its direction over yet they made new they play up random ecchi insted of going with what the manga has.

And yes I do realize the manga is reserved in its ecchiness if you need the ecchi to drive sales use panty shots instead of shadow/formless crotch shots and use a tad bit more nudity this can be done without destroying the plot/charatcers.
Oh man, ok, now I get what you mean.

That's pretty much the reason why I dropped R+V in the first place. The insert songs even made it easier to do so for me.
Old 2009-01-04, 13:07   Link #338
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Oh man, ok, now I get what you mean.

That's pretty much the reason why I dropped R+V in the first place. The insert songs even made it easier to do so for me.
heh the best aniem seem to have songs that fit it greatly, but I ahve seen so so songs for better than so so shows.

r+V S1 is ok S2 blows but it has a hand full of scenes that compliment the manga and I am not talking about the overtly ecchi stuff, ep 10 or so of S2 where Inner moka is out for awhile is great its almost like a Omake based on a dream/nightmare Tuskune could have, theres also acouple other things but its mostly a loss, it dose not make for even "good" bad ecchi like Koi seven or Girls bravo 0-o
Old 2009-01-04, 13:21   Link #339
kujoe
from head to heel

I know what you mean. R+V is a fine example of a series gone bad due to such wide changes... all for the sake of skin and more panties. Way to ruin a story that is already very much there. I don't like the insert songs due to that way they're included in each episode. It looks totally arbitrary and personally I found them to be corny.

Thankfully, Yozakura Quartet doesn't go this extreme. The changes are differences are rather minor between manga and anime, but with those things considered I'd rather go for the manga since you'll still get more out of it.

I would however, miss hearing Kotoha's "da! da! da!" or Hime's tsundere song.
Old 2009-01-04, 13:26   Link #340
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I would however, miss hearing Kotoha's "da! da! da!" or Hime's tsundere song.
I still say it's a complete shame that Hime's tsundere song was never released.

I don't see anything wrong with the changes made in the anime --- it makes it all the more interesting to see. As i've mentioned before, most of the time i watch anime adaptations to see what the director can do with the work, so i rather like the changes made to the story. It makes for some interesting outcomes, and seeing how some things can be done differently compared to the original source.

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural